02. In The Shadows
03. Red Light In My Eyes, Pt 1
04. Red Light In My Eyes, Pt 2
05. Lake Bodom
06. The Nail
07. Touch Like Angel Of Death
08. Children Of Bodom [original single version] [2008 re-release bonus]
09. Mass Hypnosis [Sepultura cover] [2008 re-release bonus]

1997 was the year that a band redefined and I must dare to say, invented a whole new genre of Metal, Children Of Bodom was the band, and "Something Wild" took the Metal community by storm, the music was so undecipherable, so innovative so? strange.
Children Of Bodom took Melodic Death Metal, Power Metal, classical music and created a strange brew that critics everywhere tried to define, call it Extreme Metal, Power/Death Metal even Bodom Metal! Call it everything you want, but nobody can deny that these guys created something completely new here.

Besides the originality, the musicianship is amazing in this album! The killer riffing of Alexi "Wildchild" Laiho and the incredible keyboard of Janne Warman putted this band on the spot, every song, and I mean every song is a killer here, from starters "Deadnight Warrior" is a speed fest filled with great melodies, "In The Shadows" is another fuckin' great song, I can't believe the keyboards, they're amazing! The 2 part song "Red Light In My Eyes" is also incredible, the Pt. 1 contains a very melodic lead guitar and the Pt2 is among my favorites Children Of Bodom Songs of all times, is impossible not to sing along with the chorus, FIREEEE, I just love the neoclassical leads and keyboards in the songs, sadly in their posterior albums those influences were completely forgotten.

The album is short, clocking just a little more than 30 minutes, but rest assure that is worth every second of it, the closer song of the album "Touch Like An Angel Of Death" is my favorite on this one, the melodies, the aggression, everything is likable in this song.

Of course Children Of Bodom doesn't have the most intelligent lyrics around, and they're one of the most scoffed acts because of that, but once you get into this album, you won't mind the stupid lyrics.

Children Of Bodom's debut was (and is) one of the Cd's that must go into any metalhead collection, besides that is the most important release of 1997, is almost perfect in every way, those of you that have only heard some of latest releases of this guys, go back and listen this one, you'll be surprised to se how much they've changed musically wise.
Almost perfect for me, but perfect to hear it everyday.

Written by Undercraft | 26.02.2004

Comments page 2 / 2

Comments: 34   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 248 users
15.07.2012 - 20:14
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
Written by Grody2themax on 10.07.2012 at 08:08

Written by Guest on 22.06.2012 at 21:32

That was funny! What are you trying to say???

1- What my age has to do with it all?
2- CoB is in my favorites...
3- ... does not matter! What my favorite bands has to do with it all?
4- I said this album is shit?? When?
5- You said something about their more recent works...
6- Pass my opinion? What opinion??
7- The question remains...

I don't know if you misunderstand me, or you just don't like to be quoted, but review what you said to me.

EDIT: Learn how to quote!

1. I think about 19 is the big turning point intellectually though I'm sure you're pretty competant by your response. Age does have something to do with intelligence but I didn't really mean to quote you're age as a legitamate argument against you. It was more of a joke.

2, 3, 4, 5, 6:
I said:
Written by Grody2themax on 04.10.2011 at 23:12

Its a shame this band is so hated in the metal genre

You said:
Written by Guest on 07.06.2012 at 21:18

Think again...

So, what does "think again..." mean lol. When I first saw it I wrongfully assumed that you were one of those people that thinks they're too cool for this band and thinks they should be hated in the metal genre. But by looking at your second response I'm thinking now that you meant for me to think again and realize they are not as hated as I believe them to be. If this is true, I disagree. There are a ton of people who think this band is shit, but perhaps maybe more so in the metal generation about 4-5 yrs ago. This happened to be the time I was really getting into metal and ran into a ton of people trying to equate CoB to pop music.

7. not too sure what you meant but I think I answered you.

Conclusion:
I stated that I thought this band was wrongfully hated in the metal genre (should have said metal scene but whatever lol). You responded. I thought you were disagreeing with me. I responded by making a joke at you're age and being a pretentious assehole about your musical tastes, which I apologize for.

I knew you misunderstood me since the beginning. I could have avoided all this confusion, but you made a childish and senseless argument... I guess age doesn't mean anything in discussions after all. My "think again" was because you said they are hated in the metal scene. "Think again" 'cause everybody love CoB, at least at the time I discovered the band... I never saw a CoB hater... child, teen or adult. Maybe those newest albums are hated, but you commented on their debut album, one of their best album. That's why I disagree with your comment, which I even tram the important part. Again, sorry for the trouble. And Rammstein is a cool band Much better than many industrial shit out there
18.07.2012 - 05:17
Rating: 8
Grody2themax

Written by Guest on 15.07.2012 at 20:14

I knew you misunderstood me since the beginning. I could have avoided all this confusion, but you made a childish and senseless argument... I guess age doesn't mean anything in discussions after all. My "think again" was because you said they are hated in the metal scene. "Think again" 'cause everybody love CoB, at least at the time I discovered the band... I never saw a CoB hater... child, teen or adult. Maybe those newest albums are hated, but you commented on their debut album, one of their best album. That's why I disagree with your comment, which I even tram the important part. Again, sorry for the trouble. And Rammstein is a cool band Much better than many industrial shit out there

Sorry for the long response. Its just you asked me like 7 things so I figured I'd give you a real answer. Also, I completely understand the misunderstanding now.
18.07.2012 - 19:16
Cüca Beludö
Account deleted
Written by Grody2themax on 18.07.2012 at 05:17

Written by Guest on 15.07.2012 at 20:14

Sorry for the long response. Its just you asked me like 7 things so I figured I'd give you a real answer. Also, I completely understand the misunderstanding now.

No problem. Everything is good when it ends good
26.07.2015 - 22:26
Rating: 5
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I would say this band take away all teenage girls who were in love and had a crush on Alexi, now dude is old , good, I hate teenage girl crush on some guitar dude
More ammerican story behind Bodom Järvi not Finnish, yeah bodnom night silent slash .. happens in American horror
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing

Hits total: 9550 | This month: 15