Metal Storm logo
Metal song about real vikings (not mythology)

29.10.2017 - 18:01
Baldmetal
I realised there many songs about viking culture, specially about mythology. Always with gods, war and viking spirit... but not tellig a real story. Maybe I'm wrong.

For example: Halvdan the Black of Leave's Eyes tells the story of a real viking. Aslo Eirk de red of Tyr. But i cant find more. Maybe, of course, in Amon Amarth songs there maybe more about some battle but i can resumen their lyrics in "we are vikings, how cool is that? we are strong and Odin kick ass". So, any recomendation?

THX!
----
O_o
29.10.2017 - 19:03
tominator
At best deranged
contributor
Sellsword - Hardrada is one that comes to mind. It is about Harald Hardrada, judging from the lyrics, I assume it talks about his attempt to invade England. Particularly the battle at Stamford bridge where he was killed and the invasion of the Norwegians was stopped by the English forces (which were a few weeks later defeated by the forces of William The Conqueror).

Lyric video (with some added sound effects)

The original song as it appears on the album (And Now We Ride...)
29.10.2017 - 19:52
Polaria
Written by Baldmetal on 29.10.2017 at 18:01

For example: Halvdan the Black of Leave's Eyes tells the story of a real viking.

The whole album King of Kings actually tells the story of the first King of Norway, Harald Fairhair. Liv Kristine Espenaes was born in the area were the unificating battle happened.
More info here: https://www.visitnorway.com/listings/swords-in-rock/1852/
----
Life is all the pain we endeavour.
16.11.2019 - 13:50
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by mahadewan on 16.11.2019 at 09:28

Viking metal is a style of heavy metal music with origins in black metal and Nordic folk music, characterized by a lyrical and thematic focus on Norse mythology, Norse paganism, and the Viking Age.
>>> what's best Nordvpn or purevpn?

Thanks for the info
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
09.11.2022 - 22:08
TheTrueLHC
Watch this !

I figured out the runes at the end...

They spell "Honor"