Metal Storm logo
Behemoth - Merch Design Under Polish Criminal Investigation

Behemoth are in trouble with the Polish authorities again, this time over a merchandise design. You might remember that guitarist/vocalist Adam "Nergal" Darski faced up to two years in prison for tearing apart a bible on stage and calling it "a book of lies" (later he was cleared of the charges, and then the decision was appealed). It seems that the Polish authorities have taken issue with the "Republic Of The Unfaithful" design allegedly for disrespecting the White Eagle, which is found on the national coat of arms of Poland.

Frontman Nergal commented via Facebook: "So here I go again. On my way to the prosecutors office in Gdansk to be questioned as a suspect in 'The republic of the unfaithful' case. Me and my partner in 'crime' Maciek Manticore Gruszka is showing up too. Several individuals have been already questioned including heraldists who have made their statement clear: THIS IS NOT A POLISH EMBLEM. Apparently it's not nuff for the decision makers in the court. Are they looking for a scapegoat? Is this another attempt of the Polish government to convict Nergal and give an example for other artists? What's the hidden message of those actions may I ask? "Do NOT fuck with us"? "Polish emblem as well as other religious symbols are meant to be untouchable"?, "Art has its strict borders and thou shalt obey Nergal!"? Weird times, weird country, weird vibes... I do NOT feel safe and comfortable here I must admit but do I feel guilty? Fuck no. I worship the reason and I'm a massive fan of logic therefore it is OBVIOUS that the eagle that has NO crown can NOT be a Polish emblem. Period. Sadly we have stopped selling shirts with this motive (but hey, it's ALREADY the best selling shirt in our catalogue! huurraaay!) but what we r gonna do with fans who have tattooed 'The republic of the unfaithful' on their back? Shall we arrest them? Peel the skin off? Cover it up? These rhetorical questions I'm gonna leave unanswered here and go to do what I do best: piss stupid people off with sincere and honest art and I shall NEVER give up on my freedom to do so. 'Do what Thou wilt shall be the whole of the law'! Enjoy your day folks!"

The band have stopped selling the merchandise with the design and have also asked anyone on their social media to refrain from posting it. Behemoth said in a statement: "Note! We have an important announcement. Because of the ongoing criminal investigation we have a request of NOT putting on our profile ANY materials related to the 'Republic of the Unfaithful' ('Rzeczpospolita Niewierna') designs. We will have to remove such posts and ban people who will post it. Thank you."

Tattoo of the design and coat of arms of Poland:

In other Behemoth related news, Nergal recently shared footage of Behemoth rehearsing new tunes via Instagram. You can check out the video if you are interested. The band has been working on new material and promises to reveal more about it soon.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Behemoth
Posted: 01.11.2017 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 63   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 361 users
01.11.2017 - 14:25
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Weird things are happening in Poland, constitution changes what can make govemenet easely take control, what EU don't like, equal as Orban in Hungary wants some stupid changes, now this , whats going on there? and why Nargel cant move to Germany or Lietuva , EU is EU, why don't he moves as Izreli and Turkish bands moves to west because of religious fanatics discrimination? Many poles moved away after jping EU.
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
01.11.2017 - 15:00
Tatras

Written by Bad English on 01.11.2017 at 14:25

Weird things are happening in Poland, constitution changes what can make govemenet easely take control, what EU don't like, equal as Orban in Hungary wants some stupid changes, now this , whats going on there? and why Nargel cant move to Germany or Lietuva , EU is EU, why don't he moves as Izreli and Turkish bands moves to west because of religious fanatics discrimination? Many poles moved away after jping EU.

We dont have terrorist attack in our country. No muslims, no refugees, we feel safe in our cities when walking in the night. This is why no one moves west from Poland. Believe me... case in court is better than beheading by some "refugee".
01.11.2017 - 15:47
Polaria

Written by Tatras on 01.11.2017 at 15:00

We dont have terrorist attack in our country. No muslims, no refugees, we feel safe in our cities when walking in the night. This is why no one moves west from Poland. Believe me... case in court is better than beheading by some "refugee".

How about not having cases in court because of such censorship nonsense?
----
Life is all the pain we endeavour.
01.11.2017 - 16:15
Tatras

Written by Polaria on 01.11.2017 at 15:47

Haha, how about 22.03.2016 ?? Believe me. Behemoth is doing well, i can buy their album, listen to Anima Damnata and Infernal War (check those bands, and you will see that Behemoth looks like good christians compared to them), and have no problems with that. Behemoth is very popular so their get attention from some poiiticians who want to get some popularity to... nothing more. Behemoth will exist and proper as well as thier were from the beginning. There is some censorship in public televison but who nomrla cares about public televison nowadays... but we dont have so opressive political correctness like in your countries, which is synonym to censorship
01.11.2017 - 17:02
Polaria

Written by Tatras on 01.11.2017 at 16:15

Haha, how about 22.03.2016 ?? Believe me. Behemoth is doing well, i can buy their album, listen to Anima Damnata and Infernal War (check those bands, and you will see that Behemoth looks like good christians compared to them), and have no problems with that. Behemoth is very popular so their get attention from some poiiticians who want to get some popularity to... nothing more. Behemoth will exist and proper as well as thier were from the beginning. There is some censorship in public televison but who nomrla cares about public televison nowadays... but we dont have so opressive political correctness like in your countries, which is synonym to censorship

I do not really see what the Brussels attacks have to do with the news we are commenting on, ie how a band (who happens to be Polish) is dragged to court about their "offensive" merchandise.
----
01.11.2017 - 17:18
Tatras

Written by Polaria on 01.11.2017 at 17:02

Written by Tatras on 01.11.2017 at 16:15

I do not really see what the Brussels attacks have to do with the news we are commenting on, ie how a band (who happens to be Polish) is dragged to court about their "offensive" merchandise.

@Bad English shown so much care of "weird things happening in Poland", so i pointed that nothing weird is happening comparing to western europe countries.
01.11.2017 - 17:19
FYA
Destroyer

We feel safe in our cities when walking in the night.

Oh you're so sure about that?
01.11.2017 - 17:21
Tatras

Written by FYA on 01.11.2017 at 17:19

We feel safe in our cities when walking in the night.

Oh you're so sure about that?

Tak jestem pewny.
01.11.2017 - 18:09
Andreas

It looks like that is the Polish coat of arms. If their work falls under the scope of criminal law (which I can understand; Poland is a proud nation), then there's nothing to be outraged about when they actually do get punished. It would simply be stupid; but then again, Nergal isn't the brightest tool in the shed. On the other hand, publicity is more important than "being right"...
01.11.2017 - 18:25
Ikuinen

The Alt-Right in America are constantly raving on how wonderful Poland is and traditionel. apparently not so much when it comes to freedom of speech
01.11.2017 - 18:38
Daniell
_爱情_

Don't waste time talking with this moron. He always tries to talk about our country, but he doesn't have a clue, like now. Just ignore him.
01.11.2017 - 18:51
KacperZbyryt

You definitely have no idea of what's happening in Poland...
01.11.2017 - 18:56
Polaria

Written by Andreas on 01.11.2017 at 18:09

It looks like that is the Polish coat of arms. If their work falls under the scope of criminal law (which I can understand; Poland is a proud nation), then there's nothing to be outraged about when they actually do get punished. It would simply be stupid; but then again, Nergal isn't the brightest tool in the shed. On the other hand, publicity is more important than "being right"...

Eagle is a very common heraldry symbol.
Besides Poland isn't really the only country sporting an eagle on its coat of arms, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eagle_(heraldry). You may as well say the band direspected Austria, Romania... at this rate.
----
01.11.2017 - 19:04
Tatras

Written by KacperZbyryt on 01.11.2017 at 18:51

Me?! I live here for 27 years
01.11.2017 - 20:16
Mad Arab666

Quote:

/
You know the UK has a large Polish population right? I mean people were complaining about all the Polski Skleps that were opening up in my home city back in the later part of the last decade.
----
Bring up the wolves head!
01.11.2017 - 21:25
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
First of all, in the case of Poland, whoever bothers believing what lies come from Brussels, can might as well check some tabloids, because it is the exact same thing, 10% truth, 90% lies or interpreting information as it sees fit. Brussels has a beef with Poland, Hungary and with the Visegrad 4 countries because they are rejecting the leftist, cultural marxist propaganda perpetrated by the Eurocrats and that these countries still have a shred of patriotism, nationalism guiding them. And because they are rejecting the "religion of peace" as well.

They have a beef with Eastern European countries because they deem them "islamophobic". Can't speak for others, but if somebody calls me an islamophobe, I would admit it and I would be proud of it. Denying it, or supporting it means supporting honor crimes, the "peace trucks", beheading ISIS style and all the other 'civilization lessons' that the religion of peace displays.

EU may have been a blessing economically for some countries, but politically and socially, ever since Mastricht it has been a nightmare, like a cancer which gradually reaches terminal phase. I just hope that sooner or later, Intermarium will secede from the West, who clearly follows a different agenda and develop on its own. It has the potential, the people and the resources to do it. EU can keep the money, the refugees and its marxist policies to itself.
01.11.2017 - 21:41
KacperZbyryt

Written by Tatras on 01.11.2017 at 19:04

I meant the current situation, with PiS screwing the country with his decisions.
01.11.2017 - 22:22
empty

Written by KacperZbyryt on 01.11.2017 at 21:41

I meant the current situation, with PiS screwing the country with his decisions.

a Spaniard has no room to talk
01.11.2017 - 22:35
replica of me

That is one of the silliest and most ignorant replies I have read in a long time.
I do not feel safe while walking in the night. Probably because of people like you.
01.11.2017 - 22:40
Tatras

Kid you are 16 yaers old and live in Spain. What do you know? What media shown you? haha
01.11.2017 - 22:44
Tatras

Quote:
Written by Mad Arab666 on 01.11.2017 at 20:16

/
You know the UK has a large Polish population right? I mean people were complaining about all the Polski Skleps that were opening up in my home city back in the later part of the last decade.

Hahah so you are funny. Why do you complain about some eceonomic and private activity which is Polski Sklep and you don nothing about some imigrants counting only on your social benefits having 15 children that are cuting your throats? because you are afraid of them And you know hat? we dont have them in our country. Oh, sorry yes we have them and see what we are doing when they are doig something wrong: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjjyHEIBeP8
01.11.2017 - 23:09
Hellcult

God, Honour, Fatherland is one of the mottos of Poland and trust me they mean a lot.
Poland is very very religious, Catholic nearly 90% and Behemoth become very well known in Poland and i don't mean for metalheads but regular people so whenever something like that happens people start to talk it spreads all over there U have it!
----
And I see the blade fall down upon the head of lord in heaven
And Darkness falls upon the end of history
While I drink the milk of the Black Goddess and cry over the mankind

Black Moses is my name...
01.11.2017 - 23:19
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
Trim your quotes, for fuck's sake.

I'd also prefer less stupidity, but if you must, at least have the decency to make it skimmable.
02.11.2017 - 01:12
KacperZbyryt

Written by empty on 01.11.2017 at 22:22

a Spaniard has no room to talk

I just live in Spain. Me and my entire family is Polish, so I think I have all the room to talk.
02.11.2017 - 01:20
KacperZbyryt

Written by Tatras on 01.11.2017 at 22:40

Kid you are 16 yaers old and live in Spain. What do you know? What media shown you? haha

So only because I'm 16 I'm supposed to not know anything about politics? I'm Polish and I see and read Polish media. If destroying the justice, having no helicopters for the military, wasting money on billboards that criticize judges, giving millions of zloty to Rydzyk, reforming the educational system without a reason and much more shit doesn't bother or anger you, then, in my opinion, you're just a moron.
02.11.2017 - 02:50
VIG
Account deleted
Everybody: TRIM YOUR QUOTES, GODDAMMIT
02.11.2017 - 03:23
nikarg

Written by Guest on 02.11.2017 at 02:50

Everybody: TRIM YOUR QUOTES, GODDAMMIT

Thanks man, you made me laugh so hard because I remembered this
On another note, fellow users please refrain from turning this thread into a parade of bigoted assholes.
02.11.2017 - 03:24
VIG
Account deleted
Written by nikarg on 02.11.2017 at 03:23

Thanks man, you made me laugh so hard because I remembered this
On another note, fellow users please refrain from turning this thread into a parade of bigoted assholes.

I mean, writing it in all caps really wasn't necessary but I wanted to get my point across.
02.11.2017 - 09:44
Tatras

Quote:
Written by KacperZbyryt on 02.11.2017 at 01:20

So only because I'm 16 I'm supposed to not know anything about politics? I'm Polish and I see and read Polish media. If destroying the justice, having no helicopters for the military, wasting money on billboards that criticize judges, giving millions of zloty to Rydzyk, reforming the educational system without a reason and much more shit doesn't bother or anger you, then, in my opinion, you're just a moron.

You are 16 yeears old and live in a different country. You don't know to much about life, and gettig informations from media that are paid from german money. So you do know nothing about politics. This goverment is not ideal, it makes many annoying things... but its better than previous one, and whole EU leftist politics.
They didn't destroy justice because there was no justice in this country at all. Look what happened in Warsaw under that poor judges eyes you are talking about. Lawyers stolen houndreds of milions zloty and many biuldings. Why do you think that educational reform was without reason? I know why... because some reporter in TV told you that?
02.11.2017 - 15:19
Andreas

Written by Polaria on 01.11.2017 at 18:56

Eagle is a very common heraldry symbol.
Besides Poland isn't really the only country sporting an eagle on its coat of arms, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eagle_(heraldry). You may as well say the band direspected Austria, Romania... at this rate.

Yes, it's a common symbol. Yet, there are differences in depiction of the Eagle in these cases. Besides, if (IF!!!) there's any supportive evidence about the intention of making a parody of the Polish coat of arms specifically, then well... They should simply man up.
But well, innocent until proven guilty, as far as I'm concerned.

Hits total: 6716 | This month: 6