Metal Storm logo
Machine Head - Reveal More Album Details, Stream New Song

Today is a big day for San Francisco Bay Area metal titans Machine Head as they will release their highly anticipated new album, Catharsis, on January 26th via Nuclear Blast Entertainment and the pre-orders have just launched. Today, the band has also released a brand new track from the album entitled "Beyond The Pale" and revealed more details about it. Give "Beyond The Pale" a spin below and share your impressions.

To pre-order the album in various formats (CD, digipak, CD-Digi + DVD + 2LP boxset, black, picture, red, dark blue, bi colored, splatter vinyl), visit this location.

"I feel like metal could really infiltrate the mainstream with this album. And it needs to... now more than ever. A lot of consideration went into making these songs more identifiable to a wider audience. Simplifying ideas, simplifying hooks, really concentrating on story-telling as opposed to 'brutal poetry' or whatever. And while I'd love to say it was all some grand plan, there was no 'plan'" Flynn adds laughing. "You never know where you're going to end up whenever you start writing a record... you just write... but I tell ya what... we ended up with a landmark here. Whenever you finish an album, you always feel proud, but this time... we've got something really special. We can feel it. We know it. Catharsis could really elevate our genre."

Catharsis was produced by Robb Flynn and recorded, mixed, and co-produced by Zack Ohren (Fallujah, All Shall Perish) at Sharkbite Studios in Oakland, CA. Mastering was handled by Ted Jensen (Hatebreed, Alice In Chains, Deftones) at Sterling Sound, New York, NY. Cover photography was created by Seanen Middleton.

Tracklist:
01. Volatile
02. Catharsis
03. Beyond The Pale
04. California Bleeding
05. Triple Beam
06. Kaleidoscope
07. Bastards
08. Hope Begets Hope
09. Screaming At The Sun
10. Behind A Mask
11. Heavy Lies The Crown
12. Psychotic
13. Grind You Down
14. Razorblade Smile
15. Eulogy

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Machine Head
Posted: 17.11.2017 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 16   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 171 users
17.11.2017 - 13:26
I read Flynn's statement before listening to the song and expected it to be absolutely horrible. Oh boy, my expectations were more than fulfilled...
17.11.2017 - 13:59
Spacerunner
No. Just no.
17.11.2017 - 14:13
MikeVonDoom
The intro is a Strapping Young Lad rip-off!
17.11.2017 - 14:53
AndreMarcos
" A lot of consideration went into making these songs more identifiable to a wider audience. Simplifying ideas, simplifying hooks"

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand this album is going to suck
17.11.2017 - 15:00
Sangre Sani
I don't know, I kinda like it. It's not like their usual stuff since The Blackening, but I knew that this would be the case, since Flynn said that in interviews. Maybe that's why I'm not that shocked. It has its charm.
17.11.2017 - 15:31
qlacs
"The Quaker"
Written by MikeVonDoom on 17.11.2017 at 14:13

So much so it almost hurts
----
17.11.2017 - 21:18
cossaisVendeurs
I've heard 'Love?' as well, Flynn.
18.11.2017 - 00:55
Necrodamus
Wow didn't really think they could get much worse. Blatant SYL ripoff aside, this album could be their new low.
18.11.2017 - 01:24
RikkiTikiTavi
"I feel like metal could really infiltrate the mainstream with this album."
You tried that before and it was utter shit.
18.11.2017 - 03:41
MyNameJeff
The new Trivium is a better Machine Head album than Machine Head's new album.
18.11.2017 - 13:49
Spacerunner
Written by Drippy.Hippie on 18.11.2017 at 06:14

I'm not very fond of Machine Head's more recent material, but it's not as bad as I expected. I dig it somewhat I guess.

Also you should dig Nietzsche 'cause you have a misquote by Kipling.
18.11.2017 - 20:23
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
elite
Written by MikeVonDoom on 17.11.2017 at 14:13

Yeah that riff is straight from Love, fuck that
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
19.11.2017 - 20:28
theFIST
This will not be successful with the combination of a miserable high note guitar tone and annoying clean singing
otherwise this actually is thoughtless and standard groove metal enough to be radio playable and marketable to vast numbers of people that want to try out metal, but don"t need something that inspires further exploration into the genre
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
21.11.2017 - 10:42
Temirch
To tell true i'm quite disappointed. Song reminds me In comes the flood, but some kind of unfinished version. Still believe in Rob & Co!
----
No more Mr. Nice Guy
24.11.2017 - 15:20
Maco
Pvt Funderground
What's the matter Rob, you gonna cry?
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
30.11.2017 - 12:37
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
New song looks me pretty tight. I don't know what's the wave going on above?

At least in comparison with two turds B&D and Unto The Locust, this took me for a surprise. I will definitely look forward to.

Hits total: 3479 | This month: 9