Metal Storm logo
Long Distance Calling - Announce New Album

Post-rockers Long Distance Calling will be releasing a new album next year. Their sixth studio album is titled Boundless and is set for release on the 2nd of February 2018 via Inside Out Music. Following the release of two albums that saw the band exploring the addition of vocals to their sound, the band have gone back to basics and created a purely instrumental record. Watch a teaser for the album, revealing the artwork and a snippet of new music here.

The band comments: "We are happy to announce our new album Boundless which will see the light of day on February 2nd 2018. This time around the four of us locked ourselves in a room over a couple of months and pretty much got back to where we started as a band to catch this 'go with the flow' feeling. This is probably the purest LDC album ever, no guests, no vocals, all instrumental. We're stoked how it turned out and this album got a lot of energy, heaviness, melodies and twists, we hope you will enjoy it as much as we do."

Tracks:

01. Out There
02. Ascending
03. In The Clouds
04. Like A River
05. The Far Side
06. On The Verge
07. Weightless
08. Skydivers

Furthermore, the band announced new tour dates in support of the new album release.

Feb 2nd 2018 - Dortmund (D), FZW (Boundless Release Show / followed by Visions Party)
Feb 28th 2918 - Hannover (D), Lux
Mar 1st 2018 - Berlin (D), Musik & Frieden
Mar 2nd 2018 - Hamburg (D), Indra
Mar 3rd 2018 - Kiel (D), Die Pumpe
Mar 4th 2018 - Bremen (D), Tower
Mar 5th 2018 - Cologne (D), Gebäude 9
Mar 6th 2018 - Wiesbaden (D), Schlachthof (Kesselhaus)
Mar 7th 2018 - Stuttgart (D), ClubCann
Mar 8th 2018 - Munich (D), Kranhalle
Mar 9th 2018 - Vienna (AUT), B72
Mar 10th 2018 - Prague (CZE), Nova Chmelnice
Mar 11th 2018 - Dresden (D), Beatpol
Mar 12th 2018 - Nürnberg (D), Club Stereo

Following the release of 2016's Trips, which saw the band collaborating with Norwegian vocalist Petter Carlsen, Long Distance Calling celebrated the 10th anniversary of their debut album Satellite Bay with 'An Evening With' shows in Germany. This was the first step in the band for returning to a solely instrumental sound, going back to the core of what the band are about and realising that the band were happiest with just the 4 of them together.

The band reveals: "We wanted to focus on what we started with. Maybe that's why Boundless turned out so hard - we all started with metal back in the days. This time we worked very intuitively. Someone starts, and something develops from this. This way, you achieve an enormous sonic scope - and you can hear that on the album."

Source: insideoutmusic.com
Band profile: Long Distance Calling
Posted: 27.11.2017 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 29 users
27.11.2017 - 14:34
Jagsey

Yes, I've been waiting for them to go back to full instrumental songs. Nothing after the self-titled record has really grasped me yet and going back to their basics sure sounds promising to me.
27.11.2017 - 21:17
filippos81

Awesome
28.11.2017 - 12:20
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Jagsey on 27.11.2017 at 14:34

Yes, I've been waiting for them to go back to full instrumental songs. Nothing after the self-titled record has really grasped me yet and going back to their basics sure sounds promising to me.

Not even Avoid The Light? That album is so perfect though...

Curious about the new album!
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
28.11.2017 - 21:18
Jagsey

Avoid The Light was before their self-titled and an amazing record
29.11.2017 - 11:51
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Jagsey on 28.11.2017 at 21:18

Avoid The Light was before their self-titled and an amazing record

You're right. For some reason I read "After their debut". In that case, I absolutely agree with you. It was their last great album for me as well. While the latest albums also had good songs, it wasn't the same quality.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram

Hits total: 1664 | This month: 3