Metal Storm logo
Morbid Angel - New Song Streaming Online

Today, you can hear a new song from death metal veterans Morbid Angel. The track is, of course, taken from their impending 9th studio album, Kingdoms Disdained, which is due out really soon on December 1st via Silver Lining Music. The Tampa band returns with a new album, without frontman David Vincent, and has just premiered the tune "For No Master". You can see if you love it/hate it/something else below.

Forged in the band's rehearsal space, the track reflects the group's efforts to tap into the fury of their live shows. "We wanted to get a live, intense feeling on some of the songs," newly returned bassist/vocalist Steve Tucker says of the track, "and this is definitely a great example of what we set out to achieve."

Kingdoms Disdained, the follow-up to 2011's Illud Divinum Insanus, marks their first record with Steve Tucker in 14 years. "Our new album is definitely heavier, meaner and more death metal," he told us of the new album. "Everybody who was waiting and hoping this would happen, here it is."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Morbid Angel
Posted: 29.11.2017 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 18   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 148 users
29.11.2017 - 20:15
koob

Boring death metal... oh wait, as 99% of the other death metal albums of the past 20 years
29.11.2017 - 20:39
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Forever fuck drum triggers. Literally sounds like he's tapping a pencil on a desk at 300bpm. Vocals are goofy too.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
29.11.2017 - 20:40
Sangre Sani

The sound makes the song less powerful, I think. It's so soft and meatless.
29.11.2017 - 21:13
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
I mean was anybody actually expecting this to be good?
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
29.11.2017 - 22:00
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Auntie Sahar on 29.11.2017 at 21:13
I mean was anybody actually expecting this to be good?

Nah, I think everybody was mostly intrigued by how different it would be compared to the infamous previous album... Then when people finally heard a snip it was like "Ok, it's very different!... oh... It's just regular death. So what now?"

Like an anti-climax, you know?
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
29.11.2017 - 22:51
VIG
Account deleted
What Mr. Doctor said^.

When the first track was released a lot of people were very pleased saying how the new Morbid Angel track is great, but really they were just being fooled because it sounded so different from the last album, and at the end of the day, its just really boring shitty recycled death metal.
29.11.2017 - 23:29
qlacs
"The Quaker"
Written by Boxcar Willy on 29.11.2017 at 20:39

Forever fuck drum triggers. Literally sounds like he's tapping a pencil on a desk at 300bpm. Vocals are goofy too.

Not to jump on their defense, but Scott Fuller is one hell of a drummer so I would not be so sure about that. However the mix is indeed not the best. Some of the drums lost all of their dynamics, the bass is completely buried, and Tucker feels like a backing vocal sometimes with no front end. I thought it was an OK song, nothing really memorable but the guitar sounds reminiscent of Covenant, and I do enjoy some old school death metal.
----
30.11.2017 - 00:07
Darkside Momo
Retired
Song is pretty meh, but not that bad. I'll second what everyone said about the mix - it's really, really horrible.
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
30.11.2017 - 01:16
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Not bad, but the usual slamming death metal. Morbid Angel hasn't made a good album in 20 years, what the hell can we expect? Tucker was right in aspect, that this will not be the same as with the previous album. Instead it will be the usual death metal, although even blander than it was in the past.
30.11.2017 - 09:49
Daniell
_爱情_
Written by Drippy.Hippie on 30.11.2017 at 05:10

They're not the same without Pete Sandoval on the drums and that sucks

Scott Fuller is a great drummer. I've heard the whole new album and he is impressive as hell.
30.11.2017 - 16:41
Big-Al

I think there is a compression issue on the uploaded track. that they've done specifically so people buy the album for proper quality sound.
----

I drink moosepiss
30.11.2017 - 17:03
Darkside Momo
Retired
Written by Big-Al on 30.11.2017 at 16:41

I think there is a compression issue on the uploaded track. that they've done specifically so people buy the album for proper quality sound.

I dunno. Let's hope so, as it can only be better....
----

I am awake"
01.12.2017 - 07:09
Aries Rising

Written by ManiacBlasphemer on 30.11.2017 at 01:16

Not bad, but the usual slamming death metal. Morbid Angel hasn't made a good album in 20 years, what the hell can we expect? Tucker was right in aspect, that this will not be the same as with the previous album. Instead it will be the usual death metal, although even blander than it was in the past.

Gateways to Annihilation begs to differ.
01.12.2017 - 17:33
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Written by Aries Rising on 01.12.2017 at 07:09

Written by ManiacBlasphemer on 30.11.2017 at 01:16

Gateways to Annihilation begs to differ.

Standard death metal with a couple of decent tunes. Far from the brilliant first 3 albums.
01.12.2017 - 22:17
@gent_-_orange

Written by Boxcar Willy on 29.11.2017 at 20:39

Yeah I cant stand that shit, sounds plastic as anything.

Its cool that Tucker is back though, he sounds way better than Vincent did on the previous album but overall this sounds mediocre.
02.12.2017 - 01:42
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by @gent_-_orange on 01.12.2017 at 22:17

but overall this sounds mediocre.

Just like the rest of the album. Okay it is better than Illud, but that isn't hard. This new one is just averageness and mediocrity all over.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

02.12.2017 - 02:59
Darkside Momo
Retired
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 02.12.2017 at 01:42

Just like the rest of the album.

The whole album sounds like this? (like, it's not because it's a promo YouTube upload or something?)
If so, I probably lost all interet in listening to the whole album.
----

I am awake"
03.12.2017 - 02:13
@gent_-_orange

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 02.12.2017 at 01:42

Just like the rest of the album. Okay it is better than Illud, but that isn't hard. This new one is just averageness and mediocrity all over.

Its a shame, but at least Illud is memorable because of how bad it is, this is so average that most will forget about it.

Hits total: 3981 | This month: 6