Metal Storm logo
Lemmy Kilmister - Final Solo Studio Recording Released

Lemmy's final studio recording has surfaced. Before his death in 2015, Motörhead's iconic frontman Lemmy finished what would be his last solo recording, a collaboration with guitarist Chris Declercq. Chris Declercq is a session studio musician, who has worked with many artists throughout his career including Dizzy Reed (Guns N' Roses), Josh Freese (A Perfect Circle), to Blaze Bayley, Paul Di'Anno (Iron Maiden), and many more. Declercq was working on a solo record and managed to land a guest appearance from Lemmy Kilmister, who he'd work with before in the past. This track, "We Are The Ones," which you can listen to below, is Lemmy's final studio performance.

The track is available on iTunes. Declercq is currently working on his debut album with former members of Iron Maiden and Alice Cooper's band, among others.

Source: rollingstone.com
Band profile: Motörhead
Posted: 04.12.2017 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 141 users
04.12.2017 - 13:46
nikarg
staff
Lemmy sums up everything I love about metal. Loud, fun, in your face and a raised middle finger to everything and everyone pretentious.
04.12.2017 - 22:04
sbgmetal
Its still sad to think there wont be a new motorhead album...
05.12.2017 - 09:40
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by sbgmetal on 04.12.2017 at 22:04

There have been plenty of Hendrix albums since his death. Plenty of stuff could end up being taken out of the vault. But then again, based on the quality of Valleys Of Neptune, might be better if it wasn't.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
05.12.2017 - 13:36
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Written by M C Vice on 05.12.2017 at 09:40

There have been plenty of Hendrix albums since his death. Plenty of stuff could end up being taken out of the vault. But then again, based on the quality of Valleys Of Neptune, might be better if it wasn't.

Much of Hendrix's albums released after his death are sub par, most of them made up of unfinished ideas. If anything, I wouldn't like Motorhead's legacy to be tarnished by some greedy record labels who think they can reap some more dollars by releasing songs that were not completed for a good reason. The last albums was decent enough for Lemmy to have made his clean exist in good musical shape.
05.12.2017 - 20:45
nikarg
staff
Written by ManiacBlasphemer on 05.12.2017 at 13:36

Much of Hendrix's albums released after his death are sub par, most of them made up of unfinished ideas. If anything, I wouldn't like Motorhead's legacy to be tarnished by some greedy record labels who think they can reap some more dollars by releasing songs that were not completed for a good reason. The last albums was decent enough for Lemmy to have made his clean exist in good musical shape.

Couldn't agree more.
08.12.2017 - 09:41
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by ManiacBlasphemer on 05.12.2017 at 13:36

Written by M C Vice on 05.12.2017 at 09:40

Much of Hendrix's albums released after his death are sub par, most of them made up of unfinished ideas.

And yet there's still more: http://www.metalstorm.net/events/news_comments.php?news_id=32741
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
08.12.2017 - 16:34
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Written by M C Vice on 08.12.2017 at 09:41

And yet there's still more: http://www.metalstorm.net/events/news_comments.php?news_id=32741

Do people actually buy these albums? It is a mystery to me.

Hits total: 4248 | This month: 8