Metal Storm logo
Bloodbath - Plan To Enter Studio In January

The follow-up to Grand Morbid Funeral released in 2014 by Swedish death metallers Bloodbath might be coming out sooner than you think. According to frontman Nick Holmes, the band has plans to enter studio in January 2018 to record the next album. Bloodbath will also tour in USA and Canada in May 2018.

Nick Holmes told Metal Wani in an interview: "The guys are working on it now, so I think we're looking at recording in the end of January. We're looking at doing it maybe early February. So, yeah, we'll definitely do another album. But we'll see what happens. The guys in Katatonia have been busy touring as well, so they're pretty much winding up now ? I think they're playing Russia next week and then they're finished for the year. So, yeah, at the end of January, I think, we're gonna start now."

He added: "With Bloodbath, we're not gonna do any extensive touring. We've just done seven weeks in Europe with Paradise Lost. We wouldn't do that with Bloodbath. We're doing a short U.S. tour; we're only playing, like, about eight dates in both places. So anything we do with Bloodbath is a short, in-and-out kind of quick couple of gigs. We don't wanna do any long tours with Bloodbath; we wanna keep it quite kind of special in a way. I mean, we only planned on doing 13 shows when we started playing live anyway, and then we ended up doing, like, 30 shows. But it's good fun to do ? meet the guys and do it now and again through the year. But, yeah, we wouldn't do anything that's gonna impact on PL or Katatonia or Opeth for that matter; we just do it in between."

Upcoming shows:

Source: youtube.com
Band profile: Bloodbath
Posted: 04.12.2017 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 91 users
04.12.2017 - 16:25
Kuroboshi

Kewl! Always love me some new Bloodbath. But what does current Bloodbath have to do with Opeth??
04.12.2017 - 16:43
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Kuroboshi on 04.12.2017 at 16:25

But what does current Bloodbath have to do with Opeth??

Martin Axenrot on drums.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

04.12.2017 - 16:47
Kuroboshi

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 04.12.2017 at 16:43

Martin Axenrot on drums.

Thanks! Silly me..
04.12.2017 - 18:09
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
As optimistic as this sounds, I hope they have got whatever created the last album out of their system. It wasn't a bad release by any means, but it was a huge step back.

Axe will no doubt impress as usual, but I'm not so sure in the riff department after losing Sodomizer...Anders is going to have to work twice as hard.
05.12.2017 - 14:22
Hellcult

Seen them at Damnation Festival both Paradise Lost and Bloodbath.
Can't wait for the album!
----
And I see the blade fall down upon the head of lord in heaven
And Darkness falls upon the end of history
While I drink the milk of the Black Goddess and cry over the mankind

Black Moses is my name...
07.12.2017 - 01:47
Opethian

Loved Holmes vocals on Medusa., but GMF was beyond lackluster and I get there are those who enjoyed it, and to them I say 'Cheers!'. I would love to experience a great follow up to 'TFM' and these guys can create such a piece of work if they decide to, which I'm hoping! Best wishes

Hits total: 2312 | This month: 2