Metal Storm logo
The Black Dahlia Murder

24.05.2006 - 15:27
MaritoM@nson
Account deleted
Well i made a topic of this band because they are an awesome band... really hard and well i recently get unhallowed and wow and said wow it's good BUT MIASMA IS BETTER ( when i listen to it i get really crazy .. try a vulgar picture,spite suicide and miasma ofcourse)
i think this is a good good band
so what is your opinion about it?
24.05.2006 - 19:52
ASiema113
I have to disagree with you about Miasma frankly I think Unhallowed has the upper hand and frankly I cant stand Miasma when they lost their drummer was where I feel they lost their touch. But they were really something with their really high tuning on guitars and blastbeats that was when they were in their prime. But not all black metal bands tend to stay uneffected by the record executives so they tend to get more commercialized and the goal in BM is NOT to do that.
----

Written by Guest on 18.01.2008 at 09:05

People are always at their very best when they're dead.
28.05.2006 - 17:47
MaritoM@nson
Account deleted
so if they don't want to be so commercialized why they use all that armors and paints their face==??:necro: I really think that's cool and all but it is really a comercial thing for me..
and the other fact.. i don't think the black dahlia murder is black metal..,death i think..
10.06.2006 - 10:34
ASiema113
Well for one thing the bands that they have played with would suggest that they play BM, another aspect is that they have a tendency not to show up to their shows. Another indication of being BM, as for the paint and spikes or whatever I frankly belive that it adds to the atmosphere, which is why BM band usually tend to have very bad production, recording etc. Also lyrics usually helps the way a band is going but true theres a good chance that they might have been DM although now it has been reduced to something less then listenable(in my opinion) although I have been getting the same feedback from others that I know who listen to them.
----

11.06.2006 - 01:10
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Um, they actually don't wear armor or paint their face. They aren't even close to being black metal.

Well, I also think that Unhallowed kicks the shit out of Miasma. Miasma sounds a little overproduced and it just doesn't flow as well as Unhallowed. Both of those albums kick ass when performed live though.
15.06.2006 - 21:59
ASiema113
@pyroleprechaun: Yea I know that they don't although they seem to have a habit of not showing up but compared to other bands like Dark Funeral they have no relation to the BM genre, but I bet they are great live just gotta catch a show that they will actually play last time I had a hope it was bullshit that they weren't going to show and I had doubts that they weren't going to show which I was right about and instead Throwdown played. And I was that close to seeing BDM and they cancel the day before Throwdown is nothing compared to them new or old. Although I must say the new stuff will never surpass their old the way that BDM is going. Well, at least their's Unhallowed.
----

15.06.2006 - 22:34
Nokkkkkkkkkkkkk
Account deleted
I like Unhallowed.

But not that much.

They're not heavy enough to make up for not being interesting.
16.06.2006 - 01:20
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by ASiema113 on 15.06.2006 at 21:59

@pyroleprechaun: Yea I know that they don't although they seem to have a habit of not showing up but compared to other bands like Dark Funeral they have no relation to the BM genre, but I bet they are great live just gotta catch a show that they will actually play last time I had a hope it was bullshit that they weren't going to show and I had doubts that they weren't going to show which I was right about and instead Throwdown played. And I was that close to seeing BDM and they cancel the day before Throwdown is nothing compared to them new or old. Although I must say the new stuff will never surpass their old the way that BDM is going. Well, at least their's Unhallowed.

Man, that sucks. I'd be pissed if Throwdown took BDM's place.
18.06.2006 - 09:05
ASiema113
Written by Guest on 15.06.2006 at 22:34

I like Unhallowed.

But not that much.

They're not heavy enough to make up for not being interesting.

Yea but before I got into DM & BM it was the heaviest thing I had to listen to. Still enjoy it though it helps to be into more then one thing b/c you can feed all your interests. At leasts that's how I see it but "to each man his own."
----

22.06.2006 - 01:33
SepulchralOath
Account deleted
Written by Dangerboner on 16.06.2006 at 01:20

Written by ASiema113 on 15.06.2006 at 21:59

Man, that sucks. I'd be pissed if Throwdown took BDM's place.

Haha. Good call, because Throwdown sucks.

Im not really a huge fan of BDM, as their music seems to be pretty much made up of recycled At the Gates riffs. That's just my preference though.
22.06.2006 - 01:33
SepulchralOath
Account deleted
Adding on to that, the vocals are sometimes really hard for me to tolerate.
22.06.2006 - 01:36
MaritoM@nson
Account deleted
hahahaha yeah Throwdown sucks hard... but they have some song for have a good mosh
22.06.2006 - 03:29
ASiema113
Well at least we all agree on something, Throwdown sucks balls and even if BDM ain't that great their definatly superior to Throwdown.
----

22.06.2006 - 07:16
MaritoM@nson
Account deleted
of course they are superior dude, well i was listening some throwdown songs... and well i really hate them ... but i'm still thinking is a good music for mosh.
09.07.2006 - 09:59
Throne of Rats
TBDM well I have their Masima album and to be honest there is only one good song on it and that is A Vulgar Picture and after a while that starts to gets boring, but thats just my opinion I think they are a hardcore band with Black/Death vocals.
----
Burning Crosses, Invoke the Powers, Rape the Crown, Hell Awaits!!
10.07.2006 - 03:17
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Check out Unhallowed. It's more brutal and it's faster.
10.07.2006 - 12:31
Throne of Rats
Written by Dangerboner on 10.07.2006 at 03:17

Check out Unhallowed. It's more brutal and it's faster.

Will do.
----
Burning Crosses, Invoke the Powers, Rape the Crown, Hell Awaits!!
20.07.2006 - 18:40
TheSlaughter
Account deleted
Whooaaaa! TBDM is NOT black metal! They are Melodic Death with hints of Metalcore.

Unhallowed: Pure At the Gates worship with dual vocals. Very amazing though.
Miasma: Heavier and Faster, less melodic, still good.

Miasma has shitty lyrics though... really... really bad. Unhallowed sings of Cthulhu, Disease, Death, Cosmic Terrors, etc. Misma is just angsty teen lyrics.

They are both good

9/10 Unhallowed
8/10 Miasma
20.07.2006 - 19:36
Konrad
Mormon Storm
I think sometimes this band gets a bad rap, because they're stuck in between the Hardcore and Metal Crowds. It's not because they sound hardcore, it's because they play with bands like throwdown. Throwdown 5 years ago, before the whole Trustkill bullshit was actually a good Hardcore band. Now they're worse than terrible. The same goes with pretty much every band on Trustkill, other than First Blood perhaps, and the ALMIGHTY Most Precious Blood...formerly INDECISION. But we're not talking about hardcore here...

Unhallowed kicks ass. It's not anything crazy or complex...but it's fast, fun and has some really good melody and rhythm changes. The singer is awesome as well, with his two voices he switches back and forth. Miasma I can do without. I listened to it once, and will probably never listen to it again. I could care less about the actual lyrical content of either cd, because it's not thought provocative neither serious. So I'm not even going to base it off that. The point is, this band was ONCE good...now it seems they're disliked by both hardcore and metal fans alike, an deservedly so for putting out something like Miasma. As for Unhallowed, this will always be a fun cd to put on and jump around to..
----
Brujerizmo!
21.07.2006 - 03:11
Endoftherainbow
The Black Dahlia Murder are pretty good band but the only album I like by them is Miasma. That album to me sounds alot more like Death Metal then Metalcore which is why I like it. It also has more solos although they aren't that good to me that's another thing that puts it a step above there other albums. Also I prefer this album over the others because they finally had an album with good production. About Unhallowed being more brutal and faster I would have to disagree to me it sounds more like metalcore then it does death metal.
21.07.2006 - 04:30
Megadeth88
The Black Dahlia Murder is a great death metal band. So what if there biggest influence is At The Gates? They still kick some serious ass. And I'm gonna disagree with you all about "Unhallowed" being better than "Miasma". Miasma just had that serious balls to the wall metal type of thing. While Unhallowed just seemed somewhat boring to me. Don't get me wrong the album kicks ass but it's nothing compared to "Misasma". And I'd really like to see these guys live.
22.07.2006 - 09:36
Robstar
I must disagree with you too , I hate this band!
I just don't like them , I just don't
Sorry dude!

copycat!
----
Nothing is unreacheable
24.07.2006 - 04:44
Herzebeth
Written by Guest on 24.05.2006 at 15:27

Well i made a topic of this band because they are an awesome band... really hard and well i recently get unhallowed and wow and said wow it's good BUT MIASMA IS BETTER ( when i listen to it i get really crazy .. try a vulgar picture,spite suicide and miasma ofcourse)

Yeah well...I wrote a review for unhallowed..that CD is fucking awful, this Black Dahlia Murder guys got in my nerves for being as stupid as day is long, their music is really monotonous and simplistic in the wrong way... meh..I think TBDM's music, albums and members are really fuckin' gay
----
24.07.2006 - 08:23
Sepulchral Oath
Account deleted
Written by Herzebeth on 24.07.2006 at 04:44

Written by Guest on 24.05.2006 at 15:27

Yeah well...I wrote a review for unhallowed..that CD is fucking awful, this Black Dahlia Murder guys got in my nerves for being as stupid as day is long, their music is really monotonous and simplistic in the wrong way... meh..I think TBDM's music, albums and members are really fuckin' gay

That review was classic. It was dead-on and made me laugh for a good while.
25.07.2006 - 17:13
MaritoM@nson
Account deleted
yeah me too .. somebody can made a review of that cd about roadrunner united well i just get that and well they have some good songs...
27.07.2006 - 21:58
m3talxh3art
Account deleted
yeah, they do have a few god songs...but that's all that's good about them
24.09.2006 - 20:36
Remus
Written by Guest on 20.07.2006 at 18:40

They are Melodic Death with hints of Metalcore.

Actually, they have quite a lot of metalcore riffs but the blasting and vocals make up for it. So Unhallowed's drummer is even better than Miasma's? Better get that one then. All in all i like these guyz.
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
24.09.2006 - 21:42
TheSlaughter
Account deleted
Written by Remus on 24.09.2006 at 20:36

Written by Guest on 20.07.2006 at 18:40

They are Melodic Death with hints of Metalcore.

Actually, they have quite a lot of metalcore riffs but the blasting and vocals make up for it. So Unhallowed's drummer is even better than Miasma's? Better get that one then. All in all i like these guyz.

They go through like 10000 drummers a week because they are assholes to their members (mainly their singer, who has a sweet voice, but is a douche). Miasma has a MUCH better drummer, but the riffs arent as catchy. Miasma has better production and drums, Unhallowed has better/catchier riffs. They are both very good CDs... I dont know who said "Miasma upset Metal and Hardcore fans alike" but I cant say I personally know any Metalheads who hate them... and when they played at SOunds of the Underground 2 the room was absolutely packed and everyone was going insane, whereas most people stood around for say... Cannibal Corpse, even if they are much bigger and more agressive.
18.10.2006 - 04:37
lordconrad
Account deleted
both albums are great in their own stile,tbdm its a melodic death metal band who's better known for playing shows with alot of hardcore metalcore bands.That;s the reason why almost every serious metalhead hates them because they think that for playing with those bands and having some core influences they suck.I think tbdm are a great band and i like all their stuff like what a horrible night to have a curse,a cold blooded epitaph,unhollowed and miasma.they have evolved since their first album and you may nottice that proggresion on the complexity of the new album.
15.12.2006 - 07:59
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
I have listened to their 'Unhallowed'.
They have great melody, and unique, continuous vocals. Is their music melodic death metal or blackened death metal?
----
that which shines without names and forms...