Metal Storm logo
Hellfest Open Air Festival 2018 - Full Lineup Announced

Yesterday, the Hellfest Open Air festival announced its full lineup for the 2018 edition. The headliners are none other than Iron Maiden, Judas Priest and Avenged Sevenfold. Other big names include Nightwish, Megadeth, Marilyn Manson, Deftones, Children Of Bodom, Satyricon, Corrosion Of Conformity, Accept, Enslaved, Watain, Steven Wilson, At The Gates, Exodus, Neurosis and many more. Mark your calendars for 22-24 June 2018 in Clisson, France and check out the line-up below.

All 3-day festival passes are sold out.

Source: facebook.com
Event: Hellfest Open Air 2018
Posted: 14.12.2017 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   Visited by: 95 users
14.12.2017 - 14:01
Darkside Momo
Retired
After a lackluster 2017 bill, this one's pretty rad!
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
14.12.2017 - 16:02
VIG
Account deleted
Fucking lit line-up

I got to start with something small in my area, maybe a Maryland Death Fest, before I can go to these amazing European festivals. But I love 90% of the bands here.
14.12.2017 - 19:44
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by Darkside Momo on 14.12.2017 at 14:01

Pretty interesting indeed. The range of Hellfest though, between the underground and mainstream bands and the more mellow and extreme ones, is always what really gets a chuckle out of me. I mean between the top and bottom sections of this flyer here, it's like you're looking at two different festivals targeting two similar yet very different demographics
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
14.12.2017 - 20:57
Darkside Momo
Retired
Written by Auntie Sahar on 14.12.2017 at 19:44

Pretty interesting indeed. The range of Hellfest though, between the underground and mainstream bands and the more mellow and extreme ones, is always what really gets a chuckle out of me. I mean between the top and bottom sections of this flyer here, it's like you're looking at two different festivals targeting two similar yet very different demographics

it sure shows in the audience. Some (average joe and family) come only for mainstage big names, and punk & core rarely leave the Warzone (their dedicated stage)...
----

I am awake"
15.12.2017 - 00:58
Vombatus
Potorro
Gotta say this looks like the best line-up since the 2014 edition! Altar/Temple/Valley stages are damn impressive!

Since I'm not going, I find solace knowing that most of the good stuff will probably play during the morning/early afternoon, in a packed as fuck tent and with a mediocre sound for half an hour (in typical HF style). So not missing much
15.12.2017 - 22:45
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Written by Darkside Momo on 14.12.2017 at 20:57

Written by Auntie Sahar on 14.12.2017 at 19:44

it sure shows in the audience. Some (average joe and family) come only for mainstage big names, and punk & core rarely leave the Warzone (their dedicated stage)...

To be fair, i rarely left the Extreme Metal tent in 2014.
16.12.2017 - 00:29
Darkside Momo
Retired
Written by Dark Cornatus on 15.12.2017 at 22:45

I can understand, but I usually find some stuff for me on every stage... with usually more under the black / death tents tbh
----

I am awake"
16.12.2017 - 02:07
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Written by Darkside Momo on 16.12.2017 at 00:29

Written by Dark Cornatus on 15.12.2017 at 22:45

I can understand, but I usually find some stuff for me on every stage... with usually more under the black / death tents tbh

To be honest, i didn't have much luck with clashes that year. Most bands i wanted to see on different stages clashed with ones i wanted to see in the extreme tent. Then there were huge gaps with bands i wasn't interested in. Was disappointed with the Stoner/Doom tent - only had like one or two bands i wanted to see. Saw maybe 3 or so bands at the main stages.
16.12.2017 - 02:29
Darkside Momo
Retired
Written by Dark Cornatus on 16.12.2017 at 02:07

To be honest, i didn't have much luck with clashes that year. Most bands i wanted to see on different stages clashed with ones i wanted to see in the extreme tent. Then there were huge gaps with bands i wasn't interested in. Was disappointed with the Stoner/Doom tent - only had like one or two bands i wanted to see. Saw maybe 3 or so bands at the main stages.

clashes have always been one of my main problems. To think Ben Barbaud (HF main man) once wanted to have TEN different stages...
As for mainstages, valley (stoner / doom) and warzone (punk / hardcore), it really depends of the year for me. Spent a lot of time in 2016 on the warzone while I'm not even sure I saw a full set there in 2014
----

I am awake"

Hits total: 6155 | This month: 3