Metal Storm logo
Katatonia - Going On Short Hiatus, To Re-Evaluate Future

Following their re-scheduled dates for the Baltics and Russia in February/March, due to recent issues and injury, these dates will mark the end of the touring cycle for Katatonia's current album, The Fall Of Hearts. According to the Swedish band, after much deliberation they have decided to put Katatonia on a short-term hiatus and their future seems uncertain.

They said: "We need to take some time out to re-evaluate what the future holds for the band. Unfortunately this will affect the live dates in Norway, Germany, Spain and Poland, and we are deeply sorry for any inconvenience caused."

Fans are now left to speculate about what could happen to the band.

Source: katatonia.com
Band profile: Katatonia
Posted: 16.12.2017 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 21   Visited by: 287 users
16.12.2017 - 14:48
Lanthros

I hope its not the end.
16.12.2017 - 16:45
Sentenced Odiin
gothic.moorion@gmail.com
I guess the show at Dark Easter Metal Meeting in Munich is cancelled.
----
Life has given me much, maybe taken more...
16.12.2017 - 20:32
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Re-Evaluate and disband.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
16.12.2017 - 21:05
Opethian

After 'Great Cold Distance' simply just not the same. Sure, Night is the new Day had some solid material, but they just fell off the metal wagon and turned into another snoozefest for me, personally.
17.12.2017 - 00:48
MetalManic

Written by Opethian on 16.12.2017 at 21:05

After 'Great Cold Distance' simply just not the same. Sure, Night is the new Day had some solid material, but they just fell off the metal wagon and turned into another snoozefest for me, personally.
Funny this. When TGCD came out, opinions on MS were similar to yours Re: TGCD
17.12.2017 - 01:04
phanto

Anders should return to making Diabolical Masquerade
17.12.2017 - 01:59
Opethian

Written by MetalManic on 17.12.2017 at 00:48

Written by Opethian on 16.12.2017 at 21:05

Funny this. When TGCD came out, opinions on MS were similar to yours Re: TGCD

Don't get me wrong, I love their early offerings, but they mellowed out too hard.
17.12.2017 - 02:35
JayMo4

IMO they've been kind of spinning their wheels creatively for the past couple records. Maybe a band can only reinvent themselves so many times. To their credit, they've done it multiple times successfully.

Hopefully the individual members of the band go on to do something rewarding and the indecision on what to do with the band doesn't reflect a larger loss of passion for creating and performing in general.
17.12.2017 - 10:54
dp2412@aol.com

Fall of Hearts - one of their best in my opinion. Saw them live this year again and they were breathtaking. Hope they come back even stronger!
17.12.2017 - 11:37
BloodTears
ANA-thema
There was nothing wrong with The Fall Of Hearts, as far as I'm concerned. It was a step in the right direction.

Maybe there's something going on within the band.

I feel like Katatonia will continue to grow. They've always made changes to their sound.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
17.12.2017 - 17:11
God Alone

I saw it coming. The Fall of Hearts sounded a bit like a farewell, kind of, sort of. Listened to it thousands of times and its lyrics always gave me that impression. It also helped me through the hardest year of my life and quickly became my favourite of theirs.
Come back soon guys. I'll be waiting.
17.12.2017 - 17:52
Wiseman's Fear

I hope they won't break up I discovered them with The Fall of Hearts, which I like very much. I also haven't had the chance to see them live, and I would love to do so.
17.12.2017 - 19:47
Enemy of Reality
Account deleted
The Fall Of Hearts is imo one of their absolute best moments. I hope the hiatus will be short.
17.12.2017 - 21:37
X-FrEaK

Although I liked Dead End Kings more than The Fall of Hearts, I have never lost hope in anything they release. It's a shame if they breakup, since it was one of the first bands that introduced me to metal, and have been making me company ever since.
----
17.12.2017 - 21:39
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by BloodTears on 17.12.2017 at 11:37

There was nothing wrong with The Fall Of Hearts, as far as I'm concerned. It was a step in the right direction.

I feel like Katatonia will continue to grow. They've always made changes to their sound.

Definitely their best since TGCD, I was really hoping they'd keep pushing in that more progressive direction...I hope it's not the end
18.12.2017 - 01:36
IBlackened

Considering the last thing they released that grabbed my attention was in 2006, I'm not really sad about it.
----
Their old stuff is better.
18.12.2017 - 12:21
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by LeKiwi on 17.12.2017 at 21:39

Written by BloodTears on 17.12.2017 at 11:37

Definitely their best since TGCD, I was really hoping they'd keep pushing in that more progressive direction...I hope it's not the end

Yeah, we're in limbo right now. It's not a great place to be. It was probably their best since TGCD and they did progressive very well I even saw their show in Lisbon for this tour and had fun. They did seem a bit robotic so to speak though.

So, maybe the mood in the band is not the best or in the end it was just an injury and all will be well.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
28.12.2017 - 01:06
Argônio

Discouraged ones was my favourite album so far, but then The Fall of Hearts came and I was surprised how I loved it, how unique and creative it sounds. I hope they will find the right direction and get their good mood again. I hope will see them soon!
01.01.2018 - 17:14
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
I hope it's not the end personally, I've really enjoyed their work and even got to meet them when they were touring for Dead End Kings (seen them live 3 times). The Fall of Hearts has become one of my favorite Katatonia albums to date. Good luck to them regardless of what happens though.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
04.01.2018 - 07:30
a MasT

Worst possible news
24.01.2018 - 10:28
Velvet Thorns

TOtally agree!

Written by phanto on 17.12.2017 at 01:04

Anders should return to making Diabolical Masquerade
----
restless oblivion forever

Hits total: 6116 | This month: 2