Metal Storm logo
As I Lay Dying - Tim Lambesis Apologizes In New Statement

As I Lay Dying's vocalist and founding member Tim Lambesis has broken the silence and released a lengthy statement apologizing for his actions. Lambesis made the news a few years ago and spent two years in prison after he pled guilty to a charge of solicitation of another to commit murder. He attempted to hire an undercover cop posing as a hitman at the time to murder his then wife, Meggan Lambesis, back in 2013. Speaking for the first time since his release from prison in December 2016, Tim Lambesis took to the band's Facebook page to express his remorse.

Full statement: "Words cannot begin to express how deeply sorry I am for the hurt that I have caused. There is no defense for what I did, and I look back on the person I became with as much disdain as many of you likely do. First, I apologize to my former wife and remarkable children for my appalling actions. There's not a single day that goes by where I don't wish I could undo the damage I caused, and out of respect for their wishes I will not discuss anything else about them (now or in the future). I also ask anyone reading this to promote healing for them by respecting their privacy and defending them from any negativity or anger which should be directed towards me. I was the sole offender and the only one to blame for everything that happened.

"To my family, I apologize for the trauma you faced and may still feel. This is an ongoing sentence many of you serve because of me. I am so sorry to my friends who were betrayed by everything I hid from them and all the hardships I caused people who used to work with me. Band mates, road crew, managers, attorneys, agents, label people, and more all had to suffer through many unexpected changes because of my actions. While they were dealing with the aftermath of my arrest, I responded toward many of them with bitterness that I should have directed toward myself. I know that I can't undo the animosity I brought their way, but I hope to mend what I can now as time goes on.

"To the people who looked up to me as an artist, I let you down in so many ways. I tried to show my best side to the public, while feeding an ugly growing monster behind closed doors. I wrote lyrics about the person I wanted to be rather than the person that I was. I was living a life that lacked empathy and viewed everything through a self-motivated lens. I cannot say for certain what life looks like going forward as so much is different now and I'm still learning. Music always has and always will be a part of me, and has helped me get through the darkest parts of my journey. However, this apology is not a part of promoting anything. Rumors circulate, and that's something I've learned to accept, but this apology is just that, an apology to everyone around me.

"I've remained silent to the public since expressing remorse at my sentencing because time seemed like the best way to promote healing. Today marks the first opportunity to freely apologize without any motivation to gain favor from the courts, as I have now completed the entirety of my legal sentence (including the completion of all parole/probation requirements). Let it be clear that no amount of time served can right my wrongs. I do not feel deserving of a second chance and am not asking for anyone's trust. The way many people feel about me makes sense, and only time will tell if my future actions line up with my remorse, something I pray for every day. In the last five years, the ripple effect of all my actions has extended further than a written statement can address. Thus, I will continue to apologize in both words and actions moving forward. Thank you for reading, Tim.
"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: As I Lay Dying
Posted: 18.12.2017 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 20   Visited by: 175 users
18.12.2017 - 16:26
Lanthros

Firstly kudos for a mature statement. Second, i have to ask, how in the hell are so many people so stupid as to go about this kind of thing in a way that you would end up soliciting an undercover agent to do this? I mean are people really dumb enough to call the numbers in ads about murder for higher?
18.12.2017 - 16:54
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Lanthros on 18.12.2017 at 16:26

Firstly kudos for a mature statement. Second, i have to ask, how in the hell are so many people so stupid as to go about this kind of thing in a way that you would end up soliciting an undercover agent to do this? I mean are people really dumb enough to call the numbers in ads about murder for higher?

Hot looking hitmen willingly looking up for some murdering business in your area! Completely free!
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
18.12.2017 - 17:52
Lanthros

Written by Karlabos on 18.12.2017 at 16:54

Written by Lanthros on 18.12.2017 at 16:26

Hot looking hitmen willingly looking up for some murdering business in your area! Completely free!

lMfao
18.12.2017 - 18:51
Arrwyn

I would love to go to one of his future concerts with a sign that says, "show us your tits! You're a free woman now!"
18.12.2017 - 19:00
First of all, who the fuck cares about a christian metal band 😂😂

Secondly, why does MetalStorm even bother sharing this as news? Come on!!
----
"Everyday is 'bash in a pretentious priviliged hipster brat's head' day. Cure our societies - kick out the trendvictimized vermin from our beloved decadent cities!"
18.12.2017 - 20:47
tibosax

Written by AntiHipster666 on 18.12.2017 at 19:00

Guess you'll have to write your own news seing how you're so concerned about them.
18.12.2017 - 21:29
Andreas

You do, apparently.

ON: good for the guy. I don't think that things can ever become good again, but this was a necessary step nonetheless.
18.12.2017 - 23:12
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook

Coming from "AntiHipster666". Cringefest.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
19.12.2017 - 00:40
kaiserphoenix

Im really glad Tim said this and cleared the air. AILD was one of my favorites and i was so bummed to hear about everything that happened. I hope AILD does reform and they can forgive him because even though this was a big mistake, Tim was on a lot of steroids (which isn't an excuse) and the music they made was fantastic. Even if no one else agrees Tim deserves a second chance in my book.
19.12.2017 - 00:41
kaiserphoenix

they're barely a christian metal band. they've stated many times that they are more of a metal band that just happens to have all christian members
19.12.2017 - 00:54
Opethian

When he is released, best thing he can do is start new, stay out of the public without a doubt and move forwards. I never cared for their music, but shit happens I suppose. Glad it was an undercover hit man instead of a real hit man that could have murdered his wife at the time. I bet that changed her life in a lot of ways. Having to trust again won't be an easy thing for her. All the best
19.12.2017 - 03:44
mikeprado30

That's the best attitude in search for a new beginning I feel happy about Tim. I pray he gets success in his restoration into the society.
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
19.12.2017 - 05:16
UPDIRNS

Dudes an idiot and what if he succeeded and had his wife killed. What next. He is a piece of shit. I really like AILD and I still listen to their music because they were a talented act. He was a great metal core vocalist too. I would not support him, it's not like he stole from someone and regrets it. He tried to have his fucking wife murdered and he has kids with her to boot. Fuck you Lambasts you don;t deserve to be alive in my book. If you were smart you would have just divorced her. Dumbass!!
19.12.2017 - 12:19
The Melting Snow

Rarely heard such an open and mature apology..
19.12.2017 - 16:20
Pitwulf93

Written by UPDIRNS on 19.12.2017 at 05:16

Dudes an idiot and what if he succeeded and had his wife killed. What next. He is a piece of shit. I really like AILD and I still listen to their music because they were a talented act. He was a great metal core vocalist too. I would not support him, it's not like he stole from someone and regrets it. He tried to have his fucking wife murdered and he has kids with her to boot. Fuck you Lambasts you don;t deserve to be alive in my book. If you were smart you would have just divorced her. Dumbass!!

So you believe in the death penalty and not in second chances at life and trying to become a better person?
21.12.2017 - 02:16
UPDIRNS

Death Penalty absolutely. 2nd chances for some things, but for atrocious acts and attempts at murder no I don't. If you kill someone in premeditated cold blood you deserve to die. If you attempt to kill someone, again premeditated, you may not deserve to die, but you don't deserve a second chance IMO. Disagree with me that's cool. I'm all about accepting other peoples beliefs, but these are mine and I feel very strongly about them.
21.12.2017 - 02:17
UPDIRNS

Any I know I said he doesn't deserve to be alive. That may have been a little harsh, but only a little.
21.12.2017 - 03:59
Arrwyn

Written by UPDIRNS on 21.12.2017 at 02:17

Any I know I said he doesn't deserve to be alive. That may have been a little harsh, but only a little.

If you actually research other counties, like Norway, they have a rehabilitation facility treatment as opposed to just ending it. We're all human beings capable of achieving new perspectives. =/
21.12.2017 - 14:57
ScottyM

I too have to go against the grain on this one. He actually tried to hire an assassin to murder his wife! First off, who does that? And secondly, imagine what would have happened if he succeeded. We'll all be sympathizing for an abusive roid-raging man who actually had his wife murdered in cold blood, not knowing that he was behind it all along. Now she has to live in fear knowing that he's free and out in the wild? What's to say he won't try again? It would have been better for him to just keep quiet and fall into obscurity over the following years/decades. Instead, he took the time to remind us with his apology that a monster is loose.

I doubt his ex-wife will ever be the same after this. Just imagine living a life where your husband tried to assassinate you via a hitman. That's completely terrifying, and now he's free after just 2 years? Oh, and this is America, so there is no rehabilitation in prison. We take the juvenile approach to rehabilitation and sit you in a corner for years until you've learned your lesson. Sad to say it, but I doubt this is the last we'll hear of him.
21.12.2017 - 16:06
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
I do not believe in criminal rehabilitation when the case is heavy like murder or like when a drug addict is arrested. Drug addicts never get completely absent and once a bandit always a bandit.
But that was not the case here. Nobody died and the hitman didn't even attempt the job (because it wasn't a hitman after all) so in this case I believe he can restart again. Something would have changed on him if the murder was actually conceived but since it wasn't...
Also for people saying a guy who hires a hitman should be condemned to death: Well, the HITMAN should be, yes,. But if you stop to think the hirer actually don't even do a thing in these cases... It's like a dare: "Yo, bro. I dare you to go ahead and kill that man" then the bro takes it seriously and actually does it. Who's the wrong guy? The second one, of course.
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei

Hits total: 3471 | This month: 3