Metal Storm logo
New Album Recommendations 2018

Original post

Posted by 3rdWorld, 05.01.2018 - 19:27
You know the drill, post any metal album released/upcoming in 2018 that you listened, found worthy and want to recommend to others.

UK one-man black metal with a heavy wall-of-noise production. Its on Sentient Ruin, so guaranteed to deliver.

Vessel Of Iniquity - Vessel Of Iniquity

02.12.2018 - 02:19
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Written by InnerSelf on 01.12.2018 at 13:29

And on top of that, it has one of the most impressive mixes of the year.

And the damn guys sound even better live, they opened for Bölzer here and Okoi was watching the band right next to me absolutely in awe. Thankfully I live in their same city and I can see their shows a lot.
03.12.2018 - 02:23
tominator
At best deranged
Contributor
Stoner/doom metal from France. Strong album that keeps you engaged from start to finish. Really enjoyed the vocals and the powerful sound of the drums and guitars.
06.12.2018 - 10:19
bigso11
http://2019calendarprintable.info

http://getfaxcoversheet.com

http://getbillofsale.com

http://koditvinfo.com/golden-age-kodi-addon/
06.12.2018 - 12:29
Mercurial
Very cool EP comprised of members of Insect Warfare and Ocean of Slumber. Riffy and melodic black metal.

Necrofire
11.12.2018 - 02:44
tominator
At best deranged
Contributor
Post-metal from Germany. All tracks are instrumental except for the last one. Really solid and enjoyable album imo.

12.12.2018 - 12:41
Mercurial
Rather good slab of modern black metal (and another band with "void" in the name)

Voidescent
12.12.2018 - 12:52
LuciferOfGayness
Account deleted
Written by 3rdWorld on 06.11.2018 at 15:50

First full length from Adaestuo.

[/center]

This is quite nice imo. Its slightly dissonant second wave bm with female vocals not the cheesy type. I havent decided if the ritualistic elements here are good or if it makes the album worse.
13.12.2018 - 02:24
tominator
At best deranged
Contributor
A quite nice psychedelic metal/acid rock record. It has some organ touches throughout the record which I really liked.
16.12.2018 - 00:22
Vombatus
Potorro
French doing what they do best: Black Metal
Seriously good riffs here.

The demo that was released before is almost better. What an instrumental.

16.12.2018 - 02:16
tominator
At best deranged
Contributor
Some really solid heavy metal from the USA. I think this is their debut album. Has some enjoyable riffs throughout the whole record and the production has an old-school vibe. Definitely worth checking out if you enjoy classic sounding heavy metal.
17.12.2018 - 02:23
tominator
At best deranged
Contributor
The second Runelord record this year. I heard these albums are made on order. Basically a fan wrote a bunch of lyrics for songs and asked the creator of the Blazon Stone, Breitenhold and Rocka Rollas (Ced) to make albums out of them. So Ced naturally made another project... Runelord.

Really like both records though after my first listen of this one, I think the first one is a bit more memorable. That said this is still a very good heavy metal record. Something fans of old Manowar will most likely enjoy.

17.12.2018 - 17:09
Mercurial
Razor-sharp, technical grind / death. Like licking salt off a knife.

Kataplexis
19.12.2018 - 15:58
Mercurial
This seems good. From Sweden, black metal with perhaps some hardcore and post influence, but doesn't skimp on the atmospherics despite being visceral and organic.

Adora Nocturna
19.12.2018 - 21:36
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
My buddies just dropped this Post/hardcore/sludge boy a few days ago. I'm still sore from the release show.

https://femurtheband.bandcamp.com/album/red-marks

----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
20.12.2018 - 02:14
tominator
At best deranged
Contributor
This is a really fun one. Describing what genre it is, is pretty difficult actually. A mix of psychedelic rock, hard rock, funk and jazz. I can't help but smile when I listen to this album, it has such a nice energy to it. Highly recommend it!
24.12.2018 - 14:42
Mercurial
Absolutely awesome "raw," sprawling, ostensibly psychedelic black metal. One of those band types I love that just says fuck you to the conventions of black metal and riffs into whichever direction it fancies going. Absolutely for fans of Black Twilight Circle's approach to black metal.

Ab Imo Pectore
26.12.2018 - 17:26
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Acathexis just released their debut album, atmo-black project by Déhá Amsg with members from Mare Cognitum and Downfall Of Nur. First listen and I love it already.

27.12.2018 - 13:36
Mercurial
^ Yeah it's Fallen Empire blowout week:

Lubbert Das in particular should be good:

Lubbert Das

And these guys of course:

Guðveiki

These too I would imagine:

Serpent Column

Death Fortress

Some very effecitve drone sludge with occasional hellish shriek. Fucking LOVE that artwork.

Death Carrier

And yet more thoroughly excellent, eerie and ominous black metal. Too much choice.

Délirant
30.12.2018 - 02:33
Vombatus
Potorro
Written by Mercurial on 27.12.2018 at 13:36

Lubbert Das in particular should be good:

Lubbert Das

Been listening the new Lubbert Das for the last couple of days and thought it to be excellent, and naturally was going to post it here. Good thing you listen absolutely everything that is published on Bandcamp and did so before me

I don't have to search for new music when I can't keep up with your posts
30.12.2018 - 03:17
Mercurial
Written by Vombatus on 30.12.2018 at 02:33

Been listening the new Lubbert Das for the last couple of days and thought it to be excellent, and naturally was going to post it here. Good thing you listen absolutely everything that is published on Bandcamp and did so before me

I don't have to search for new music when I can't keep up with your posts

Haha, tbh I wasn't sure anyone really listened to the stuff that's posted on here but glad to hear a reason for me to keep doing so
30.12.2018 - 18:57
Unhealer
Eclecticist
^ Lubbert Das is definitely the best among those, great stuff. I'm all in for black metal bands that do not sing in English lately.
30.12.2018 - 21:30
Unhealer
Eclecticist
I don't remember if this was posted here at some point, but I just realized this gets into my top 10 this year and is probably the best 2018 debut for me. It's post-black and it's groovy, and that's pretty much all I need.

14.01.2019 - 04:23
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Boxcar Willy on 19.12.2018 at 21:36

My buddies just dropped this Post/hardcore/sludge boy a few days ago. I'm still sore from the release show.

https://femurtheband.bandcamp.com/album/red-marks

Hey Dorks, listen to this.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
01.02.2019 - 20:04
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Not as great as its predecessor, but this is the band formed by the bassist and Guitarist/Vocalist of the legendary Flourishing, the band so forward-thinking it made Ulcerate sound Pedestrian.

Aeviterne

25.05.2019 - 10:58
eastrohighs
Written by tominator on 13.12.2018 at 02:24

A quite nice psychedelic metal/acid rock record. It has some organ touches throughout the record which I really liked.

very right its really soothing to listen. Nice one
25.05.2019 - 19:42
tominator
At best deranged
Contributor
Written by eastrohighs on 25.05.2019 at 10:58

very right its really soothing to listen. Nice one

Nice to hear that you liked it.
14.06.2019 - 15:28
Tehrin
Steampunk metal band "Dallian".
An interesting combination between metal and the aesthetics of steampunk

29.06.2021 - 19:07
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Written by Vombatus on 16.12.2018 at 00:22

French doing what they do best: Black Metal
Seriously good riffs here.

The demo that was released before is almost better. What an instrumental.

Yeah great band. Make sure to also check the guy's other band Caverne, the best BM album from last year.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
02.08.2021 - 21:37
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Holy shit, this is the truest thing I've ever listened to: black metal/hip hop sang in Russian
Can't believe I missed this gem in 2018.

----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei