Metal Storm logo
Decapitated - All Charges Against The Band Have Formally Been Dropped

Prosecutors have elected to drop rape and kidnapping charges against all four members of the Polish death metal band Decapitated, ensuring their eventual return to their home country of Poland after months of detainment in the United States.

The band made the following statement on their Facebook account:

All charges against Decapitated have formally been dropped. Arrested September 8 in Santa Ana whilst on tour, the members of the band were jailed until December where they were released on their own recognizance.

New evidence arose that helped show that the band was innocent. While a trial would have given the band the opportunity to have all this evidence heard, the band welcome the decision and are excited to return back to their homes in Poland.

The members of Decapitated - Wacław, Rafal, Michał and Hubert - send a sincere and heartfelt thanks to all who supported them during this difficult time, including fans, friends, and family.

According to the The Spokane Review article just 11 days before their Jan. 16 trial date, Spokane County prosecutor Kelly Fitzgerald filed a motion dropping all rape and kidnapping charges without prejudice, meaning the four men could be prosecuted in the future. The motion cites "the well being of the victim" and "in the interest of justice" as a reason for dismissal.

The band's attorneys said news of the dismissal was surreal, but expected. Steve Graham, representing Kieltyka, said that, while he can only speak for his client, "everyone is relieved and they're looking to get back home."

Jeffry Finer, attorney for Piotrowsk, said the accuser was heavily involved in the decision to drop charges. He said attorneys were confident prosecution would drop charges once they had all of the evidence from defense witnesses, which included scores of concert goers. "A close review of the evidence is all it took," he said. "We are not criticizing the county for moving slow. It just took a long time to get all of the evidence, all of the witnesses, and there were so many witnesses."

Attorneys for the four accused have consistently argued their client's innocence. While he wouldn't divulge the state's reasoning for dropping the charges, Graham said Spokane police officers may have been misinformed on what happens at metal shows that could explain the woman's bruising.

"We subpoenaed the list of concert attendees and found numerous people who say that she was in the front row of the mosh pit and was climbing up on stage, and getting jostled about as much as anyone else there," he said. "There's no question from our perspective that the case against these four guys was falling apart."

A representative from the Spokane County Prosecutor's Office was not immediately available.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Decapitated
Posted: 05.01.2018 by D.T. Metal

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 37   Visited by: 264 users
07.01.2018 - 15:12
nikarg
staff
07.01.2018 - 15:28
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
elite
Written by ManiacBlasphemer on 07.01.2018 at 11:39

Now don't come with that same malarkey, with women having mental illness once they commit a false rape allegation. The culture in which we live today, particularly in Western democracies is one which favors such kind of allegations. Reparations, both material and moral have to be pursued.

Same principle as drug addicts? Now this is just another token that proves the pussification of the West. Snorting glue or sniffing junk is a FUCKING CHOICE! So you have to bear the responsibility of what happens AFTER you choose to snort junk. Why didn't Goering say that he was high from 1933 until 1945 (because he really was) thus demanding to be exonerated for the pile of corpses beneath the regime he run? Because it wouldn't have worked, 'cause the Nurenberg judges were not pussified liberals who would have bought into this malarkey 70 years ago.

You people should stop pitying criminals. Pity the fucking real victims, which are the Decapitated guys, who had to stay months in prison and on trial, away from their families, who experienced financial losses, not to mention a degree of emotional and psychological trauma (yeah, they are men, but they are human too) for a case that was based on a false premise. Their every day life was about to be turned upside down, and now you tell us the bitch should walk free, unpunished, not taking responsibility for her deeds. Well fuck that...

LOYALTY TO TRIBE, GLORIFICATION OF NAZI HIGH COMMAND, NO PUSSIFICATION!!!!!

If you cannot see that it's not about pitying criminals but addressing and repairing the root psychological causes of that crime to begin with, then A. Holy fuck and B. I'll basically be done here, because, as the Mark Twain quote goes, "never argue with an idiot, because they'll drag you to their level and then beat you with experience."

----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
07.01.2018 - 19:00
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
admin
Back to decapitated or i start handing time outs to EVERYONE and ANYONE who continues. Want to talk metal, do it here. want to talk politics, take it to PMs.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
07.01.2018 - 20:35
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Good for the guys. Bad for the band. Fuck those women.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
08.01.2018 - 18:09
Kais
Drama of the century, hands down.
10.01.2018 - 04:39
It'll be interesting to see how a clearly baseless accusation effects decapitated's career in the long run... hopefully minimally.
----
THE ESSENCE OF THE VANQUISHED ECHELONS TRICKLES FROM MY DECOMPOSING JAW INTO THE SQUEALING LEGIONS WHOSE RANKS SPRAWL ACROSS THE LANDSCAPE FOR ACRES. I AM MEATWIFE FUCKSON; SON OF FUCK, SQUEEZER OF MEATS, PILLAGER OF INLETS.
12.01.2018 - 05:45
SublimeDragon
I expected no less

Hits total: 5112 | This month: 14