Metal Storm logo
Graspop - Final Line Up

The lineup for the 2007 edition of the Graspop Metal Meeting is finally complete!

GMM is proud to present another top act with the final batch of names for GMM 2007:

Joe Satriani

Joe 'Satch' Satriani is one of the greatest contemporary guitar heroes. His first instrument was the piano, but he was so impressed by Jimi Hendrix that the guitar became the most important thing in his life. Joe initially earns his money playing in local bands and teaching guitar (Steve Vai and Kirk Hammett being famous pupils). Then in 1987, his instrumental second album 'Surfing with the Alien' forces an international breakthrough'. He hasn't looked back since and in the meantime this guitar virtuoso has compiled an impressive discography.

These are the new additions:

Friday: Joe Satriani, Epica, Fastway, Static X (+ Aerosmith, Chris Cornell, Within Temptation, Type O Negative, Blind Guardian, Papa Roach, Therion, Celtic Frost, Thin Lizzy, Pain Of Salvation, Sabaton, Grave Digger, Vader, Amorphis, 1349.

Saturday: Legion Of The Damned, Rose Hill Drive, Spiralarms (+ Iron Maiden, Korn, Heaven And Hell, Life Of Agony, Stone Sour, Dimmu Borgir, Cannibal Corpse, Tiamat Atheist, Me First & The Gimme Gimmes, Lamb Of God, Less Than Jake, Sirenia, Brutal Truth, Drowning Pool, Lauren Harris)

Sunday: As I Lay Dying, Mercenary (+ Ozzy Osbourne, Slayer, Velvet Revolver, Children Of Bodom, Black Label Society, Hammerfall, Amon Amarth, Finntroll, Mastodon, Moonsorrow, Chimaira, Devildriver, Korpiklaani, In This Moment, Turisas, Eluveitie, Unearth)

Have been added to the Metal Dome bill: El Guapo Stuntteam, Stormrider, Oceans Of Sadhess and Scarve (+ several other bands...)

The exact timetable will be posted online as soon as possible!

You will find all information about Graspop Metal Meeting on:

http://www.graspop.be

or

http://www.myspace.com/graspop

Source: Graspop

Source: graspop.be
Event: Graspop Metal Meeting 2007
Posted: 02.05.2007 by Jeff

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 11   Visited by: 3 users
02.05.2007 - 21:12
Carrion
Account deleted
Good line up, tough Hellfest has still a better one.
02.05.2007 - 21:56
Daru Jericho

Agreed.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

02.05.2007 - 22:12
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Did Satriani teach Steve Vai guitar? Cool!
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
02.05.2007 - 22:51
wrathchild

Written by Lucas on 02.05.2007 at 22:12

You didn't know that?? But IMO, Vai is a better musician than Satriani (although he's not bad, of course).
That's an unexpected and great new addition to the line-up, though I still prefer Hellfest's lineup
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
02.05.2007 - 23:41
Jeff
Freaky Admin
Joe Satriani is a great add no doubt...

BUT... that's ok now, Hellfest IS the fest of the summer. That's all
----
Come with us to Hellfest 2011!
02.05.2007 - 23:43
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
Agree with you all, awesome lineup but Hellfest still pwns
03.05.2007 - 01:17
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Written by wrathchild on 02.05.2007 at 22:51

You didn't know that?? But IMO, Vai is a better musician than Satriani (although he's not bad, of course).
That's an unexpected and great new addition to the line-up, though I still prefer Hellfest's lineup

Nope, never knew that. I almost never listen to both of the two though. Actually, the only stuff I like in the 'guitar virtuosity' category is Cacophony, I think..
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
03.05.2007 - 07:54
tulkas
el parcero
amazing line-up, some of my favorite bands playing toghether within 3 days! that's one of the things I don't like about my country, there's never big metal festivals/meetings/whatever. only 'rock al parque', but mostly is just crappy bands, (most of them) and just 1 day. the other 2 days are one for only punk, and the other for cheesy pop music
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
03.05.2007 - 09:31
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Lucas on 03.05.2007 at 01:17

Written by wrathchild on 02.05.2007 at 22:51

Nope, never knew that. I almost never listen to both of the two though. Actually, the only stuff I like in the 'guitar virtuosity' category is Cacophony, I think..

Satriani also taught Krik Hammett (Metallica) guitar and also Larry Lalonde (Possessed, Primus) and produced Possessed's In The Eyes Of Horror mini album.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

03.05.2007 - 12:47
Almighty Ent
Dragon Reborn
Im fuckin pissed. My brothers flying out from Canada to see this festival. I cant get time off work so Im staying put. I'll post some of his photo's when he gets back.
04.05.2007 - 00:29
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Aerosmith & 1349 in the same day...thats funny, but awesome. Looks like an awesome fest.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin

Hits total: 5019 | This month: 4