Metal Storm logo
Behemoth - Frontman Formally Charged With Disrespecting Poland's National Coat Of Arms

Behemoth's frontman Adam "Nergal" Darski has been formally charged by Polish authorities for allegedly disrespecting one of the country's national symbols. The case, referred to court by the District Prosecutor's Office in Gdańsk, northern Poland, involves the band's "Republic Of The Unfaithful" tour artwork and merchandise, which is said to be "insulting" to the national coat of arms of Poland.

An expert on heraldry and iconography has determined that the tour's artwork featured "a distorted image of Poland's national emblem," according to the prosecutor's office.

The artwork "included elements and symbols considered Satanist and anti-Christian, with the aim of conveying content far removed from the historical and state ideology," the prosecutor's office said.

Nergal and Maciej G., who promoted the tour online, both stand accused of publicly affronting the Polish national emblem, which carries a maximum sentence of one year in prison. Also charged is Rafał Wechterowicz, the graphic artist who worked on the Behemoth artwork.

Nergal, who has pleaded not guilty to the charges, commented on the latest legal developments in an Instagram post. He wrote: "Well... this is the first thing that hits me after coming back from a relaxing and sunny holiday trip. Me and two other dudes are accused of profaning Polish emblem. What a bummer! PiS-driven Poland is trying its best to nail my ass down? as an example, I guess. But first thing is: it is NOT a Polish emblem. Second... let's leave those arguments for the court case which is to begin shortly! Is there limits to their obscurity and blindness? Bring it on!"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Behemoth
Posted: 12.01.2018 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 28   [ 3 ignored ]   Visited by: 248 users
12.01.2018 - 14:06
Daniell
_爱情_
He is right in saying that it is not the Polish coat of arms. But what he isn't saying is that it was made to look like it is. It's deliberately misleading. I'm sure, because it's Nergal's MO - he loves to cause controversy to boost his media value.
12.01.2018 - 15:34
saeed.pain

So... you can go to jail for just an insulting picture? (If it's insulting at all)
and "anti-Christian"? What the hell does that mean? Is this the middle ages?
12.01.2018 - 16:13
Daniell
_爱情_
Written by saeed.pain on 12.01.2018 at 15:34

So... you can go to jail for just an insulting picture? (If it's insulting at all)

Not "an insulting picture", but profanation of a national symbol. I'm pretty sure there are a lot of countries where such an act is a punishable offense.
12.01.2018 - 16:26
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Daniell on 12.01.2018 at 16:13

Written by saeed.pain on 12.01.2018 at 15:34

Not "an insulting picture", but profanation of a national symbol. I'm pretty sure there are a lot of countries where such an act is a punishable offense.

There are and it is just as stupid/bs/whatever you want to call it that such an act is punishable.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

12.01.2018 - 16:34
saeed.pain

Written by Daniell on 12.01.2018 at 16:13

And the appropriate response is sending him to jail?
I think if it's really "anti-country" or something like that, it should be banned/changed or he should pay a fine or something (even these responses are still not OK IMO). But sending someone to jail for a profanation?

"lot of countries where such an act is a punishable offense" does not make it right or even better in my book.
I'm not even a fan of Behemoth music mostly
12.01.2018 - 18:55
DarkGardenCat

Imagine it was done on purpose, aren't people allowed to express themselves?
.l. to the countries where liberty of speech is censored.
12.01.2018 - 19:16
Daniell
_爱情_
I never said that I support punishing Nergal.
12.01.2018 - 21:11
Big-Al

I hope the EU steps in on this one.
----

I drink moosepiss
12.01.2018 - 21:51
(o> . )

What a massive load of hot steaming garbage. Freedom of speech everyone, the responsible Polish authorities can go eat an oversize elephant dong. Oh wait, am I going to be charged now? Huh? Can't stand imbeciles with over-inflated sense of self-importance and national pride like that. Oh and "anti-christian" acts are a criminal offense or something along those lines? Sure let's go on a crusade now, good idea.
12.01.2018 - 21:56
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Wow.

Just how little has society evolved, I wonder?
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
13.01.2018 - 19:24
Kamil
Account deleted
Written by DarkGardenCat on 12.01.2018 at 18:55

Profanation and insults of state and religious symbols and feelings AREN'T AND WILL NEVER BE any freedom of speech.
Only leftism and other people who do not know what national identity and tradition are will not understand this and other things.

Besides, Nergal is just cowardly pozer, who is afraid of responsibility for his actions.
And thanks people like him your demoralized and degenerated western civilasation is under islamic attack.
13.01.2018 - 19:38
s_t_s

Written by Irritable Ted on 12.01.2018 at 14:21

If you put your dick in a lion's mouth often enough, eventually it's going to bite. Call his bluff. Send him to prison.

Bla not good enough a reason to put him into jail. With such silly a behaviour I start wondering why Poland is part of Europe. This is democracy not fucking middle ages as someone else mentioned.
13.01.2018 - 20:04
Kamil
Account deleted
S_T_s: should I remind you, what happened in one of french redactions after mocking from the Mahomet?
13.01.2018 - 23:34
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Good publicity for him and he'll probably win the court case if he can get a decent lawyer. If they win and the other side has to pay all the costs, then he's laughing and this is a big win for him. Looking forward to a new album as well.
----
The sun shines over The Fool...
14.01.2018 - 01:51
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 13.01.2018 at 19:24

Profanation and insults of state and religious symbols and feelings AREN'T AND WILL NEVER BE any freedom of speech.
Only leftism and other people who do not know what national identity and tradition are will not understand this and other things.

Besides, Nergal is just cowardly pozer, who is afraid of responsibility for his actions.
And thanks people like him your demoralized and degenerated western civilasation is under islamic attack.

National identitity? Don't make me laugh. Nationalism is the most stupid thing around. And this situation once again proves is. Wow look at me being so proud opf having been born in this part of the world. please fuck off and die all you nationalist fucking morons.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

14.01.2018 - 03:13
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish

Any 'Freedom of Speech/Expression' worth its salt allows for "insults" towards national and religious symbols.

That's the point. To be able to criticize things, even though it might offend some people's... delicate sensibilities.
14.01.2018 - 03:30
bddidier

Of course it is part of freedom of expression. I am insulted by the stupidity and bigotry of most religious people and so call nationalist all the time but I am not asking them to be put in jail. And if some guy feels like he need to burn the flag of my country (for example) to express himself it is fine by me even if I do not really see the point. And let's not start on the all issue of symbols and stupid nationalism and religious obscurantism.
And frankly I dont even now this guy and he can be the biggest asshole in the world, but it is still his right to insult his country if he want to.
14.01.2018 - 03:36
bddidier

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 14.01.2018 at 01:51

National identitity? Don't make me laugh. Nationalism is the most stupid thing around. And this situation once again proves is. Wow look at me being so proud opf having been born in this part of the world. please fuck off and die all you nationalist fucking morons.

Well said. And long live our degenerated western civilisation
14.01.2018 - 03:41
bddidier

Written by Guest on 13.01.2018 at 20:04

S_T_s: should I remind you, what happened in one of french redactions after mocking from the Mahomet?

And your point is? Poland is slowily reverting to the middle age, and should be kicked off the EU with their friends from Hungaria. It is country like Poland that are a danger to civilisation with their moronic religious and nationalistic ideas.
14.01.2018 - 09:55
Kamil
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 14.01.2018 at 01:51

Only thanks "this most stupid things around" my country survived times, when we weren't independent.
But what people of foolish modern societies can know about history of my country? Nothing
14.01.2018 - 09:58
Kamil
Account deleted
Written by bddidier on 14.01.2018 at 03:41

And your point is? Poland is slowily reverting to the middle age, and should be kicked off the EU with their friends from Hungaria. It is country like Poland that are a danger to civilisation with their moronic religious and nationalistic ideas.

No, it is not. But leftism fools and ignorants like Nergal, that brought islamist to western civilasation.
This is something, that you should be afraid of
14.01.2018 - 14:21
s_t_s

Are you saying that they should not have mocked Mahomet ? People can say/write what they want, this does not deserve jail nor death by any means. People who use violence to be heard are nothing but coward terrorists. Fuck them !
14.01.2018 - 15:21
Kamil
Account deleted
@ s_T_s:
Quote:
People can say/write what they want

Can' t you see, that this is one of the reasons, why especially France is under islamic siege and you are loosing it as well as rest of western Europe?
Can't you see that you have it at your own wish?
To make matter clear - I do not justify any violence.
But...
...everything - especially freedom of speech - has its limits.
14.01.2018 - 15:42
Andreas

YASSS LOCK HIM UP

Nah but seriously, whether you think the legal situation in Poland is extreme or not, this guy deliberately pushes towards breaking Polish law; just a pity that those Poles seem to have problems with finding the proper reaction. Just yawning, rolling your eyes and move on would be a way greater punishment for that guy than any form of criminal punishment.

Besides, the guy is lucky he isn't living in a country with an actual medieval mindset. Like in sharia controlled countries.
15.01.2018 - 02:30
Ilham
Giant robot
The charlie hebdo attack is the new 9/11. Every time a nutcase with an agenda talks, it pops up in the conversation. I should make a MetalStorm political debate bingo and place it at the center.
15.01.2018 - 03:10
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Wat
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
22.01.2018 - 15:34
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
I don't agree with him being sent to jail, but to be fined or to be forced to change the emblem would be good.
A lot of morons here object to him facing consequences and undermine the importance of national symbols as if they are some kind of toilet paper.

Well folks, if you were a nation that disappeared from history for a certain amount of time (almost 2 centuries for Poland), and being the subject of intense persecution just because you were different, or facing the threat of your culture and identity to annihilated by an aggressive nation, then you will hold these symbols sacred, more so then your own life.

Those born in countries that never experienced foreign occupation (or experienced it a long time ago), or the threat of foreign occupation would never understand why people that experienced it are more attached to these symbols and their national identity. That is why Western Europeans will never understand Eastern Europeans. For Eastern Europeans, maintaining your culture and identity was matter of life and death. For Western Europeans it wasn't.

Also, nationalism is the very foundation of the modern European civilization, no matter how much Marxists try to reduce its significance. No individual in this world, no matter how much of a SJW he/she is does not feel an attachment to his/her's nation of origin. It is in your blood.

Poland is under scrutiny today for many reasons, because it is white, because it is Polish in majority, because it is catholic in majority, because it is more conservative and refuses to adopt the degeneracy that prevailed in the West for the past 30 years and because it still maintains a glimmer of national sovereignty in the mental consciousness of the people.

Poland, together with all the Eastern European countries should separate themselves from Western Europe (which is now in its last days, very similar with what happened to the Western Roman Empire in the 4th to 5th century), form Intermarium and proceed with keeping the values and ideals that made Europe great: nationalism, christianity, patriotism, capitalism and a continuous adversity against the enemies of civilizations: Marxist-Communists and Islam.
22.01.2018 - 16:16
nikarg

Someone please fix this broken record already.

Hits total: 4109 | This month: 9