Metal Storm logo
Therion - Reveal Second Single

Recently, Swedish symphonic masters Therion shared the first song from their upcoming album, the rock opera Beloved Antichrist, due out on February 9th, 2018. You still can hear it here. But now it's time for another new song, the album's second single has been unveiled. "Night Reborn" is described as an "uptempo track" from the opera's second act that melds typical Therion metal riffs with symphonic grandeur and gives fans another taste of the three-hour-long drama composed by band leader Christofer Johnsson.

Christofer explains: "'Night Reborn' is also one of the more guitar driven scenes in the opera and represents the heavier side of it. In the previous two scenes in Chapter 11, a mystic from the east (Apollonius) arrives to assist Antichrist (Seth). In this scene he shows the crowd some of his miracles.

"ACT 2, Chapter 11, Scene 3: On the top step outside the gate Apollonius raises his hands, causing Seth to levitate higher and higher. Then Apollonius lowers his arms and Seth slowly returns to the ground. Seth lifts Apollonius' hand towards the sky and proclaims his name. The crowd cheers."

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Therion
Posted: 13.01.2018 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 14   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 157 users
13.01.2018 - 15:07
Lanthros

Stock standard therion.
13.01.2018 - 15:09
fandango68

As much as I love Therion, I'm not sure I'm going to be able to do 3 hours of this...
----
First gig was Manowar (loincloths 'n' all), Bristol Colston Hall in March 1983, on the 'Hail to England' tour. Tickets were £3.75, 300 in the audience, Mercyful Fate never showed, but my hearing still got seriously trashed..
13.01.2018 - 15:28
skelator

Boooring....
----
Best Metal Albums of 2023: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9jaZJRBeBw

Best Metal Demos: www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HtsgSQjV44
13.01.2018 - 16:05
BetterThanRaw

Written by skelator on 13.01.2018 at 15:28

Boooring....

I'm gonna be playing the new Therion record from my balcony so it can be heard all over the island, man

Awesome - as always! I'm very much looking forward to this album!
----
Kai Hansen über alles!
13.01.2018 - 16:13
AljanahLyra

I'm curious how the whole album will be. This single sounds more promising to me than their first one.
----
"I'm not going to fuck you Carmilla, I'm too pissed off."
~Godbrand, Castlevania~
13.01.2018 - 17:35
fandango68

Written by AljanahLyra on 13.01.2018 at 16:13

I'm curious how the whole album will be. This single sounds more promising to me than their first one.

Only marginally... it just all sounds so safe, mid-tempo and pedestrian. Believe me, after the wait we've had, I want this to be the barn-stormer of the decade as much as anyone.
----
First gig was Manowar (loincloths 'n' all), Bristol Colston Hall in March 1983, on the 'Hail to England' tour. Tickets were £3.75, 300 in the audience, Mercyful Fate never showed, but my hearing still got seriously trashed..
13.01.2018 - 18:07
Oracles

Written by fandango68 on 13.01.2018 at 17:35

Written by AljanahLyra on 13.01.2018 at 16:13

Only marginally... it just all sounds so safe, mid-tempo and pedestrian. Believe me, after the wait we've had, I want this to be the barn-stormer of the decade as much as anyone.

Even though I agree with a lot of your complaints and I am saving my hype for this album. I do not think this song suffers from a lot of the problems you described. Yes it is quite pedestrian, but it also has a very Therion-esque feel for me. If you close your eyes, I can absolutely imagine this song being on Lemuria or Sirius B.
13.01.2018 - 20:21
Opethian

I'll be honest with everyone on here. I can't do 3 hours of any material. Did like the first single much better. Just see how this entire triple album plays out. It's been a long time since I was last knee deep into a Therion album.
14.01.2018 - 21:14
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Oh god, this will be another disaster like The Astonishing
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
15.01.2018 - 05:14
Written by BetterThanRaw on 13.01.2018 at 16:05

Written by skelator on 13.01.2018 at 15:28

Boooring....

I'm gonna be playing the new Therion record from my balcony so it can be heard all over the island, man

Awesome - as always! I'm very much looking forward to this album!

lmao the 436,947 maltese will learn to love therion
----
THE ESSENCE OF THE VANQUISHED ECHELONS TRICKLES FROM MY DECOMPOSING JAW INTO THE SQUEALING LEGIONS WHOSE RANKS SPRAWL ACROSS THE LANDSCAPE FOR ACRES. I AM MEATWIFE FUCKSON; SON OF FUCK, SQUEEZER OF MEATS, PILLAGER OF INLETS.
15.01.2018 - 13:33
BlackMetalDay

I'm really afraid about this album after listening to those two average-at-best singles.
15.01.2018 - 21:08
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
I hope these songs are purely to lower our expectations. Some of the worst music i've heard really from my overall favourite band.
15.01.2018 - 22:32
skelator

Nothing to add to post above. So disappointing.
----
Best Metal Albums of 2023: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9jaZJRBeBw

Best Metal Demos: www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HtsgSQjV44
23.01.2018 - 23:31
dark_mar

Metal formula has....end? So many other music directions deliver much more.
Always it depends from point of view, day, feeling. I like back to roots of Therion. But is it relay what they feel to do?

Hits total: 3339 | This month: 6