Metal Storm logo
Argus (Free Download Demo)

03.05.2007 - 08:18
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
These guys are awesome!! If you like Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Candlemass and Solitude Aeturnus then you'll like this. If not then you suck anyway.

These lads are from the US and have released a very impressive demo just this year.

The demo is avaible for free download at this Website
----

Hellcunt Smurf
04.05.2007 - 10:11
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Come on, Coooooome Ooooooonnnn!! They are worth checking out.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
04.05.2007 - 11:48
GT
Coffee!!
I'm downloading right now. I'll return when I have listened to it.
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
04.05.2007 - 18:39
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Man.. atleast thats one person :
----

Hellcunt Smurf
08.05.2007 - 10:05
GT
Coffee!!
The one person is now back with an opinion Been listening to the stuff I downloaded. It's quite all right. Solid heavy metal. The singer is a little weak at times, but nothing serious. Guess he just have to get some more experience. All in all a good band
----

08.05.2007 - 20:02
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Written by GT on 08.05.2007 at 10:05

The one person is now back with an opinion Been listening to the stuff I downloaded. It's quite all right. Solid heavy metal. The singer is a little weak at times, but nothing serious. Guess he just have to get some more experience. All in all a good band

Spose the vocal preformance does come down to a matter of opinion, though I think its still strong and well done. A good band? Fuck yes!! Why more people havent bothered with them yet is crazy.

Also heard that they might be making 7" of these demos. Not confirmed though.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
09.06.2007 - 08:59
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Seriously, only one other person has bothered. Oh maaaaan. Thought the free 'music' in the title would attracked more...
----

Hellcunt Smurf
10.06.2007 - 03:15
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Hey man, this is good shiet!

Recommend, reader, don't be a fool.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
17.06.2007 - 14:13
Lucas
Mr. Noise
So far, it looks like I am going to buy this demo.
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
01.08.2007 - 13:30
Infurnace

Ah, so here is the thread . Well, I might as well check out the demo right away.
01.08.2007 - 23:28
APOHAKC
The Bard
I downloaded it right now, after one listen it sound pretty good, I like the sound, guitars are awesome, production is good for a demo. Sometimes, they remind me little on Iron Maiden, especially on solos with both guitars, and in other they sound pretty aggressive with sharp riffs for heavy metal. Vocal is ok, nothing spectacular but pretty good. I will listen to it few more times, maybe I discover something new
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
05.08.2007 - 17:33
Remus

Written by APOHAKC on 01.08.2007 at 23:28

I downloaded it right now, after one listen it sound pretty good, I like the sound, guitars are awesome, production is good for a demo. Sometimes, they remind me little on Iron Maiden, especially on solos with both guitars, and in other they sound pretty aggressive with sharp riffs for heavy metal. Vocal is ok, nothing spectacular but pretty good. I will listen to it few more times, maybe I discover something new

I too am downloading it right now. I've heard the first track - Beyond - and it's sounding really good. You're right about the vocals being nothing special, but this is only a demo - if they get a deal with a rec label and record a full length album, they will improve his voice a lot. As for the rest of the band, the riffs are THAT good and drummer holds his own as well.
Overall, really good band, looking forward to hearing the rest of the demo!

P.S. (Totally off topic)

Holly shit dude, i just checked Ana Nikolic in the FHM and i was like wow ! I saw some of her vids on youtube, she has amazing legs. Only thing wrong with those thighs is that they're not around my face ! I see you got some real talent in Serbia, and i don't mean musical talent!
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
05.08.2007 - 19:29
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by Remus on 05.08.2007 at 17:33

P.S. (Totally off topic)

Holly shit dude, i just checked Ana Nikolic in the FHM and i was like wow ! I saw some of her vids on youtube, she has amazing legs. Only thing wrong with those thighs is that they're not around my face ! I see you got some real talent in Serbia, and i don't mean musical talent!

Yeah matey, there are reall talent here, I really find our girls among the mose beauties in the world, not because I am Serb, just imagine ow I feel, hse is right here, and I can't do anything about it
----
06.08.2007 - 17:02
Butch
Account deleted
Greetings from ARGUS. Glad some of you dig the demo !! Happened across your site via Google search. Looks cool.

\m/

Butch

ps - I kind of like the vocals
06.08.2007 - 17:30
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Written by Guest on 06.08.2007 at 17:02

Greetings from ARGUS. Glad some of you dig the demo !! Happened across your site via Google search. Looks cool.

\m/

Butch

Hey mate, cool of you to sign up. I just received your email today. (I'm Lucas from the Netherlands)
I thought you forgot about me, since you hadn't replied in.. 5/6 weeks or something. But I'm glad I can still buy the cd!

Good luck with your ARGUS!
----

06.08.2007 - 17:38
Butch
Account deleted
Lucas - sorry about that brother. I have rarely used the Argus band gmail. I was in there today and caught up with a few folks inquiring about the demo.
06.08.2007 - 21:30
Tony Harrison
I have no arms..
Loving the demo so far, this is definately one of the better bands I've heard so far this year! I don't think my headphones are doing it justice though, I need to get my amp wired up.

On a less serious note, I wouldn't wear one of their band shirts since The Argus is the name of our shitty local paper where I live. I'd just get stupid questions all day about why I was supporting it, a bit like with my Katatonia hoodie and people confusing it with the welsh band Cataonia who did pop music and sung with Tom Jones - Ugh.
----
This is an outrage...
06.08.2007 - 23:36
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Written by Guest on 06.08.2007 at 17:38

Lucas - sorry about that brother. I have rarely used the Argus band gmail. I was in there today and caught up with a few folks inquiring about the demo.

Haha, no problem mate. Just check out your PM inbox/gmail soon, there is something in there for ya.
----

07.08.2007 - 04:08
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by Guest on 06.08.2007 at 17:02

\m/

Butch

Are you vocalist?

Anyway, just to wish you very good luck with the band, it was nice gesture from you to sign up in our community (noope, we are not sect ), and since you was that kind, I will do my best to promote your music here through my webzine and biggest Serbian metal portal http://www.yumetal.net/forum/index.php?
----
07.08.2007 - 15:18
Butch
Account deleted
Aronax - I am the vocalist. I sang for US Doom Metal Band PENANCE from 1997-2005 (plus one show in 2007). Met these guys via their former singer, Eric Johnson, a fraternity brother of mine. We hit it off immediately personally and musically and have been working towards building our sound. Thanks for your welcome !! I look forward to joining in conversation here when I can as I am a huge metal fan. I love many kinds of music but metal is my favorite.
07.08.2007 - 15:25
APOHAKC
The Bard
Awesome mate, I know for Penance, I have one album, it seams it is from 2003, it is downloaded though, sorry for that. Personally, I like Argus more, I am not in Doom that much while Argus is very good as I wrote.
Btw, Penance bassist looks great
----
07.08.2007 - 15:57
Butch
Account deleted
Downloading doesn't bother me. I never made money from Penance so I never saw it as cutting into my lifestyle. I think you have "Spiritualnatural" - that was our 2003 release. My favorite, vocally, of the 3 I did with the band.
07.08.2007 - 16:37
APOHAKC
The Bard
Yeah, that is the album I have, it is great indeed, not my genre, but I like the sound on that one. I will find some more, about money, I know, I am in the band with releases too, and I never saw even a coin from it, so I give people to download, everything I ever got is few beers per gig
----
27.11.2007 - 20:17
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
Haven't posted on Metalstorm for quite a while now, but since I saw this Demo reviewed, I thought I'd just put my opinion here. Got this a while ago through Hellride. I fucking love the demo! And Butch, your voice is fucking awesome. Excellent stuff; can't wait for your album to come out. I'd buy that without listening to any songs!
I like the stuff you did with Penance. The Against Nature bit was hard to digest musically, but it was still good fare for the most of it. Cheers.
----
"You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And you hate the police, don't you? You make it easy."
27.11.2007 - 22:10
GT
Coffee!!
Nice to see the demo being reviewed...might get some more people interested. Looking forward to a whole album.
----

28.11.2007 - 12:22
Lucas
Mr. Noise
So do I.
----

11.03.2010 - 12:02
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Hm...i found this thread by chance and wanted to try it, but the link seems to be dead already...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

11.03.2010 - 14:03
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Then go check out their 2009 self titled debut. It's a pretty good Heavy Metal album with a tinge of Doom
----
loves 小巫