Metal Storm logo
Oceans Of Slumber - Release New Video

Progressive metal band Oceans Of Slumber has released a video for their new single "The Banished Heart", which is also the title track of the upcoming album, to be released on 2nd March 2018.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Oceans Of Slumber
Posted: 04.02.2018 by Misha_76

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 15   Visited by: 84 users
05.02.2018 - 00:00
Daniell
_爱情_
I've come up with a new name for this band: Slightly Fancier But Boring Evanescence.
05.02.2018 - 00:34
Sircheesewhistle

Her voice is as fantastic as it was on the last track but the song itself isn't nearly as exciting sadly.
05.02.2018 - 06:20
scaesura

Yeah, you guys are spot on... The band has potential, there are some good moments, but there's just... no riffs.
05.02.2018 - 11:35
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Fantastic song and excellent vocals. Long time it has been since I was so awed by a song.
05.02.2018 - 12:17
MikeVonDoom

Written by Daniell on 05.02.2018 at 00:00

I've come up with a new name for this band: Slightly Fancier But Boring Evanescence.

I get your point and partially agree. Both bands have different styles, the only similarity is the female vocalist. OfS is way heavier that Evanescence and that is what makes them a million times better than the other shitty gathering of poorly talented musicians.
Side note: I just answered because I wanted to make it clear that Evanescence is a shitty gathering of poorly talented musicians[u][/u] .
05.02.2018 - 12:57
Daniell
_爱情_
Written by MikeVonDoom on 05.02.2018 at 12:17

I get your point and partially agree. Both bands have different styles, the only similarity is the female vocalist. OfS is way heavier that Evanescence and that is what makes them a million times better than the other shitty gathering of poorly talented musicians.

Evanescence is not a bad band. They're massively popular, and that is enough for a lot of people to hate the band. Mind you, I'm not a fan at all, but I can appreciate them anyway.
05.02.2018 - 13:14
MikeVonDoom

Quote:
Written by Daniell on 05.02.2018 at 12:57

Evanescence is not a bad band. They're massively popular, and that is enough for a lot of people to hate the band. Mind you, I'm not a fan at all, but I can appreciate them anyway.

Good for you...
05.02.2018 - 13:49
Daniell
_爱情_
When I listen to this song, I can't help thinking what the band was thinking: "We have a great singer, her voice will cover everything else, so why bother with writing good music"
05.02.2018 - 16:25
Lanthros

Written by Daniell on 05.02.2018 at 12:57

Written by MikeVonDoom on 05.02.2018 at 12:17

Yes they are pretty shitty. Just a rip off of lacuna coil and amy isnt half the singer that christina is.
05.02.2018 - 18:13
Nick Carter

It seems this band will just give us one good album. This is just going directly to be the dissapointment of 2018.

I really don't get why they changed style so drastically when they were so closed to create something perfect in the last one. I know bands should look for change, but I think they still have the talent to give us one better album in the same way Winter was.
----
#MetalIsForEveryone
05.02.2018 - 18:14
Nick Carter

Also, the singer is so great that she can fix whatever they decide to write.
----
#MetalIsForEveryone
05.02.2018 - 19:15
BloodTears
ANA-thema
I like it. She sounds more like Tori Amos to me in this.

And that's pretty cool.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
06.02.2018 - 22:22
bisclav

Written by Nick Carter on 05.02.2018 at 18:13

It seems this band will just give us one good album. This is just going directly to be the dissapointment of 2018.

I really don't get why they changed style so drastically when they were so closed to create something perfect in the last one. I know bands should look for change, but I think they still have the talent to give us one better album in the same way Winter was.

Have you heard first single from this album?

I think it will be one of the highlights of 2018.
07.02.2018 - 01:13
Nick Carter

I did. And this album is the most expected 2018 album for me, but the singles are not close to what they did with Winter, which i believe that with a lil of imporvement, could become a classic. Maybe my expectations are too high in this one
----
#MetalIsForEveryone
13.02.2018 - 21:58
musclassia

Written by Nick Carter on 07.02.2018 at 01:13

I did. And this album is the most expected 2018 album for me, but the singles are not close to what they did with Winter, which i believe that with a lil of imporvement, could become a classic. Maybe my expectations are too high in this one

I thought this new song was okay, but I agree that this one and the previous one (can't remember the name) aren't at the same level as the best songs from Winter (obviously the fantastic title track, but also This Road, the Nights In White Satin cover). I really like that album and my expectations for this follow-up have been muted by the first two songs released so far

Hits total: 2769 | This month: 4