Metal Storm logo
Kalmah - Releases New Single And Lyric Video

Swamp lords Kalmah are back! Today, they released a new single called "The Evil Kin", accompanied by a lyric video, taken from their upcoming album, Palo. Listen to it now! Palo will hit stores on April 6th via Spinefarm Records with cover art by Niklas Sundin. Are you excited for the new Kalmah album?

Antti Kokko states: "Almost 30 years of swamp madness and here we are today representing our 8th album with fishing tridents sharpened shiny. The album stands strongly on the very roots of Kalmah sound yet introduces fresh breath from the Swamplord's tar-stained lungs. Evil Kin as first single gives you riffs written back in 1991 blended with melodies of Kalmah today. It's a perfect statement to show where we were and are right now."

Tracklist:
01. Blood Ran Cold
02. The Evil Kin
03. The World Of Rage
04. Into the Black Marsh
05. Take Me Away
06. Paystreak
07. Waiting in the Wings
08. Through the Shallow Waters
09. Erase and Diverge
10. The Stalker

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Kalmah
Posted: 09.02.2018 by Fallen Ghost

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 25   Visited by: 270 users
09.02.2018 - 13:28
erat

Great cover art, so hyped for this! Swamplords are back!
----
Sick liaisons raised this monumental mark,
The sun sets forever over Blackwater Park!
09.02.2018 - 15:03
CrowKiller

The song is fantastic.
09.02.2018 - 15:08
BlackMetalDay

Excellent, just excellent! Played it 3 times in a row and it stays just as good.
My god I love this band
09.02.2018 - 16:30
SageBlackMetal

The beginning failed to pull me in, but when the first chorus hit I was excited. Classic Kalmah sound. The key change at the end is a nice touch. Pretty stoked for this album.
----
Check out my one-man, atmospheric black metal project below. Free Downloads:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdEEl0_hWvGgCtmuwfZjUmA?view_as=subscriber
https://www.instagram.com/sageblackmetal/
http://sageblackmetal.bandcamp.com/
09.02.2018 - 17:04
Gurablashta

Written by SageBlackMetal on 09.02.2018 at 16:30

The beginning failed to pull me in, but when the first chorus hit I was excited. Classic Kalmah sound. The key change at the end is a nice touch. Pretty stoked for this album.

I know what you mean, I really didn't like the intro, but the song gets way better as it progresses, and most importantly it feels like a Kalmah song
09.02.2018 - 17:32
metalbrat

Not a great fan of their lyrics but the music is just Kalmahish. Beautiful.
----
In the beginning I was made of clay. Then I bit the apple and they changed me to metal 🤘
09.02.2018 - 17:33
lemme

Typical Kalmah swampy unique sound. Fantastic. Best MDM band.
09.02.2018 - 17:56
SageBlackMetal

Written by Gurablashta on 09.02.2018 at 17:04

Written by SageBlackMetal on 09.02.2018 at 16:30

I know what you mean, I really didn't like the intro, but the song gets way better as it progresses, and most importantly it feels like a Kalmah song

Exactly. I was worried at first that the whole song was going to be like that, but when I heard that guitar lead in the chorus, I knew everything was alright. Haha.
----
Check out my one-man, atmospheric black metal project below. Free Downloads:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdEEl0_hWvGgCtmuwfZjUmA?view_as=subscriber
https://www.instagram.com/sageblackmetal/
http://sageblackmetal.bandcamp.com/
09.02.2018 - 18:21
Nick Carter

Hip Hip Hooray! hahaha I have to agree that is a fantastic idea to put in a chorus. Loved it!
----
#MetalIsForEveryone
09.02.2018 - 21:04
FYA
Destroyer
Well...I love Swampsters to be honest. I am waiting for the new album since they announced it. This song...isn't for me. Everyone here is praisng the chorus, but for me the whole song is boring and generic. I won't mention the intro, which is too simple. Chorus is kinda catchy, but...that's all. It's nice but have no 'I got you!'. Disappointed :<
09.02.2018 - 22:08
MIXHELL

FUCK YEAH!
09.02.2018 - 23:08
Enissa

Finally!! Holly molly, this song is good. Can't wait for the album now
10.02.2018 - 02:49
Vermoorden

The power of the riff is strong here, those lyrics however... Not so great.
10.02.2018 - 11:15
MMizfall

Devout kalmahaolic here
song was ok....too much generic- borrowing-from - gothernburg stuff. Needs more old school wisdom of Kalmah
10.02.2018 - 14:51
access95

Liked the song, especially the chorus, classic Kalmah, as for the lyrics, they were not so good but in my opinion no Kalmah lyrics are really great, i think it comes down to that they're not completely fluent in English.
10.02.2018 - 15:16
SonOfOden

Finally, they return again with a new album after 5 years. Hopefully worth the waits, and we will get an another melodic death metal masterpiece from these Finnish Swamplords!

This new song is also very good and promising!
----
10.02.2018 - 16:02
Pablo

Yessss!!!! Give me moreeee!!!!!
10.02.2018 - 19:12
Traezeus

IDGAF what anybody else says, Kalmah knows how to make some fkn solid melodeth.
10.02.2018 - 19:25
EricAxel36

Mmm that key change though
12.02.2018 - 14:25
AndreMarcos

Found it to be a good effort, but hopefully the album has much better. Also felt at times that the sound production wasn't great, like in the chorus the guitars in the background are way too muzzled.

On a side note, I have been playing way too much Bloodborne, I immediately thought about it when i read the song title
13.02.2018 - 06:01
MMizfall

"Evil Kin as first single gives you riffs written back in 1991"
Their stuff from ancestors are a far cry from what they sound today, Those demos were epic This must be a trashed riff even from that era.
16.02.2018 - 22:42
Malignar

Never heard of them, kinda sound like if Sentenced played generic death metal. Actually better than I expected.
17.02.2018 - 04:22
Necrodamus

Back with a vengeance! Song sounds better than a lot of Seventh Swamphony in my opinion. Will be looking forward to this one!
05.03.2018 - 09:27
Stunning Cactus

Very happy with the song, and even more so, the production! So great to hear that nice crisp production on a Kalmah record. Bring it on!!!!!!
08.03.2018 - 15:13
yosterdude

Written by FYA on 09.02.2018 at 21:04

Well...I love Swampsters to be honest. I am waiting for the new album since they announced it. This song...isn't for me. Everyone here is praisng the chorus, but for me the whole song is boring and generic. I won't mention the intro, which is too simple. Chorus is kinda catchy, but...that's all. It's nice but have no 'I got you!'. Disappointed :<

My thoughts exactly
----
Stay Br00tal!

Hits total: 5265 | This month: 3