Metal Storm logo
Mercyful Fate - No Reunion At Hand

Rumours that Mercyful Fate was going to play again started after the wedding of one of Force Of Evil's guitarists on March 19th.

This is what was written back then on Covenworldwide, the official Mercyful Fate and King Diamond webpage:
"A rare meeting took place at Michael Denner's wedding on March 17th.. Members from original Mercyful Fate, King Diamond, Force Of Evil and Zoser Mez were all present to support Michael in getting married. Mercyful Fate presented 5 members, King Diamond presented 3 members, Force of Evil presented 5 members and Zoser Mez presented 4 members. Ole Bang, Tourmanager of all 4 bands since the beginning, was making sure all musicians were in place for the photoshoot."
You can see that photo here.

It seams that many fans were expecting Mercyful fate reunion but Ole Bang wrote the following announcement on the official King Diamond and Mercyfull Fate webpage on May 2:
"Despite uncollaborated rumours I have to inform you; There is no plan for a Mercyful Fate reunion !!!"

Source: covenworldwide.org
Band profile: Mercyful Fate
Posted: 03.05.2007 by Aronax Of Steel

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 30 users
03.05.2007 - 20:56
SacredBlade

Oh well, I'm just waiting for King Diamond's new one to come out...I'm sure it will suffice.
03.05.2007 - 21:39
Carrion
Account deleted
Rumours, rumours, rumours.. Just rumours, but they always have a habit to get the crowd go wild
03.05.2007 - 21:58
APOHAKC
The Bard
Yeah, but many people expected Mercyful Fate's reunion, especially after King's interview when he said that there is good chance he will sing again Mercyful Fate songs, and not with King Diamond. It is sad it is only stupid rumour...
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
05.05.2007 - 16:13
okt31
Account deleted
Too bad! Anyway, King Diamond keeps kicking ass.. I wait for his next album!
13.05.2009 - 14:44
Rattlehead.cz

What a pity! So many groups came back from the grave, and just this amazing band has released nothing since 1999!!
10.09.2009 - 18:31
Galar
Wicked Mung
So I hear mercyful may be playing maryland deathfest..
----
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID, SUCK A DICK

Hits total: 4286 | This month: 4