Metal Storm logo
Kamelot - Premiere New Track

After some teasing, Kamelot finally released a new song! The symphonic power metal masters just premiered the single and lyric video for the track "RavenLight" and you can discover it below. According to mastermind Thomas Youngblood, "the album offers many diverse songs, here is one of the mid tempo tracks being offered as an IG for the fans, enjoy this one." After much anticipation, what do you think about the first single from The Shadow Theory?

The Shadow Theory drops on April 6th on Napalm Records.

Source: kamelot.com
Band profile: Kamelot
Posted: 02.03.2018 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 21   [ 3 ignored ]   Visited by: 272 users
02.03.2018 - 20:13
ohmayhem

Definitely 1st Single material, so we can't judge the album by this song alone, but it's an enjoyable track. It sounds like Haven pt. 2, but something about it reminds me of pre-Ghost Opera as well!
02.03.2018 - 20:30
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
What do I think of it? More of the meh material that Kamelot has put out for quite a while. Can't judge the entire album based on this one song, but Haven and Silverthorn turned out be boring from the first singles and did not change even after the entire albums were released.

Nothing in this song is reminiscent of the pre-Ghost Opera era. That era thrived with creativity, passion and ambition. The level of songwriting back then was of very high quality. Here you have a band going through the motions like a machine. Or like a shadow, as the album title implies.

Hope I am wrong and the rest of the album can provide some highlights, but this song is doing its best to not get my hopes up.
02.03.2018 - 20:35
IcePickLodger

Decent song...just a fine intermission after two double-bass tunes
02.03.2018 - 21:55
FYA
Destroyer
I can definitely hear that 'industriality' that they were talking about. Unfortunately - regular Kamelot song. Maybe some ideas of riffs or guitar tracking are quite interesting, but...nah.
02.03.2018 - 22:57
Kais

Jesus F. Christ, this sounds like a bad renderation of Haven, which together with Silverthorn were bad renderations of Ghost Opera. It's tragic how this band has devolved since, you know, 'he who shall be not mentioned', left.
03.03.2018 - 00:26
WorpeX
Made of Metal
So they claim "the album offers many diverse songs" yet they proceed to release a single that sounds exactly like everything else they've released in the past 6 years.
03.03.2018 - 00:29
Metren
Dreadrealm
Written by Kais on 02.03.2018 at 22:57

It's tragic how this band has devolved since, you know, 'he who shall be not mentioned', left.

I'd say Poetry and Ghost Opera were pretty crap and Khan sang on both of those. These guys really should've called it quits after The Black Halo.
----
My one-man project's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/
03.03.2018 - 04:57
CWA

It pains me to say but this is simply a forgettable song.
03.03.2018 - 10:52
Enissa

Nothing special, but definitely better than the disaster I expected after those "teasers" they've been putting out. Actually, it's quite enjoyable.
03.03.2018 - 14:21
Kais

Written by Metren on 03.03.2018 at 00:29

Written by Kais on 02.03.2018 at 22:57

It's tragic how this band has devolved since, you know, 'he who shall be not mentioned', left.

I'd say Poetry and Ghost Opera were pretty crap and Khan sang on both of those. These guys really should've called it quits after The Black Halo.

I happen to find both Ghost Opera and PFTP very good albums in their own unique ways. I guess this is just my point of view.
03.03.2018 - 14:29
JoHn Doe

Not bad
wtf is "raven light"?

I'll listen to this album, just out of curiosity. I did not like the previous album.

I also did not like PftP. Oh well...
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
03.03.2018 - 14:51
Wiseman's Fear

I like it. The song does certainly sound as if it was done by the numbers, but I don't mind that. Veil of Elysium was the same, yet Haven was good.

By the way, Ghost Opera wasn't particularly interesting to me. Not because of Khan's vocals, but because of the songwriting. It's bland. Poetry at least tried to do something else.
03.03.2018 - 15:45
Kais

Written by Wiseman's Fear on 03.03.2018 at 14:51

Poetry at least tried to do something else.

Which is why I enjoyed that album, you could hear the effort and creativity they've had when entering that studio.
03.03.2018 - 17:19
Tatsella
Fangirl
IMO Ghost Opera was "something else". I think it's a great album when you're in right mood. One can't listen to Fourth Legacy and Karma everytime, sometimes needs something more melancholic. More symphonic and slower than ever before, Ghost Opera is right thing for it. Some experiments here: The Human Stain, for example, has some industrial influences. Also there's great lyrics like Anthem or Mourning Star or Up Through the Ashes.
Yes, poetic lyrics with actual meaning. Something that Kamelot is missing since 2012.
03.03.2018 - 19:11
Polaria

Well, this is what I kind of expected, that song could have as well been on Silverthorn or Haven. Another clone has been produced!
----
Life is all the pain we endeavour.
04.03.2018 - 08:35
SoUnDs LiKe PoP

The last great album this band put out was Ghost Opera IMO. Poetry was awful, Silverthorn was decent, and Haven had 2 or 3 good songs and the rest was filler. I will reserve judgment for this album, but needless to say, my expectations are low.
----
I lift weights and listen to metal
04.03.2018 - 18:31
Wow, this is really soulless.

Maybe it's time for them to Retire?

I do agree that it's first single material though, it hopefully it makes more context on the album.
05.03.2018 - 18:27
Nick Carter

God Tommy, get your ass back into Seventh Wonder and let these fossils dry by themselves.
----
#MetalIsForEveryone
06.03.2018 - 04:05
SoUnDs LiKe PoP

It's not bad, but it's not good. The definition of average.

Anyway... the next single/video is for a double-bass, more classic Kamelot sounding song. I've heard the chorus, and it's not bad. Nothing amazing, but better than this. The rest of the album will hopefully bring something new to the plate.
----
I lift weights and listen to metal
06.03.2018 - 15:07
Metren
Dreadrealm
Written by Nick Carter on 05.03.2018 at 18:27

God Tommy, get your ass back into Seventh Wonder and let this fossils dry by themselves.

+1 and +2 and +to infinity and beyond.
----
My one-man project's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/
06.03.2018 - 15:42
Mountain King
K i K o
Boring song and sounds the same as 10 songs they already released on the last 2 albums however, the guitar solo is good.

Hits total: 3598 | This month: 5