Metal Storm logo
The Best Prog Out There

My absolute favorite prog rock/metal albums. None of these are less than a 9/10 to my ears. No particular order.

Created by: Metren | 06.03.2018

Disclaimer: All top lists are unofficial and do not represent the point of view of the MS Staff.
[ More lists by Metren ]

Comments

‹‹ Back to Lists
Comments: 6   Visited by: 58 users
11.03.2018 - 13:07
BloodTears
ANA-thema
I see no bad albums on this. Approved!

I especially love Terria, Awake, Blackwater Park, Out Of Myself, Remedy Lane, Flight Of Fancy, Clutching At Straws, Lateralus... I could go on.

Also, a great start for people who want to see what prog is all about.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
11.03.2018 - 15:35
JoHn Doe

Nice list!

if I was to complain about something, it would be - one cannot name a list "best prog out there" and have no classic 70s prog.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
11.03.2018 - 16:25
Metren
Dreadrealm
Thanks to You both! Fixed (somewhat) the lack of classic prog by adding Jethro Tull and King Crimson. Since Yes, Genesis, Camel etc. don't have a profile on MS, I don't think there's a point in adding albums by them, though they are classics.
----
My one-man project's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/
11.03.2018 - 16:28
JoHn Doe

^ you can list whatever you want, we might be learning something from each other.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
11.03.2018 - 16:30
Metren
Dreadrealm
Written by JoHn Doe on 11.03.2018 at 16:28

^ you can list whatever you want, we might be learning something from each other.

Sure, thanks to you I remembered that Jethro Tull has a profile here
----
My one-man project's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/
08.11.2019 - 07:37
Lord Slothrop

Extra points for adding Tull.

Hits total: 1715 | This month: 7