Metal Storm logo
Hammerfall - Working On A Best Of Album

HammerFall has once again entered Mi Sueno Studios on Tenerife, to record some songs for the "Best of" album coming out in October. Follow their progress online at this location.

And according to a posting on that MySpace blog, "We're celebrating our ten-year anniversary as a record-releasing band in 2007, remember? We spent seven weeks or so here five years ago, recording "Crimson Thunder", and a fortnight for the mix of "Chapter V: Unbent, Unbowed, Unbroken", so it was a great pleasure to once again walk into the arms and home of the Deris (Andi - Helloween singer) family."

Source: hammerfall.net
Band profile: HammerFall
Posted: 07.05.2007 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 12   Visited by: 4 users
07.05.2007 - 12:27
Freedom4MySoul
Account deleted
yeaaaah that's great news my friend!!!
07.05.2007 - 12:57
APOHAKC
The Bard
Bah, who needs best of albums.
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
07.05.2007 - 13:23
iaberis
Advice Troll
Best of albums are bad! Just albums to earn more money... I disagree with this policy...

EDITED by mods: please refrain from using "gay" all the time.
----
Bitch! Please
07.05.2007 - 14:58
LeDruide

I dont like best of abums either, but recordings means tere will be unreleased songs or new recordings of old songs. Maybe it won't be so bad.
07.05.2007 - 15:05
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
Best album is not only for money... it's also for the new metalheads who want to hear the music of a band previously unknown, it's not so bad IMO
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
07.05.2007 - 15:17
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Written by Katatronik on 07.05.2007 at 15:05

Best album is not only for money... it's also for the new metalheads who want to hear the music of a band previously unknown, it's not so bad IMO

Best Of albums are useful with what you say. It depends on the way they do it too. Edenbridge have done it the best way, the got the fans to vote in their favourite two tracks off every album, therefore the most favoured two songs off every album become the BEST of, literally, with included unreleased tracks. Some time Best Of albums are poor, like Iron Maidens and Iced Earths for example, usually due to the label.
07.05.2007 - 15:31
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
Written by Dark Cornatus on 07.05.2007 at 15:17

Written by Katatronik on 07.05.2007 at 15:05

Best Of albums are useful with what you say. It depends on the way they do it too. Edenbridge have done it the best way, the got the fans to vote in their favourite two tracks off every album, therefore the most favoured two songs off every album become the BEST of, literally, with included unreleased tracks. Some time Best Of albums are poor, like Iron Maidens and Iced Earths for example, usually due to the label.

Absolutely agree with you, man.
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
07.05.2007 - 15:41
RhaegarTargaryen
Telcontar
Well if they choose song carefuly, put sone new song, maybe new version of old one, some cover songs and stuff like it, it can be good.
----
... For years I have traveled in coldness,
But my heart is warm as the darkened sun above me...
Nothing can never take away
What I've seen with these tired eyes
07.05.2007 - 23:33
Carrion
Account deleted
Blah, I am not into the best of albums. But still happy 10th anniversary.
09.05.2007 - 05:49
selken
Irreligious
"Best of" albums are for fake fans who don't enjoy the entire catalog of the band, I like every single song of HammerFall, they are great, but a best of album wouldn't be part of my collection.
However, maybe your record company can crack your balls if you don't release it, remember you signed there, and there, .......
----
13.05.2007 - 16:00
LeDruide

Taken from their website :
"The three songs currently being recorded on Tenerife are:

"Last Man Standing"
"Restless Soul"
"HammerFall v1.07"

They will appear on the October "Best of" compilation entitled "Steel Meets Steel - Ten Years of Glory", together with around 25 classic HF tracks celebrating the band's ten year anniversary. Release date: October 12th."

Well, seems like we'll have two new songs and a new version of a well-known one. And that title! This is for sure a true one
27.07.2007 - 07:58
MrEddieG

nah, I think 99% of Compilations are a waste of money and time

Hits total: 2435 | This month: 6