Metal Storm logo
The price of Oil

Original post

Posted by Lupas, 24.05.2006 - 22:48
For the last year the prize of oil has trippled and even more in it's prize.
Some give the reason of this due the instability in the oil company regions especial in Iran , Iraq and most Easian countries. This will effect the economy of the whole world.
Electrical bills , petrol and many items realted to the "black gold" are raiseing up to reach an unexplainable prizes. It is about time that our world do somthing about this . I never hope that one day the oil prizes will be back . It is the time to use energy beyound oil, like solar or wind energy. Not to mention the nuclear energy, but this one is more dangerous form of energy, although with modern technology , safety had much improve.
But still solar or wind energy are costly to produce energy. In this thread lets talk about , if its true or not that the oil prize is rasing cause of the instability in Iran or just an excuse to earn more money in the task of the oil company?
29.12.2008 - 18:57
Valentin B
Iconoclast
The price of oil is just momentarily taking a back seat. in 20-30 years most oil will be gone so that is why i'll be driving an electric car(or motorbike) for in-city travel, ride the train for small city to city distances and take the plane for long distances. exhausting, polluting, expensive and dangerous traditional fuel car trips? no fucking thanks!
29.12.2008 - 19:28
Stigmatized
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 29.12.2008 at 17:25

Written by LeChron James on 04.11.2008 at 20:02

Hooray for gas being below $3 a gallon for the first time in awhile. and i dont even drive.

Here you pay around 10 dollar per gallon so I really don't know why the Americans are crying about the oil price

I'm curious, how dependent are people there on cars and gas?
30.12.2008 - 05:05
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 29.12.2008 at 17:25

Written by LeChron James on 04.11.2008 at 20:02

Hooray for gas being below $3 a gallon for the first time in awhile. and i dont even drive.

Here you pay around 10 dollar per gallon so I really don't know why the Americans are crying about the oil price

because everyone here drives fat assssss SUV's and cars that get like 8 miles a gallon. but then again, its self inflicted and gas is cheap as fuck now (i dont know about over there) so no ones really complaining about gas anymore. now everyones bitching about the economy.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
31.03.2009 - 06:23
Jack the Riffer

Quote:
Quote:

because everyone here drives fat assssss SUV's and cars that get like 8 miles a gallon. but then again, its self inflicted and gas is cheap as fuck now (i dont know about over there) so no ones really complaining about gas anymore. now everyones bitching about the economy.

they raped the entire world and reaped huge profits and now its somehow considered cheap when its the same price it was. just wait until it runs out. won't be long now.
31.03.2009 - 14:03
kesh
Account deleted
Theres reportedly vast amounts of oil in Alaska, some say as much as the total reserves of even Saudi Arabia. It wont be as easy to extract, therefore alittle more expensive building the equipment and platforms, but it seems the US would rather use everyone else's first.

Oil's down because of the futures market, particularly around Chinese growth and production estimates. There economy isn't likely grow at the rate oil prices at one point indicated. So expect oil prices to rise once inflation picks up, which wont be for about 2 years.
13.09.2009 - 11:39
Nighthowls
Paratrooper
Something that tripps me out, How is it that Gasoline or if you're European Petrol prices and in general Crude prices keep dropping when there is less and less in the world by the second? how does this work?
14.10.2009 - 20:37
prk

Written by Guest on 31.03.2009 at 14:03

Theres reportedly vast amounts of oil in Alaska, some say as much as the total reserves of even Saudi Arabia. It wont be as easy to extract, therefore alittle more expensive building the equipment and platforms, but it seems the US would rather use everyone else's first.

Oil's down because of the futures market, particularly around Chinese growth and production estimates. There economy isn't likely grow at the rate oil prices at one point indicated. So expect oil prices to rise once inflation picks up, which wont be for about 2 years.

total proven reserves in the entire US are ~21 billion barrels, whereas saudi arabia has about 260 billion barrels proven reserve (although some people think the saudis inflate their own numbers)
----
well that's just like... your opinion, man...
20.10.2009 - 04:10
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Written by Nighthowls on 13.09.2009 at 11:39

Something that tripps me out, How is it that Gasoline or if you're European Petrol prices and in general Crude prices keep dropping when there is less and less in the world by the second? how does this work?
the most direct answer would be speculative fluctuations.
indirectly, more resources are being discovered by the minute while substitutes for oil keeps getting better and more cost efficient by the minute
----
loves 小巫