Metal Storm logo
Subterranean Masquerade - Announce New Line-Up

Israeli proggresive metallers Subterranean Masquerade have finally made it clear that Nowegian vocalist Kjetil Nordhus and drummer Matan Shmuely are no longer band members, and announced their replacements: drummer Yalon Schori and vocalist Davidavi Dolev (Omb, Reign Of The Architect). The reasons for the line-up change are Shmuely's responsibility and busy schedule with Orphaned Land and Nordhus' "private commitments and new plans with his re-united Green Carnation."

The full announcement reads: "Hello folks! As some of you have noticed, we went on our recent European tour with a lineup that is a little different than what we have on our albums. We welcomed the young and promising Yalon Schori on drums as Matan Or-El Shmuely, who also drums for Orphaned Land obviously couldn't do both shows every night and Davidavi Dolev took the clean vocal slot from Kjetil Nordhus who had other obligations, and has signaled it will be hard for him to follow up the future live ambitions of Subterranean Masquerade due to private commitments and new plans with his re-united Green Carnation. After 20 shows all over Europe and 25 days together, we have come to realize that we want to grow even stronger and tour more in support of our newest album Vagabond and future projects.

"So it is both with a heavy heart and a big smile that we can now announce the amicable departure of Matan Shmuely and Kjetil Nordhus from Subterranean Masquerade, to be replaced by Yalon Schori on drums and Vidi Dolev on clean vocals. We'd like to take this opportunity to thank Kjetil and Matan for their contribution to to the rebirth of Subterranean Masquerade as you know it to day and to wish them good luck in their future endeavors. Please join us in welcoming and wishing good luck to Vidi and Yalon!"

Even though Nordhus is leaving Subterranean Masquerade, this could be fantastic news for Green Carnation's future plans.

[Also thanks to MetalManic for sending in this news!]

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Subterranean Masquerade
Posted: 08.04.2018 by Kais

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 44 users
08.04.2018 - 13:50
Darkside Momo
Retired
elite
Yeah, neither Kjetil nor Matan were playing with them last month, so no surprise...
Anyway, Vagabond is nice and the show was good, so keep going guys!
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
10.04.2018 - 15:26
erat
I loved both of their 2005 and 2015 albums, haven't listened the most recent one yet. Curious about how this will change their sound.
----
Sick liaisons raised this monumental mark,
The sun sets forever over Blackwater Park!
12.04.2018 - 04:03
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
I'm more interested to hear what the hell is going on with Omb after seeing it mentioned!

Hits total: 1446 | This month: 5