Metal Storm logo
P.H.O.B.O.S. - To Release New Full-Length

Industrial doom metallers P.H.O.B.O.S. recently revealed the album artwork and other information pertaining to their upcoming release titled Phlogiston Catharsis, due out on Transcending Obscurity Records. This will be their fourth full-length.

Label owner Kunal Choksi states: "I'm ecstatic and overwhelmed to work with a band of the calibre of P.H.O.B.O.S.. It's extremely rare to find relentless and overlooked projects with that originality. Once a one-man operation for almost twenty years, this now multifaceted entity of perfectionists is back with a vengeance, and I wouldn't have it any other way. If in the past years we put out releases of Drug Honkey, then this year it will be P.H.O.B.O.S. that will keep high the torch of industrial black/doom metal, with their slab of sick atmospheres. Watch out for their upcoming release on Transcending Obscurity, which will for sure end up on several best of the year lists."

Artwork by Synckop ( Merzbow, Deafheaven, Neurosis, Isis)

Tracklist:

01. Biomorphorror
02. Igneous Tephrapotheosis
03. Zam Alien Canyons
04. Aurora Sulphura
05. Neurasthen Logorrh
06. Taqiyah Rhizom
07. Aljannashid
08. Smothered In Scoria

Total playing time: 47 min

Recorded and mixed by Frédéric Sacri at Sapel Lomor, mastered by Greg Chandler at Priory Recording Studios, Birmingham, UK ( Esoteric, Cruciamentum, Grave Miasma).

Source: tometal.com
Band profile: P.H.O.B.O.S.
Posted: 16.04.2018 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 35 users
16.04.2018 - 15:46
VIG
Account deleted
The cover art...

Mastered by Greg Chandler...

On Transcending Obscurity Records...

This is gonna be good
16.04.2018 - 16:58
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Doom AOTY, calling it now. Fite me

If anyone has any doubts that this thing is gonna blow the competition the fuck out of the water by the way, have a taste of the track Transcending Obscurity already released on their 2018 label sampler.
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
16.04.2018 - 19:57
InnerSelf
proofread free
The song they released is kicking my ass.
For further reference why Che's statement is 100% true, check VIG's comment.
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
16.04.2018 - 21:30
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Wow, the artwork is really great too apart from everything else that already seems to be in the perfectly right direction.
16.04.2018 - 23:57
solar

Mmm that sampler is very tasty Will be good to revisit P.H.O.B.O.S.
18.04.2018 - 11:16
Zap
Tasty track indeed, much better than what I remember this band to be, though I haven't listened to them much.
20.04.2018 - 21:07
mz

Yeah this is going to be an absoloute winner of an album.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
10.05.2018 - 23:49
Alakazam
spendin' cheese
Better get into them FASTOh hi Greg, I live near Priory Studios so thats nice, but not as nicer as the art and I haven't listened to them yet.
----
I may not have the largest collection but I certainly have the absolute best

Hits total: 1656 | This month: 7