Metal Storm logo
Soilwork - Begin Work On Brand New Album

Swedish metallers Soilwork have entered Nordic Sound Lab studios in Skara, Sweden, to begin recording their 11th album and follow-up to 2015's critically acclaimed The Ride Majestic. So, it's good news for their fans. The album will be the first to feature the addition of Bastian Thusgaard's (The Arcane Order, Dawn Of Demise) drumming. Thusgaard replaced longtime drummer Dirk Verbeuren in 2016, who left the band to join Megadeth.

Thusgaard comments: "I'm so proud of my achievements on this album. I was given a great amount of freedom both in writing and recording drum parts for it. Obviously, I wanted to honor the 'drum-vibe' that has developed in the band through time. At the same time, I'm very aware of the fact that I'm a different drummer than my predecessors. Something I really wanted to showcase by adding my own vibe to the band's sound."

Björn "Speed" Strid continues: "On this new album we have gone back to classic heavy metal basics but with a twist of our own legacy of sound, with soaring melancholic melodies at a sometimes furious tempo and great diversity. People will recognize the vibe that we've had on the latest 2 albums, but we feel that we've taken our sound even further, with more energy, darker elements but yet uplifting structure."

The band is joined in Skara by engineer and producer Thomas "Plec" Johansson (The Panic Room). The new album is scheduled to be released in the fall via Nuclear Blast Records.

Soilwork has shared some photos so far:

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Soilwork
Posted: 16.04.2018 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 49 users
16.04.2018 - 21:33
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Dirk will be missed.
16.04.2018 - 21:37
VikinkiQc

Great news ! They're in a good streak, IMO the last 2 albums were really good.
17.04.2018 - 00:12
MetalManic

What makes it Brand?
17.04.2018 - 00:17
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Bastian can sure play fast, but Dirk had a certain finesse that I doubt can be replaced. Here's hoping this guy has another side to him.

Hits total: 1765 | This month: 10