07. The Skin Thief
08. Darkness
09. The Magic Spider
10. Killing Time
11. Goblins

Staff review by
ScreamingSteelUS
Rating:
Humor plays a vital role in Nekrogoblikon's music, but the band has smartly avoided becoming a "joke band" reliant on image or yoked to one gimmick (self-deprecating compositions notwithstanding). Novelty has kept Nekrogoblikon alive, sure, but only in tandem with strong musical output like Stench and Power, and it's the failure to cultivate the musical side properly that made Heavy Meta a less impactful release than its predecessors. Welcome To Bonkers returns this green, pimply, slimy quintet to its Goblin Throne.

Read more ››
published 26.03.2018 | Comments (7)

Found in 7 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 4   Visited by: 185 users
19.04.2018 - 03:44
Rating: 7
Necrodamus

Last album was a tad better and more consistent in my opinion. This one tries too hard to attempt humor and I don't know if it really succeeds. It's catchy and there are some good riffs throughout, though.
Edit: I have returned to this album many times. After numerous listens I will say that it is indeed very good and better than their last, probably their best yet. The forced humor is just the band being the band. Solid, fun, addicting album.
25.04.2018 - 16:04
Rating: 9
Gurablashta

I really like the album. For some reason it reminds me of a thrashier, more goblin focused Powerglove, which just screams "FUN!"
09.05.2018 - 00:53
Rating: 6
DeathMetal

I wish they'd stop trying so hard to become a meme and just play some metal again.
25.05.2019 - 18:27
Rating: 7
tintinb

The folk elements in the band give it an impression to be of European descent rather than an American one. The music is definitely fun, vocals are thrashier and yeah some of the riffs are just pure gold.
----
Leeches everywhere.

Hits total: 4420 | This month: 14