Metal Storm logo
Raintime

10.05.2007 - 00:17
Nixx
Account deleted
I just felt that this band deserved it's own thread, feel free to express yourselves about this band. (in a mature way offcourse ;> )

(Their songs are a mix between Power and Death metal, but I think it's a bit more Death than Power in them, that's why I posted it in the "Extreme forum").

"Raintime is an Italian power metal band which was originally assembled in 1999. Their musical style also borrows elements from extreme metal, such as death growls and lower tuning of their instruments.
The band was initially significantly inspired by Dream Theater, and as such composed songs which leaned towards the progressive metal genre.

They then recorded an instrumental demo entitled Jump In the Past. Subsequent to the release, the band's original drummer quit, and Enrico Fabris joined the band to replace him. Also, Claudio Coassin, who had previously been on keyboards, switched to vocals. These changes prompted the band to develop their musical style towards power metal ? with extreme elements. With this new focus, the band recorded their debut album − Tales From Sadness in 2005. The band currently intends to release a second album in 2007. They are also scheduled to play on the ProgPower USA together with After Forever and Virgin Steele, and more."

albums: "Tales From Sadness" 2005
"Flies and Lies" 2007

Source: Wikipedia.

added a "proper source"
10.05.2007 - 01:15
APOHAKC
The Bard
Love this band, at least first album. First album is awesome, all songs are good, and few songs are really awesome. When I heard it, for me it was something new and fresh on metal scene, album was orginal. Especially ballad 'Chains Of Sadness', really love that song. Second album is big dissapointment for me, not a fan at all, I listen to it several times and I couldn't stand that sound. It is nothing new and I hated arrangments in that album. I just prefer first album..
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
10.05.2007 - 10:18
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Quite a nice name. And a mix of power and death? Whaaaaat?!

Must check that out when I get home. Added to favorites.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
10.05.2007 - 13:53
Nixx
Account deleted
Well the songs themselves aren't a mix, but their albums have for instance 50% songs that are really power inspired, and the other half melo death, atleast that's how I look at it.
(plus they have an awesome tribute of Michael Jacksons' "Bad" )
10.05.2007 - 17:35
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by Guest on 10.05.2007 at 13:53

Well the songs themselves aren't a mix, but their albums have for instance 50% songs that are really power inspired, and the other half melo death, atleast that's how I look at it.
(plus they have an awesome tribute of Michael Jacksons' "Bad" )

i hate that stupid cover...
In many fanzines and webzines they are described as Goth/Power, in some they are just power
----
10.05.2007 - 23:02
Nixx
Account deleted
@ Aronax
Well, it's all about personal taste mate
I don't see covers as something "serious", and I don't "judge them" as regular songs, I just listen to how the song would've been if it was metal, and laugh ^^

Covers of Pop-songs that is, not metal ones ;p

edit:
well, I never trust non-official fanzines (if those are not official we-pages), I go to Metal-archives.com, AND wikipedia most of the time, if those two are about equal, that's what I write

I'll edit the topic starter with some "wikipedia" ;<
11.05.2007 - 01:36
APOHAKC
The Bard
Yeah, I know, I don't take covers for serious.. But really hate this one and Britney spears cover by cob.
Anyway, I prefer Metal-Observer, Wikipedia and Metal-Archives can be good, but everyone can write there, even me lol
Anyway, I am glad there are more Raintime fans here
----
11.05.2007 - 02:14
Nixx
Account deleted
True, but I think the wikipedia source was "reliable" this time, 'cos this description really fits the band

and yeah, now I'll just start looking for some "From the Ashes" fans ;p