Label: Universal Music

Found in 11 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 9   Visited by: 203 users
04.05.2018 - 11:00
Rating: 9
yeah1980

I found out about this album thanks to some Michael Mills / Toehider post on Facebook saying he was singing on it.
I was lucky to buy it just after a few weeks.
The use of the "orchestra" is perfect, vocals are all great, lyrics sound very epic making a couple of choruses overwhelming, songwriting is original, the productiond clear and powerful.
The style is sometime close to Ayreon, the feeling of the album reminded me of Mechanical Poet's Woodland Prattlers marterpiece magic.
Symphony, progressiveness and a pinch of classic heavy metal vibes.
I hope this guys will keep doing what they do for longtime.
----
"Be water, my friend" (Bruce Lee)
26.07.2018 - 15:51
diamondblack

So far the best Prog Power Metal album of the Year! Masterpiece
15.02.2019 - 20:17
Amin

Totally underrated
just listen to duality
21.03.2019 - 23:29
Rating: 10
WojciechGra

Absolutely stunning record, so many great performances, the first few times listening to this were genuinely breathtaking, it really deserves more attention
01.08.2019 - 11:20
nonZero

Wow, how did this one slip through the MS net? This is easily the best album of 2018 for me.

While Symphonic metal is accurate, I would change Power metal to Progressive metal.
----
Top 500 Albums (ordered & rated)
Top 200 Overlooked Albums (with genres)
So I Heard You Like Wintersun... (Time II find new bands)
05.09.2019 - 17:37
yeah1980

Written by nonZero on 01.08.2019 at 11:20

Wow, how did this one slip through the MS net?

One of the best albums of 2018 for sure (just after Queen of Time and Firepower for me).

While Symphonic metal is accurate, I would change Power metal to Progressive metal.

I agree.
The previous album had "power vibes", that here have turned into "proggy ones".
----
"Be water, my friend" (Bruce Lee)
17.02.2020 - 21:41
Rating: 8
Rubenech

This album has been a huge surprise for me. I didn´t know anything of them before and I have to admit that they have an amazing feeling and ideas.

However I found the singer quite generic and boring. Something like Roy Khan would have fit perfectly here, it would have been an authentic masterpiece with a high end vocalist.

Finally I agree with the previous reply, I would change Power metal to Progressive.
26.10.2020 - 11:30
Rating: 8
Mountain King
K i K o
Giving it an 8 to support similar bands from Lebanon. Finally a band that can create some good quality metal, unlike the multiple doom/death/black/gothic bands from Leb that are really a pain to listen to.

The music and mainly the singer sounds like Zaher from Myrath in the more prog metal songs, while the slower ones sound sometimes like a light version of Ayreon.
What I like about this album are the oriental and different levant influences and the use of non-orthodox instruments (e.g. Oud) for metal music. However, what I am missing is the wow factor, some more power metal influences and some speed which keeps this album away from the top releases in the prog power genre. Somehow the band are either playing it safe or are trying to distance themselves from power metal and epicness. If the latter is the case then it's a pity, because the album is missing some energy. The solos are good especially when fused with oriental melodies however, the guitarist is capable of more, so give your all. One last thing that annoys me are the multiple stops and interludes.

Overall it's a great effort from Lebanon, and finally a step in the right direction for the country's metal scene.
11.04.2023 - 02:48
24emd
Theory Snob
Finally, some more proper symphonic metal. This is just proof of how fantastic the 'hits' can be in a hit and miss subgenre. Chock full of authentic and astounding symphonies, great guitar solos, different moods and atmospheres, with the powerful melodies just as a cherry on top. I enjoy the female vocalist's voice, but the male one bothers me a little for some reason. Hardly a gripe when the music is this enjoyable though.
Will definitely be giving this more spins in the future.
----
"I am too stupid to be human, and I lack common sense." - Proverbs 30:2
"Music? Well, it's just entertainment, folks!" - Devin Townsend

Best 2024 Albums

Hits total: 2797 | This month: 8