Metal Storm logo
Death Grips - New Song Online

San Francisco experimental band Death Grips is online with a new song from their upcoming Year Of The Snitch album, whose release date we have yet to hear of, but they did reveal the cover art. The track is called "Streaky" and you watch the video below.

Year Of The Snitch tracklist:

1. Death Grips Is Online
2. Flies
3. Black Paint
4. Linda's In Custody
5. The Horn Section
6. Ha Ha Ha
7. Shitshow
8. Streaky
9. Dilemma
10. Little Richard
11. The Fear
12. Outro
13. Disappointed

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Death Grips
Posted: 06.05.2018 by RaduP

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 19   Visited by: 76 users
06.05.2018 - 14:41
Sangre Sani

What in the hell.
06.05.2018 - 15:24
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Highly lacklustre song.
06.05.2018 - 16:25
Netzach
Planewalker
Surprisingly accessible and... not very interesting, sadly? Strange choice
06.05.2018 - 17:35
nikarg

Big pile of crap.
06.05.2018 - 23:16
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Big fat box of shit.
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
07.05.2018 - 01:28
IBlackened

Death Grips similar bands: Deathspell Omega, Death, Napalm Death, Death Angel. It's because they have "death" in their names, right?
----
Their old stuff is better.
07.05.2018 - 01:42
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by IBlackened on 07.05.2018 at 01:28

Death Grips similar bands: Deathspell Omega, Death, Napalm Death, Death Angel. It's because they have "death" in their names, right?

Well other sites list similar bands because they have the same genre tag and are from the same country, so...
----
- Reimu Hakurei
07.05.2018 - 02:43
IBlackened

Written by Karlabos on 07.05.2018 at 01:42

Well other sites list similar bands because they have the same genre tag and are from the same country, so...

What's really strange is that similar bands seems to be chosen by user's suggestions. Are people voting for that?
----
07.05.2018 - 02:47
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by Netzach on 06.05.2018 at 16:25

Surprisingly accessible and... not very interesting, sadly? Strange choice

My thoughts as well, this is actually quite boring for Death Grips, which is rare. I'm staying hype for the full album though. Their style variates quite a bit among the tracks of just single releases alone so I doubt this is in any way indicative of what the whole thing will sound like.
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
07.05.2018 - 09:08
Netzach
Planewalker
Written by Auntie Sahar on 07.05.2018 at 02:47

My thoughts as well, this is actually quite boring for Death Grips, which is rare. I'm staying hype for the full album though. Their style variates quite a bit among the tracks of just single releases alone so I doubt this is in any way indicative of what the whole thing will sound like.

Yes, maybe it will fit better as a part of the whole, haven't heard any new tracks except this one, but "Steroids" was awesome so was hoping for something in that vein.
07.05.2018 - 18:18
FYA
Destroyer
The fuck is it doing here? Who let it happen?
07.05.2018 - 19:32
Netzach
Planewalker
Written by FYA on 07.05.2018 at 18:18

This band has got quite a few fans among the users here.

The big question is what the hell Death Grips are doing, their latest album was dope. This, not so much.

*whispers madly into new album's ears: "please don't suck please don't suck" *
08.05.2018 - 22:01
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by FYA on 07.05.2018 at 18:18

The add was part of this year's April Fools prank. If you'd like to point a finger of blame, myself and a disciple were the primary conspirators. It just fit: Death Grips being as goofy and surreal as they are, them having a pretty significant following among some regular users here, being a pretty metallic, industrial-ish hip hop group to begin with, etc. After the fact, several other MS Towers people became more open to the idea of keeping them on site, albeit under the invisible status, so.... looks like they're here to stay. Being blunt, I really don't see it as a huge deal, as MS is certainly a more open ended metal site with regards to how hard we stretch the confines of metal for band admissions (I mean look at GY!BE and Swans being on here for instance). I would certainly prefer us to remain like that than descend into the opposite, ie Metal Archives type narrowness and genre elitism.

Also not that you asked, but to answer someone above, yes, the similar bands who all have "death" in their names were added as part of the prank
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
08.05.2018 - 22:07
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Auntie Sahar on 08.05.2018 at 22:01

It just fit: Death Grips being as goofy and surreal as they are, them having a pretty significant following among some regular users here, being a pretty metallic, industrial-ish hip hop group to begin with, etc. After the fact, several other MS Towers people became more open to the idea of keeping them on site, albeit under the invisible status, so.... looks like they're here to stay. Being blunt, I really don't see it as a huge deal, as MS is certainly a more open ended metal site with regards to how hard we stretch the confines of metal for band admissions (I mean look at GY!BE and Swans being on here for instance). I would certainly prefer us to remain like that than descend into the opposite, ie Metal Archives type narrowness and genre elitism.

I am waiting for a Dälek addition now.
----
- Reimu Hakurei
08.05.2018 - 22:27
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by Karlabos on 08.05.2018 at 22:07

Wouldn't be adverse to that either
----

~ II. VII
10.05.2018 - 16:38
IBlackened

Written by Auntie Sahar on 08.05.2018 at 22:01

The add was part of this year's April Fools prank. If you'd like to point a finger of blame, myself and a disciple were the primary conspirators. It just fit: Death Grips being as goofy and surreal as they are, them having a pretty significant following among some regular users here, being a pretty metallic, industrial-ish hip hop group to begin with, etc. After the fact, several other MS Towers people became more open to the idea of keeping them on site, albeit under the invisible status, so.... looks like they're here to stay. Being blunt, I really don't see it as a huge deal, as MS is certainly a more open ended metal site with regards to how hard we stretch the confines of metal for band admissions (I mean look at GY!BE and Swans being on here for instance). I would certainly prefer us to remain like that than descend into the opposite, ie Metal Archives type narrowness and genre elitism.

Also not that you asked, but to answer someone above, yes, the similar bands who all have "death" in their names were added as part of the prank

Oh, now I get it. Thanks. About Metal Archives, I never understood their double standard. Bands like Mnemic are not allowed, but there are a lot of Dark Ambient artists there.
----
10.05.2018 - 17:01
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Auntie Sahar on 08.05.2018 at 22:27

Written by Karlabos on 08.05.2018 at 22:07

Wouldn't be adverse to that either

It just makes sense. The metal community seems to approve it and they even released an album via an actual metal label. As did Perturbator and Gost.
----
- Reimu Hakurei
14.05.2018 - 03:52
Joe Zombie

Wow. Pretty poopy.
15.05.2018 - 04:30
Balinus
Account deleted
How did Death Grips make it to Metalstorm I'd like to know. It's not like they sound like Anaal Nathrakh. Anyway, I like DG, specially the song Lord of the Game.

Hits total: 2941 | This month: 6