Metal Storm logo
Leah - Announce New Album, Crowdfunding Campaign

Canadian band Leah has announced a new "Celtic fantasy metal album" and launched its crowdfunding campaign as usual for an independent effort's release and distribution. Titled The Quest, the album's cover art made by Jan Yrlund of Darkgrove Studios and the tracklist have already been revealed.

In addition to Leah's own vocals, keys, and orchestrations on The Quest, the album will feature an impressive international cast of guest musicians - including Troy Donockley of Nightwish on pipes and flutes, Barend Courbois of Blind Guardian on bass guitar, Timo Somers of Delain on rhythm and lead guitars, Sander Zoer formerly of Delain on drums and percussion and Chen Balbus of Orphaned Land on Middle Eastern Saz and Oud. The album will feature mixing and mastering from Jacob Hansen (Volbeat, Epica, Amaranthe), as well as orchestration, arrangement and production from Oliver Philipps (Everon, Phantasma, Delain).

"I am totally delighted to work with the guest musicians on this album. Each and every individual is an expert at what they do, and I only wanted the best for these songs, as we were developing toward a very specific sound, which was a rock/metal album with a Celtic and fantasy twist," says Leah. "This album was truly an international effort!"

Tracklist:

01. The Quest
02. Edge of Your Sword
03. Lion Arises
04. Heir
05. Ruins of Illusion
06. Labyrinth
07. Abyss
08. Oblivion (Between Two Worlds)
09. Ghost Upon a Throne
10. The Water Is Wide

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Leah
Posted: 23.05.2018 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 62 users
23.05.2018 - 15:49
mariano

Nice cover, great collaborations and it seems production will be addressed accordingly this time... it all sounds really promising.
23.05.2018 - 17:04
SoUnDs LiKe PoP

Looking forward to this. Leah is one of the few interesting, non-generic sounding "bands" in this genre today. Tbh, I think I prefer her purely celtic songs over her metal ones.
----
I lift weights and listen to metal
23.05.2018 - 17:50
I Am Cool

Didn't really put much thought into their name, heh

Hits total: 2323 | This month: 8