Metal Storm logo
The Sex Pistols

Original post

Posted by , 25.05.2006 - 01:59
Anyone like The Sex Pistols? What do you think about them, and what are your favourite songs? Why do you like/dislike them? Have any of you seen "The Filth And The Fury"?

Everything about The Sex Pistols can be discussed here.
27.09.2007 - 03:16
The_Agony_Scene
Account deleted
man,the sex pistols are rad.love em for sure.they got a sweet vocal sound like the dead kennedys.and some wildly original songs.
10.01.2008 - 14:20
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Guest on 27.09.2007 at 03:16

man,the sex pistols are rad.love em for sure.they got a sweet vocal sound like the dead kennedys.and some wildly original songs.

Ya i agree with you.. The Sex Pistols are just Awesome. That Lonely Album (Nevermind the bolloks here's the sex pistols) is a little perfection. Songs Like Anarchy in the UK, God Save the Queen, Bodies and Pretty Vacant... makes that album a ''Must'' for all Punks lover.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
17.01.2008 - 07:32
Number Juan

I've said this in other message boards and I still think that the Sex Pistols are, next to Nirvana, the most overrated band in rock history. They had ONE album. One fucking album which was crap. If you are going to base your legacy of off one album, it better be a fucking combination of Zeppelin IV, Paranoid, Heaven and Hell and Appetite for Destruction toppled with the second coming of Jesus Christ.

The members also had little talent. Johnny Rotten couldn't sing for shit. Sid Vicious was a hack who could not play bass to save his life. Topple this with the fact that they were put together like a fucking boy band. I rest my case.
----
A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. - Bertrand Russell
17.01.2008 - 10:13
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Number Juan on 17.01.2008 at 07:32

I've said this in other message boards and I still think that the Sex Pistols are, next to Nirvana, the most overrated band in rock history. They had ONE album. One fucking album which was crap. If you are going to base your legacy of off one album, it better be a fucking combination of Zeppelin IV, Paranoid, Heaven and Hell and Appetite for Destruction toppled with the second coming of Jesus Christ.

The members also had little talent. Johnny Rotten couldn't sing for shit. Sid Vicious was a hack who could not play bass to save his life. Topple this with the fact that they were put together like a fucking boy band. I rest my case.

Sorry man Nirvana was more overated Sex Pistols realised only one album and its still famouse, but imagine how much sucky albums has realised Helloween and other poiwer bands and still sucked
Sex Pistols are unique bands and Nacy didnt kill sid but Kortney bitch kill Kurt, I think metal whit out gropies and girl friends be much better
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
18.01.2008 - 00:24
Number Juan

Written by Bad English on 17.01.2008 at 10:13

Sorry man Nirvana was more overated Sex Pistols realised only one album and its still famouse, but imagine how much sucky albums has realised Helloween and other poiwer bands and still sucked
Sex Pistols are unique bands and Nacy didnt kill sid but Kortney bitch kill Kurt, I think metal whit out gropies and girl friends be much better

I disagree, man. I just get tired of hearing people claiming the Sex Pistols were special. Yeah, they were very popular but so were the backstreet boys. I also think it is a crime to put the Sex Pistols together with the Ramones and The Clash, which actually put out great albums FOR YEARS. I don't think is fair to put real pioneers together with the Sex Pistols. Also, there is no evidence to suggest Courtney Cox killed Burt Cocaine, as much as I don't like her. Plus, I just see Sid Vicious and Nancy whatheverhernameis like one of these celebrity couples of today, though I agree rock and metal would be better of without this celebrity girlfriend types.

By the way, save for Chameleon and Pink Bubbles, Helloween has actually put out a very solid discography. Much better than the Sex Pistols in my opinion.
----
A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. - Bertrand Russell
18.01.2008 - 00:26
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Ramons was diferent thay was simple, The Clshw a slil inteelctual punks but Sex Pistols wa sprimitiv
----

apos;'
[image]
22.01.2008 - 08:41
deadset61
Account deleted
I like the Sex Pistols and I think they are a good punk band, but I heard the newly recorded version of Anarchy in the UK the other day and it was very dissapointing.
04.02.2008 - 00:26
Darky
Account deleted
I dont know why most of the people I know dont like them. I actually really like them.. and why doesnt anyone like Sid?
30.03.2009 - 04:54
Crimson Lily
Account deleted
Sex Pistols are one of my favorite (punk) bands ever and Johnny Rotten is one of my all-time idols alongside Mark Twain and Bill Hicks ans some others, but that's for another topic. Now for their music. When I was a kid, my dad introduced me to them, I didn't quite get it then .Then later I remember seeing a picture of Sid in a Slovene magazine and I was intrigued. That's when it all started. I learned about them and began to love them. I've loved them from then on. I think they're one of the best bands ever, their music is simply timeless. In fact, I bought their greatest hits records just a few weeks ago (I've had their CD before but as always I lost it). Yes,like I said, my dad was a fan as well, so one day he bought us ''The Filth and The Fury''. I don't remember much about it anymore,we lost the DVD too, but I remember I started liking Johnny when I found out he was a bookworm, like me in that documentary. I then watched some interviews with him on youtube and agreed with everything he said, and after more research he definitely earned a place among my all-time idols. So the music is pure genius IMO and the people behind it (especially Johnny for me) are amazing. Love love love and um,love 'em!
06.05.2009 - 09:29
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by Guest on 30.03.2009 at 04:54

Yes,like I said, my dad was a fan as well, so one day he bought us ''The Filth and The Fury''. I don't remember much about it anymore,we lost the DVD too, but I remember I started liking Johnny when I found out he was a bookworm, like me in that documentary. I then watched some interviews with him on youtube and agreed with everything he said, and after more research he definitely earned a place among my all-time idols. So the music is pure genius IMO and the people behind it (especially Johnny for me) are amazing. Love love love and um,love 'em!

i got a free trial, on-demand, of one of those HBO-type cable channels that require a monthly fee. Amongst a bunch of crap, they had "The Filth and the Fury" - never did get to finish it, as, conveniently, the cable went out during hte middle of our free weekend, but i caught the first 30-40 minutes. good stuff which counters the "They are a prefab band!" crap.

also funny to think of a young Johnny Rotten sitting around and listening to, and singing along to Alice Cooper songs with his mum.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
29.08.2016 - 11:09
Metren
Dreadrealm
Putting aside all the controversies, the scandals, the sacking of Glen and the addition of the talentless bum Simon Ferocious (thumbs up to you, if you get that), all the drama with running from company to company, putting all that aside and looking at nothing, but the music, I have to - and want to - say that The Sex Pistols were simply an outstanding group of musicians. Glen and Steve in particular were amazing songwriters, they pretty much defined "less is more", when it came to rock music. Rotten's lyrics were equally great and his delivery of them was simply brilliant. Nevermind The Bollocks is and always will be one of the greatest albums of all time and it's an album that I enjoy even more than 90 % of the albums released by my favorite prog musicians, whom most people would probably consider far superior musicians. IDK... I guess sometimes raw in-your-face energy combined with simple melodies can and does result in amazing music.

To make a long story short: love The Sex Pistols in their original line-up, love Nevermind The Bollocks.
----
My one-man project's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/
29.08.2016 - 11:17
Metren
Dreadrealm

Funny you mention Johnny (who was taking the piss with his singing in a brilliant way and didn't need to be Freddy Mercury-style vocal god in order to get the listeners pumped) and Sid (who was in hospital during recordings), but completely ignore Glen, Paul and Steve, all of whom could play their instruments pretty damn well by the time they begun recording their album. If you think Steve Jones had no skill or talent, then try to play the solo from God Save The Queen right now. Use tabs, look at tutorials and I will bet you, you still won't be able to pull that solo off perfectly without rehearsing for days or even weeks. Also, does the genesis of a band actually matter at all, if the band writes all their own material? I mean, I don't know much about boy bands, but I don't think that's the case with most of them.
----
My one-man project's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/
28.01.2023 - 20:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Sex Pistols’ Glen Matlock on touring with Blondie and new album Consequences Coming

https://virginradio.co.uk/music/92269/sex-pistols-glen-matlock-on-touring-with-blondie-and-new-album-consequences-coming

Consequences Coming" track listing:

01. Head On A Stick
02. Consequences Coming
03. Magic Carpet Ride
04. Speaking In Tongues
05. Shine Off Your Shoes
06. Constant Craving
07. Step In The Right Direction
08. Something 'Bout The Weekend
09. This Empty Heart
10. Face In A Crowd
11. Tried To Tell You
12. Can't Be Myself With You
13. This Ship

Actually even its not punk but some kind rockability song I do like it in some way hhehehehhee
----

apos;'
[image]