Metal Storm logo
Anacrusis

Original post

Posted by , 25.05.2006 - 03:50
Anacrusis was a lost classic in the progressive thrash metal genre...their most memorable albums are Manic Impressions and Screams and Whispers...their first two albums, Suffering Hour and Reason, are pretty sloppy thrash releases...DRUMMER CHAD SMITH IS NOT CHAD SMITH FROM THE RED HOT CHILLI PEPPERS...just thought I'd say that...

Anyway, there are some Anacrusis fans on MS, I know...where are you?
29.10.2006 - 23:54
Fear Of God
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 23.06.2006 at 16:49

Anacrusis was arguably the most original thrash band that the United States has ever seen. They were a truly special band. Each album was different from the one that came before it, climaxing in the amazing Screams and Whispers. They were on Metal Blade records here in the U.S., but apparently the label didn't seem to do too much to help the band get the recognition that they deserved. They weren't and still aren't the most accessible band out there, but that should just raise their appeal even more to anyone who's looking for something truly original and truly groundbreaking.

I was searching for some words to start my post, but let me just agree with yours
30.11.2006 - 20:48
Markku
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 21.06.2006 at 10:07

What do you guys think is the band most like Anacrusis?

You might try Threinody form India, though it's kind of hard to find anyting from them.
30.11.2006 - 20:51
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 30.11.2006 at 20:48

Written by Guest on 21.06.2006 at 10:07

What do you guys think is the band most like Anacrusis?

You might try Threinody form India, though it's kind of hard to find anyting from them.

confusing name because there is also a better known Threnody from the Netherlands that plays technical death metal
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

10.12.2006 - 21:55
Markku
Account deleted
There's an old Ancrusis interview posted to youtube. It can also be seen from their official website but it's in real player there
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7-agtAaRUc
25.12.2006 - 22:14
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
How I didnt saw this tread earlyer
I love this band I had all albums, + demo and live songs in My PC check HP there are dounlouds realy great band and I love it, its well I like it better how Atheist, Chynic but I dunno what I liek betetr them or Sadus

I hawnt lsiten them so deep how other bands but what I had hear I love

Its one of nwest bands in my colection
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
06.03.2007 - 16:08
Antisocial
Account deleted
Oh yes, Anacrusis is from my hometown of St. Louis! Great band. I believe I'm the one who posted that interview of them on youtube.
08.03.2007 - 02:50
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I love their debut album, Suffering Hour, and their follow up album is also really good, but I don't care much for their last two releases. Their first album reminds me of Death Angel, mostly because of the high shrieks.
18.05.2008 - 21:38
Markku
Account deleted
No activity in this thread
Then its up to me again.

A's website packed its bags an hit the road a while ago, it has resettled now at this address:
www.anacrusis.us

Besides all the old the old stuff you can find remastered Manic Impressions and an albumfull of songs from Kenn Nardi's new project Cruel April
30.06.2008 - 21:41
Markku
Account deleted
And check out the videos available in youtube, lots of live recordings and some other stuff. All of which uploaded by none else than Ken Nardi himself.
01.07.2008 - 12:18
Candlemass
Defaeco
Wow wow...
What a band. A milestone in Thrash Metal.
They write some amazing original material.
02.07.2008 - 05:24
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Ken Nardi has a new project? Didn't Anacrusis break up because of musical indifference from him with the music industry? Shit, if he's back at it then he should get the other members going again and reform Anacrusis because they sure as hell would like to...
02.07.2008 - 11:41
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Holy crap. I have just listened to Screams and Whispers and I am listening to it right now. What an album! I listened to Suffering Hour a week ago, and I didn't like it that much. But this one is just so original. I wonder who performs the key parts. There is no one mentioned in their line-up on MS.

So I have downloaded all the albums from their website, but two songs won't download, namely Misshapen Intent of Reason and Dream Again of Maniac Impressions. Does anybody know where I can get those songs? Could anybody upload them somewhere, please?
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
03.07.2008 - 04:43
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
If I had wireless internet working on my laptop I would give the album to you...I'll see what I can do in the meantime though for you...
25.07.2008 - 18:24
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
People, check out the new design of the band's website. There seems to be some activity. Also read this.
----
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

26.07.2008 - 00:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Thay dont alove anymore download albums from home page
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
26.07.2008 - 22:30
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by Bad English on 26.07.2008 at 00:02

Thay dont alove anymore download albums from home page

yes, they do.
----
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

28.07.2008 - 04:49
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
It's nice to see that Nardy remastered Manic Impressions and recorded an album in 2006...that's news to me...their website is really well done too...

Hopefully, the next thing on that website will be news that Anacrusis has got back together and are recording a new album and hope to tour across North America haha...
09.06.2009 - 04:06
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
22.06.2009 - 18:50
Markku
Account deleted
Written by Introspekrieg on 09.06.2009 at 04:06

Anacrusis returns! http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=117321

I'll be damned! I never believed that this can actually happen.

Ken Nardi is also uploading lots Anacrusis and Anacrusis-related videos to youtube. There's a now a set of 1993 interviews there and songs from other bans he has worked with; those who enjoyed the atmospheric side of Anacrusis might find Tribes With Knives worth a listening.
26.06.2009 - 06:45
Galar
Wicked Mung
Screams and Whispers is one of the best ever, mad props to a great band! wish they were still around
----
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID, SUCK A DICK
26.06.2009 - 07:07
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
They are still around if there is a compilation album with their grestest hits...who knows, they might make a comeback...
12.08.2009 - 16:49
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I still don't get why Anacrusis fans don't talk about Suffering Hour more often. It's easily my favorite and practically every track on that album is a thrash classic
17.08.2009 - 09:54
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by Dangerboner on 12.08.2009 at 16:49

I still don't get why Anacrusis fans don't talk about Suffering Hour more often. It's easily my favorite and practically every track on that album is a thrash classic

I don't know... It kinda gets a bit boring towards the end.
----
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

17.08.2009 - 14:44
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Dangerboner on 12.08.2009 at 16:49

Cause it's actually quite boring and a bit generic as well. Anacrusis really started coming into their own sound a bit on Reason but fully on Manic Impressions and Scream & Whispers. Those two albums are the truly one of a kind Anacrusis as I have come to love them.
Suffering Hour is fun to listen to from time to time but that's it.
Suffering Hour is to me for Anacrusis as R.I.P. is for Coroner
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

18.08.2009 - 09:10
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
For me, Anacrusis slowly got more boring from album to album. Assuming I downloaded/burned them correctly, their first album blows my mind, their second is pretty good, and Manic Impressions bores the hell out of me. After hearing their third album, I didn't bother with their last. But, I only listened to the other two once, so maybe they'll grow on me later. I'm a little too drunk atm (and I still have 24 oz of malt liquor left, haha!) to figure out if I brought the correct CD binder to work with me, but if I find one of their CD-R's I'll try to look into it better

Suffering Hour actually reminds me of some Death Angel, especially those crazy high screams
18.08.2009 - 10:32
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Wow, actually their last album (Screams and Whispers) is their best for me. It's just an epitome of Progressive Thrash.
----
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

19.08.2009 - 23:45
Iceland_Norway

This Band I listened to the two albums and I found them excellent Thrash metal
----
Føroyar mítt land

Tú alfagra land mítt

Føroyar mín Móðir
21.05.2010 - 22:27
Hellish Star

Re-recordings of the first two albums are just awesome!

Saw them at KIT fest and they still kick ass! Can't wait for a new album!!!!
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
21.05.2010 - 22:40
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Hellish Star on 21.05.2010 at 22:27

I still need to get hold of those re-recordings.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

22.05.2010 - 00:34
Hellish Star

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 21.05.2010 at 22:40

Written by Hellish Star on 21.05.2010 at 22:27

I still need to get hold of those re-recordings.

Only 15 dollars at CD-baby...
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm