Metal Storm logo
Behemoth - Tease New Album

Behemoth have started the teasing campaign ahead of the release of their new album. The Polish black/death metallers will hit the road across North America to headline the Ecclesia Diabolica America 2018 tour and release their new record via Metal Blade Records (North America) / Nuclear Blast (Europe) this fall. Today the band has released a cover artwork of frontman Nergal crucified and the cryptic title GOD=DOG but haven't revealed if it's the final album cover, title, potential single or any other details. Let the speculation begin.

We should find out more about the new album soon!

Photo by Sylwia Makris - Fine Art Photography

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Behemoth
Posted: 25.07.2018 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 35   Visited by: 296 users
25.07.2018 - 22:11
Isalith
I really hate that showmanship that Nergal is persuing at the moment. It's cringy as fuck and doesn't suit the band by any means.
25.07.2018 - 22:25
Daniell
_爱情_
elite
Written by Isalith on 25.07.2018 at 22:11

I really hate that showmanship that Nergal is persuing at the moment. It's cringy as fuck and doesn't suit the band by any means.

You're right. But it gets him a lot of publicity and that's what he's shooting for.
25.07.2018 - 23:08
IBlackened
GOD=DOG? Really? That's something I would expect from Manson.
----
Their old stuff is better.
25.07.2018 - 23:33
Lord Slothrop
Written by IBlackened on 25.07.2018 at 23:08

Yeah, when I first read that I was wondering if Nergal thinks that's profound. Seems more like something a 15 year old would write. Unless I'm missing the point, of course.
25.07.2018 - 23:45
Hellcult
Finally!
Gr8 news 😁
----
And I see the blade fall down upon the head of lord in heaven
And Darkness falls upon the end of history
While I drink the milk of the Black Goddess and cry over the mankind

Black Moses is my name...
26.07.2018 - 00:10
VIG
Account deleted

Not that Manson is really bad, I really like him, but I 100% agree, it's a really dumb name for Behemoth.
26.07.2018 - 00:13
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Whatever
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
26.07.2018 - 02:48
Rapid Fire
Title and showmanship are no matters for me (not that I love them either) while they keep releasing excellent albums, as they've been doing for a long while now.
----
Twelve voices were shouting in anger, and they were all alike. The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
26.07.2018 - 11:01
cossaisVendeurs

He just watched The Inbetweeners Movie.
26.07.2018 - 12:17
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
Behemoth is always going for shock value and I'm guessing if this is final album cover, they will have some problems with the Christian imagery.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
26.07.2018 - 13:05
Hellcult
Written by BloodTears on 26.07.2018 at 12:17

Behemoth is always going for shock value and I'm guessing if this is final album cover, they will have some problems with the Christian imagery.

Exactly!
----
And I see the blade fall down upon the head of lord in heaven
And Darkness falls upon the end of history
While I drink the milk of the Black Goddess and cry over the mankind

Black Moses is my name...
26.07.2018 - 14:24
Mercurial
I like the artwork.
26.07.2018 - 15:31
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
I wish they would go for the music, rather than shock value. Anti-christian imagery is already outdated. How about anti-Islam? Got some balls there Nergal? Or Islam is haram, covered by political correctness within the cultural-marxist theory book for dummies as it is in most Western European countries?
26.07.2018 - 17:32
s_t_s
Written by ManiacBlasphemer on 26.07.2018 at 15:31

I wish they would go for the music, rather than shock value. Anti-christian imagery is already outdated. How about anti-Islam? Got some balls there Nergal? Or Islam is haram, covered by political correctness within the cultural-marxist theory book for dummies as it is in most Western European countries?

Sure that would be something more dangerous than spitting on powerless christian religion. Anyway I don't care much about artwork nor title (even though god=dog is plain crap) but I expect more quality releases in the vein or their latest.
26.07.2018 - 19:17
barnesy
Written by Mercurial on 26.07.2018 at 14:24

I like the artwork.

I do too. The DOG=GOD thing is bordering on childish, but this picture is cool.
27.07.2018 - 00:59
"and otto is OTTO, backwards".
27.07.2018 - 01:54
IBlackened
I'm not criticizing Nergal for trying to shock people. Extreme metal in general tries to do that all the time. I'm just saying that, like many others here, it seems really childish this time. It's something that would sound edgy to a teenager. But considering he's polish, just like I recently commented on a Decapitated news, that may get him some controversy.
----
27.07.2018 - 02:45
Traezeus
As far as the Behemoth image and controversy; I could give a fuck less.

As far as Behemoth's content; I was pleasantly surprised by The Satanist and I'm curious to hear what this (poorly titled) album sounds like.
27.07.2018 - 03:22
Traezeus
Written by s_t_s on 26.07.2018 at 17:32

Written by ManiacBlasphemer on 26.07.2018 at 15:31

Sure that would be something more dangerous than spitting on powerless christian religion. Anyway I don't care much about artwork nor title (even though god=dog is plain crap) but I expect more quality releases in the vein or their latest.

Sorry for the double post, but I simply can't let this nonsense go by without commenting.

Disclaimer: I am not religious in any way, but the point you've made is ridiculous.

What do you define as power? How could a "powerless" religion be largely responsible for the formation and development of Western civilization and culture?

Do you truly believe that Christianity has not made a huge impact on this world, and continues to? What rock are you living under?

Just because something conflicts with your belief or value systems does not mean you should attack it senselessly. Christianity has influence (albeit less now than prior eras), and influence is power. Please wake up.

Almost all western civilizations, including France, were shaped by Judeo-Christian principles. That's right: Judeo-CHRISTIAN. Hence why Nergal is targeting Christianity - it's something that "strikes home" for him. At the end of the day, I can't justify his outright despise for the religion myself, but I at least get the point. I really can't believe he's strictly looking for shock factor. It appears to me that he really despises Christianity in particular, as a personal matter. And even with all the contempt for it, he's never been silly enough to call it "powerless".

Unless you have a better argument or want to clarify your previous statement, this is my point, and I'm standing by it.
27.07.2018 - 20:38
s_t_s
Christianity may have had some influence back in the Middle Ages when they killed and tortured thousands of unbelievers or so called witches but luckily enough (YES !) today this religion is nothing more than shadow stained by the unbearable shameful wealth of Vatican covering pedos within their own ranks. Hope I made my statement clear enough
27.07.2018 - 20:42
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
If you are working with square matrices G, O and D over a commutative ring, then GOD = DOG, yes...
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
28.07.2018 - 05:14
Traezeus
Written by s_t_s on 27.07.2018 at 20:38

Christianity may have had some influence back in the Middle Ages when they killed and tortured thousands of unbelievers or so called witches but luckily enough (YES !) today this religion is nothing more than shadow stained by the unbearable shameful wealth of Vatican covering pedos within their own ranks. Hope I made my statement clear enough

Yes, you certainly made it clear that you hate Christianity more than Nergal and that you're ignorant as can be
28.07.2018 - 19:30
IBlackened

I really wish I could say that, but unfortunately cristianity is still quite influential in my country.
----
30.07.2018 - 11:44
Daniell
_爱情_
elite

Maybe the statement is clear, but it's also wrong. Christianity is still extremely influential, unfortunately.
30.07.2018 - 12:18
Dark Forever
Ruído Sonoro
GOD=DOG? This is what comes to mind:

Fun fact: that song is called "Fire Cow"
----
Taste the DARK...
... and you'll live FOREVER!
30.07.2018 - 18:15
s_t_s
Written by Traezeus on 28.07.2018 at 05:14

Yes, you certainly made it clear that you hate Christianity more than Nergal and that you're ignorant as can be

"God Bless America" says it all ! Hello to the country of freedom ha ha !
31.07.2018 - 17:17
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight

Christianity has tremendous influence even today, albeit it has come under attack by marxists and is weakening in the Western countries (thus indirectly causing their demise as it leaves a vacuum that is replaced by other, more dangerous religions and philosophies). Even the school of thoughts that advocated secularism, separation of church from state, human rights and other major moral achievements of humanity were directly or indirectly influenced by the moral code of the Judeo-Christian theology, particularly the statement that separates Gods right from Caesar's right (separating earthly affairs from God's will).

We can all accuse Christianity for its past experiences where it went down the rail, but much of that was the personal ambitions of individuals seeking lands, riches, power and influence. What we have to combat is not Christianity, but the possibility of some sick individuals to actually use these ideas for personal gain, or interpret them for their own interest. Unlike other religions, Christianity managed to reform itself at a very early stage. There is a reason why the Western civilization was developed in a society influenced by the Judeo-Christian belief and not in an Islamic, Buddhist, Confucian or other major religion.

For a big part of my life I was a mindless atheist who bashed Christianity for no reason. Until I actually matured, traveled a lot, spoke with a lot of people and realized that Christianity may not be perfect, but it is better than other alternatives and surely much better than where the Western civilization is heading towards today, self-destructing itself by denying its past and legacy. And I come from a country that actually experienced a form of scientific atheism, which did more harm than good on the long run, as it perverted the moral values of individuals, with repercussions that can be seen until today.
02.08.2018 - 16:00
s_t_s
Written by ManiacBlasphemer on 31.07.2018 at 17:17

Christianity has tremendous influence even today, albeit it has come under attack by marxists and is weakening in the Western countries (thus indirectly causing their demise as it leaves a vacuum that is replaced by other, more dangerous religions and philosophies). Even the school of thoughts that advocated secularism, separation of church from state, human rights and other major moral achievements of humanity were directly or indirectly influenced by the moral code of the Judeo-Christian theology, particularly the statement that separates Gods right from Caesar's right (separating earthly affairs from God's will).

We can all accuse Christianity for its past experiences where it went down the rail, but much of that was the personal ambitions of individuals seeking lands, riches, power and influence. What we have to combat is not Christianity, but the possibility of some sick individuals to actually use these ideas for personal gain, or interpret them for their own interest. Unlike other religions, Christianity managed to reform itself at a very early stage. There is a reason why the Western civilization was developed in a society influenced by the Judeo-Christian belief and not in an Islamic, Buddhist, Confucian or other major religion.

For a big part of my life I was a mindless atheist who bashed Christianity for no reason. Until I actually matured, traveled a lot, spoke with a lot of people and realized that Christianity may not be perfect, but it is better than other alternatives and surely much better than where the Western civilization is heading towards today, self-destructing itself by denying its past and legacy. And I come from a country that actually experienced a form of scientific atheism, which did more harm than good on the long run, as it perverted the moral values of individuals, with repercussions that can be seen until today.

No worries, to me all religions are the same : a guideline for people who cannot think by themselves and I'm better off without such a thing. :p
02.08.2018 - 16:33
nikarg
staff
DOG > GOD
04.08.2018 - 18:53
Porkchop
Account deleted
Looks like Behemoth is starting to get really good for me since the Satanist. I appreciate some atmosphere instead pure death metal like Evangelion or Demigod.

Hits total: 4860 | This month: 6