Metal Storm logo
Krieg - USBM

13.05.2007 - 01:19
Empty Spaces
Unburied At Dusk

Krieg (German for "War") was a black metal band from the Somers Point, New Jersey in the United States of America. They played a low-fi, "raw" style, drawing influence from the Darkthrone-esque style of black metal and did not use synthesizers or folk instruments. With the only permanent member being Imperial, live members were drawn from an array of various bands, such as Nykalgia, Nachtmystium, Forest of Impaled, and Satanic Warmaster. The band split-up in 2006, and Imperial went on to create N.I.L. (Nihilism Is Liberation). While not a continuation of Krieg, N.I.L. reflects considerable black metal influence.

Disography:

Battlegod (Demo 1996)
Rise Of The Imperial Hordes (Full length) (1998)
The Church (EP 2001)
Destruction Ritual (Full length) (2002)
Kill Yourself or Someone You Love (Live album 2002)
The Black House (2004)
Patrick Bateman (EP) (2004)
Sono Lo Scherno (Full length) (1998/2005)
Blue Miasma (Full length) (2006)

I got Destruction Ritual in the mail yesterday... I liked it alot, insane vocals and great drumming!
13.05.2007 - 17:55
Lathronniel

Yeah i got it recently...great one!
----
I amar prestar aen, han mathon ne nen, han mathon ne chae a han noston ned 'wilith...
13.05.2007 - 19:27
Damnated
Churchburner
Krieg is a really avarege band, wich got a pretty big attention for unknown reasons. the only album i enjoyed to some extent was The Black House. NIL is an even bigger cliche than Krieg. with a bandname like Nihilism Is Liberation i, don't know why, expected something original. plus there was that promotion line , droning black metal. hah. it drones alright, but that's about it. drone shit. good thing i didn't buy the cd, hahaha.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
14.05.2007 - 10:58
Sinsanity
Account deleted
I've seen them live at some point, and I wasn't impressed. Some time, after that, i did also listen to some of their stuff...I still didn't form a clear opinion about them, but as far as I'm concerned, it didn't sound "low-fi, "raw" style, drawing influence from the Darkthrone-esque style of black metal".
14.05.2007 - 15:14
Angel Deformity
Azathoth
i have the split with evil, black house and blue miasma... krieg is one of the few true black metal bands left, i named my goldfish lord imperial in tribute to this band...

its orange with bits of black and white on its face... i found it funny

yeh i really like the total rawness of the production of krieg and how its different to most black metal bands, good stuff imo
14.05.2007 - 17:10
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Written by Angel Deformity on 14.05.2007 at 15:14

i have the split with evil, black house and blue miasma... krieg is one of the few true black metal bands left, i named my goldfish lord imperial in tribute to this band...

its orange with bits of black and white on its face... i found it funny

Must be one hell of an evil fish!
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
14.05.2007 - 18:12
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Only have the first full length, Rise Of The Imperial Hordes, and its pretty average. Its ok to listen to, but nothing really stands out from it and sounds all roughly the same. The high wails he does get a little annoying at times too, and thats coming from someone who doesnt mind Striborg...
----

Hellcunt Smurf
01.05.2009 - 20:16
Winterfog

Written by Empty Spaces on 13.05.2007 at 01:19

Krieg (German for "War") was a black metal band from the Somers Point, New Jersey in the United States of America. They played a low-fi, "raw" style, drawing influence from the Darkthrone-esque style of black metal and did not use synthesizers or folk instruments. With the only permanent member being Imperial, live members were drawn from an array of various bands, such as Nykalgia, Nachtmystium, Forest of Impaled, and Satanic Warmaster. The band split-up in 2006, and Imperial went on to create N.I.L. (Nihilism Is Liberation). While not a continuation of Krieg, N.I.L. reflects considerable black metal influence.

Disography:

Battlegod (Demo 1996)
Rise Of The Imperial Hordes (Full length) (1998)
The Church (EP 2001)
Destruction Ritual (Full length) (2002)
Kill Yourself or Someone You Love (Live album 2002)
The Black House (2004)
Patrick Bateman (EP) (2004)
Sono Lo Scherno (Full length) (1998/2005)
Blue Miasma (Full length) (2006)

I got Destruction Ritual in the mail yesterday... I liked it alot, insane vocals and great drumming!

Yes I have the discography but I must say Destruction Ritual is the best! the drumming is incredibly fast.. I really enjoy this band it's sound is raw and the voice is amazing!