Metal Storm logo
The Dillinger Escape Plan vs Avenged Sevenfold: The Battle of *Noise

25.05.2006 - 06:28
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Ok, has anyone heard about this? It is absolutly side splitting. Thos Crazy Fussion-Jezz/Progressive/Metalcore fraks, The Dillinger Escape Plan, and lame eMpTyV showboys Avenged Sevenfold are in a fight, on MySpace!

MTV.com reports: A beef between AVENGED SEVENFOLD and THE DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN is taking shape. According to DILLINGER's MySpace page, a feud had been festering for several months when AVENGED frontman M. Shadows turned up the heat during a recent interview, saying DILLINGER "make sh---y noises and try to pass it off as music." "What about bands that make sh---y noise and try to pass it off as GUNS N' ROSES?" a DILLINGER MySpace post read in response. "This guy and his merry band of musical clowns get more hilarious by the minute. M. Shadows' real name is Matt Sanders or some sh--." With that in mind, DILLINGER say they've decided to change their stage names in derision. "So, in his honor, our new names are officially as follows: G. Piranha, Blaster Master Weinman, Bullwhip Benoit, Corpsef---er Pennie [and] Leafeater Wilson. Those are going to be the names on our new CD ? 100 percent serious."

If you go on their MySpace accounts you can read even more about it.
----
(space for rent)
25.05.2006 - 06:54
Jerk
0o0o0o! Let's all fight over myspace! Yeah now we're cool!

This is boring and useless. If it was a real fight (with footage) I'd be interested. But since it's just little boys bashing eachother over the internet, let's ignore it!
----
Oct 1 - COB, BDM
Dec 7 - CC, BoO
25.05.2006 - 07:07
SepulchralOath
Account deleted
Written by Jerk on 25.05.2006 at 06:54

0o0o0o! Let's all fight over myspace! Yeah now we're cool!

This is boring and useless. If it was a real fight (with footage) I'd be interested. But since it's just little boys bashing eachother over the internet, let's ignore it!

On the contrary, I find this incredibly hilarious, and we definitely shouldn't ignore it. Both bands suck, but this is purely amazing entertainment.
25.05.2006 - 16:39
Daru Jericho
Man, I really can't stand both bands and they're petty enough to get into a fight over on Myspace. Just when you couldn't have thought it could get any lamer -- it does. Wow, I'm surprised. I bet all their Myspace fans are bombarding each other with messages.

Both bands suck even more.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

25.05.2006 - 18:27
Twilight
IntepridTraveler
Damn this is pathetic.

I don't really know Dillinger's role in this fight. But while reading the first post I don't really think they started the bullshit.
They don't even sound like each other. Avenged is just stupid screamo while Dillinger is superb, intensive and unique music.
25.05.2006 - 23:34
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
It all started because A7X was trying to bad mouth DEP. DEP decided they would just flat out make fun of lame Pop-Hardcore bands like A7X.
----
(space for rent)
26.05.2006 - 00:45
Daru Jericho
It's pathetic when bands make an unprovoked attack on another band just to raise the status of their own band. A7X are getting far too big for their boots.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

09.06.2006 - 14:34
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
Quote:
AVENGED frontman M. Shadows turned up the heat during a recent interview, saying DILLINGER "make sh---y noises and try to pass it off as music."

thats genius.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
09.06.2006 - 14:45
danzig111
Account deleted
@ Daru Jericho (1st post): couldn't have said it better! They're actually fighting over myspace, sad, reallyyy fvcking sad. Yeah and it WOULD be bands ov the hardcore kin to do this shit!
09.06.2006 - 18:48
Trifixion
Account deleted
In order to insult a band and call them "shitty noise" you probably shouldn't be one of those bands who makes shitty noise as well. In the end they're all retards, but this is all very amusing
09.06.2006 - 21:40
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
This is ridiculous! The two bands are fighting over Myspace for god's sake! Now, if it was a real fight with video footage (such as the fight between Glenn Danzig and the frontman from North Side Kings), then maybe it would be worth checking out, but to duke it out on Myspace is more amusing than anything else. If I had to choose sides (and if there was a gun to my head), I would have to side with Dillinger Escape Plan. They play something on the lines of experimental grindcore, which is very unique in this day and age. Avenged Sevenfold is just another commercial hardcore band that is trying to appeal to the masses, and they will go to any lengths to get more money. This includes badmouthing other bands just to get publicity.
09.06.2006 - 22:24
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
i think dillinger escape plan should just post a blog on myspace saying "*witty retort*" and nothing else. that would show them.

internet humour \m/
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
09.06.2006 - 22:54
Twilight
IntepridTraveler
Yeah. I like Dillinger Escape Plan's humour. It's fun the way they're retaliating.
Just look at those names: Blaster Master Weinman, Bullwhip Benoit, Corpsef---er Pennie [and] Leafeater Wilson.
12.06.2006 - 06:45
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
I used to be able to stand A7X,but then my friend bought city of evil and since he was my only source of transportation at the time I was forced to listen to it.I wanted to hang myself they need a new singer for starters,the guitar playing is decent but the song "Bat Country" is so fucking stupid beyond belief,they are just sell outs now and what is by far their worst album is appreciated by most of the untrained.But on this whole ordeal I hope they kill each other because both bands are god awful.And fighting on Myspace is just fucking gay,but it doesnt surprise as both bands seem like the kinda bands who would do that shit....
17.06.2006 - 19:08
MigraineBoy
Go to a real fight! With fists, bites and spits!
I'm shure that the big guy in DEP can with the hole other band by himself.
----
Is only wrong if you don't get it!
21.06.2006 - 08:27
fire101
Account deleted
Wow. Ive really seen it all now.
21.06.2006 - 10:05
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Damn that is just plane stupid...grow up guys and stop calling each other names
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
21.06.2006 - 10:51
Twilight
IntepridTraveler
They're not calling each other names. They're calling themselves names.
21.06.2006 - 15:06
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
@Twilight: LOL that's even more stupid
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
21.06.2006 - 18:38
Twilight
IntepridTraveler
For Avenged Sevenfold it is. But for Dillinger Escape Plan it's just very funny, not stupid. All they're doing is making fun of Avenged Sevenfold, which I hate.
And Dillinger Escape Plan is awesome!
22.06.2006 - 14:37
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
HAHAHA!!! oooooh my lord this must be the most hilarious and ridiculous thing ive heard of!!

I dont like either band... well infact i rather really dislike them both, but this is just stupid! How old are they? What, 15?? Geewiz guys grow up and do things face to face ... not over blood myspace. Bloody hell guys,
----

Hellcunt Smurf
22.06.2006 - 15:25
Twilight
IntepridTraveler
So if a random metal band makes fun of another metal band in an interview or something they should first find the band they're making fun of and talk about it in their face? That's a kind of weird to me. Why should DEP search for these guys of Avenged Sevenfold if they only retaliate in an hilarious way and making fun of Avenged at the same time?
I mean DEP aren't the ones that are stupid here.

But ah well, I'm defending a band that isn't really appreciated here anyway, so I'll just return to the Alternative Metal subforum.
22.06.2006 - 15:37
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Well maybe not face to face, but seriously they shouldnt be swapping words behind a computer ... the least they could be is have something in a song that has some ltrical meaning that they are intending to take the piss or take it them in such a way.

Hmm ok even that sounds weird ... oh i dont know, but what i do know is that how these guys are going about it is just juvinile and pointless.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
30.06.2006 - 04:30
nick35
Account deleted
why get in a fight over myspace. Hey i have an idea each band should go out and make an album about each other whatever band makes the shittiest album wins. it will end up in a tie though then they will end up getting pissed about that.
30.06.2006 - 04:47
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
@ nick35: Haha, i reckon they'd do a hate song dedicated to each other on there next albums, hahaha.

How long has this fight been going on btw??
----

Hellcunt Smurf
01.07.2006 - 20:41
Freyya
....I can't stand Avenged Sevenfold....
The Dillinger Escape Plan ...well they have some cool stuff (kind of..), and...this fight is like comparing shoes with cars...not related at all!!
----
"Music was invented to confirm human loneliness"
28.07.2006 - 06:18
Jesus_Puncher
Account deleted
Written by Twilight on 22.06.2006 at 15:25

So if a random metal band makes fun of another metal band in an interview or something they should first find the band they're making fun of and talk about it in their face? That's a kind of weird to me. Why should DEP search for these guys of Avenged Sevenfold if they only retaliate in an hilarious way and making fun of Avenged at the same time?
I mean DEP aren't the ones that are stupid here.

But ah well, I'm defending a band that isn't really appreciated here anyway, so I'll just return to the Alternative Metal subforum.

I second that...DEP have senses of humor...i doubt they're gonna get pissed over a Poor Man's Motley Crue shittalking them....Greg from DEP's neck has more muscle than all those orange county pretty boy's combined...so A7x really shouldnt be picking fights...btw to the people that call people lame for fighting on Myspace...Yeah...almost as lame as seeing 30 yr olds fighting over what bands are more Tr00 on Metalstorm
12.12.2006 - 13:55
dark-1988
Account deleted
On myspace?
and my ex-GFs sister thinks A7X hasn't sold out. lol

A7Xs first two albums were better then 'City of Evil'. While I've only heard one track by DEP.
28.01.2007 - 10:36
Murder
Advenged Sevenfold--------------> shit!! I hate them!!!!!!!

30.01.2007 - 20:25
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Xtreme Jax on 22.06.2006 at 14:37

How old are they? What, 15??

What is wrong with that age, you f**ktard!!!!!

Joking.

Well, this is quite lame, but hilarious in it's own way.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama