Metal Storm logo
Roadburn 2019 - Headliner, Curator And More Announced

The people behind the long-running Roadburn festival have released exciting news regarding its 2019 edition, set for April 11-14th. The headliner, curator, and more bands have now been announced. This year's curator is Tomas Lindberg, best known as the frontman of At The Gates, Disfear, and other bands. The headliner is legendary stoner doom band Sleep, who will play two sets.

The press release states: "Roadburn is thrilled to welcome Sleep back to the festival as our main headliners for 2019. In two career-spanning sets, Sleep will shine the spotlight first on their iconic album, Holy Mountain, and then the following night focus on their latest - crushing - release, The Sciences. There will be enough time for some bonus tracks and surprises, adding to the once-in-a-lifetime feel of this pair of sets."

The festival will also include two rare sets by goth/noise/shoegaze/etc act Have A Nice Life. One show will be dedicated to their cult classic debut Deathconsciousness, which turned 10 this year, and the other will be a "regular" show.

Tomas Lindberg commented: "Roadburn for me has always been about eclecticism, and underground music of all styles that desperately demand your attention. Walter and I have already started talking about possibilities, and I am super excited about the direction of these talks. See you there!"

Also added to the lineup are Birds In Row, Vile Creature, Midnight and Seven That Spells. They join previously announced acts Heilung, Louise Lemón and Gore.

Check out the festival's page for more details and stay tuned for ticketing info in the near future.

Source: roadburn.com
Posted: 16.08.2018 by nikarg

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 12   Visited by: 66 users
16.08.2018 - 19:20
musclassia

Oh come on, 2 Sleep sets and neither of them are Dopesmoker?? Only joking, although they could probably fit everything they've ever released into 2 2-hour sets like Neurosis played in 2016 when they headlined
16.08.2018 - 19:35
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
If anything, it's that HANL set that has me sold
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
16.08.2018 - 20:41
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Same here. I'll catch Sleep's Holy Mountain set if nothing of importance is in my way but Deathconsciousness?!?!?! That shit is a must.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
16.08.2018 - 21:48
LuciferOfGayness
Account deleted
My guess is that there will be Mournful Congregation, Thou, Faal and Chaos Ech?s.

And Eindhoven looks the best town if I am gonna stay in a hotel, or are there better places? I am totally lost on netherlandic geographics.
16.08.2018 - 23:27
Darkside Momo
Retired
I wouldn't be surprised if Tomas Lindberg talked Baroness into doing another accoustic show
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
17.08.2018 - 00:12
Vombatus
Potorro
Looks very decent for now.
Would be extra-cool if Midnight played a surprise show at 1am in Cul De Sac

Written by Guest on 16.08.2018 at 21:48

And Eindhoven looks the best town if I am gonna stay in a hotel, or are there better places? I am totally lost on netherlandic geographics.

I definitely think Eindhoven is the place with most hotel options, since Tilburg is always full. There are other places around (Breda, etc), but Eindhoven is biggest-best-better-
I stayed there in 2016, and the whole daily way around trip was fine and all. Quite expensive though, so if I return (maybe), I'd try one of the bungalows or flexhotel thing at the campsite.
17.08.2018 - 10:55
Pimpelmee
Amazing Mapman

My guess is that there will be Mournful Congregation, Thou, Faal and Chaos Ech�s.

http://roadburn.com/tickets/ --> Hotels.

Eindhoven, Den Bosch, Breda. All with good trainconnections from Tilburg. Last trains around 2:00.
17.08.2018 - 15:35
Desha
delicious dish
Hmmm not super sold so far this year, as I actually know few of the artists at this point. Let's hope the next batch has some bands I'm super excited to see.

Also probably gonna stay at the camp site again. Though maybe depending on the circumstances of my arrival and who I bring with me I might stay at my cousin's house in a nearby town.
----
You are the hammer, I am the nail
building a house in the fire on the hill
17.08.2018 - 16:06
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck

My guess is that there will be Mournful Congregation, Thou, Faal and Chaos Ech�s.

Again?

My guess is that there will be less metal this year.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.08.2018 - 17:03
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.08.2018 at 16:06

You mean next year haha
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
21.08.2018 - 12:08
LuciferOfGayness
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.08.2018 at 16:06

Again?

Why not? They have all released nice albums again and RB seems to have some bands that visits regularly. And imo thats a good strategy, a mix between great bands and bands that will become great is nice.

Why would there be less metal? Portal would be nice.
21.08.2018 - 12:15
LuciferOfGayness
Account deleted
Written by Vombatus on 17.08.2018 at 00:12

Looks very decent for now.
Would be extra-cool if Midnight played a surprise show at 1am in Cul De Sac

I definitely think Eindhoven is the place with most hotel options, since Tilburg is always full. There are other places around (Breda, etc), but Eindhoven is biggest-best-better-
I stayed there in 2016, and the whole daily way around trip was fine and all. Quite expensive though, so if I return (maybe), I'd try one of the bungalows or flexhotel thing at the campsite.

Im going for Eindhoven, as its my first visit I prefer a bit of stability. Thanks for the info

Hits total: 2004 | This month: 1