Metal Storm logo
Deströyer 666

Original post

Posted by , 25.05.2006 - 06:36
What do you think about this awesome Aussie Black/Thrash act???

Unchain The Wolves is my favourite album of the genre, it's so damn blisful, catchy heavy and blackened... I also like the EP "Terror Abraxas" and its perfect production and songwriting... all their stuff is stunning, some better than others, but everything they had made is elite BM.
28.02.2008 - 07:16
Daniel

Destroyer 666 would have to be one of the best Aussie metal bands out there atm.Along side LORD & Gospel Of The Horns.

I am a big fan.
----
In The Cold Winds of Nowhere
12.03.2008 - 09:35
ABUSOR
Account deleted
Destroyer 666, one the original Black/Thrash bands that I could never get into. My mate has the Unchain The Wolves white vinyl, which is limited to 500 copies world wide.. He's a die hard fan. He trid to get me into them a while back but I could'nt really get into them. And Phoenix Rising is a really bad album. But having Cossie from Gospel Of The Horns on drums on Unchain The Wolves, it did give that album a better effect/feel to the listener than any of their other albums. The only album that I havent heard from D666 is Cold Steel For An Iron Age....
07.04.2008 - 10:32
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Guest on 12.03.2008 at 09:35

Destroyer 666, one the original Black/Thrash bands that I could never get into. My mate has the Unchain The Wolves white vinyl, which is limited to 500 copies world wide.. He's a die hard fan. He trid to get me into them a while back but I could'nt really get into them. And Phoenix Rising is a really bad album. But having Cossie from Gospel Of The Horns on drums on Unchain The Wolves, it did give that album a better effect/feel to the listener than any of their other albums. The only album that I havent heard from D666 is Cold Steel For An Iron Age....

How strange. I just started listening to them about 20 minutes ago, for the first time, and I absolutely love it! I'm definitely investing in there discography as soon as I get the chance. Holy crap this is great, why has it taken me this long to discover these guys? I've seen the name everywhere but never bothered to look into it.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
08.04.2008 - 20:07
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 07.04.2008 at 10:32

How strange. I just started listening to them about 20 minutes ago, for the first time, and I absolutely love it! I'm definitely investing in there discography as soon as I get the chance. Holy crap this is great, why has it taken me this long to discover these guys? I've seen the name everywhere but never bothered to look into it.

What album was you lsitening to? looking at your display of enthusiasm I would bet it was Unchain The Wolves?
08.04.2008 - 22:38
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Guest on 08.04.2008 at 20:07

Written by Doc G. on 07.04.2008 at 10:32

What album was you lsitening to? looking at your display of enthusiasm I would bet it was Unchain The Wolves?

Actually it was a bit of everything, mostly Cold Steel though. A few songs off of Phoenix Rising and Unchain The Wolves, but so far my favorite songs are: Cold Steel and The Birth Of Tragedy.
----
- George Carlin
09.04.2008 - 04:21
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I still haven't heard Unchain the Wolves, but Phoenix Rising is a perfect album. 10/10
09.04.2008 - 05:28
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by Dangerboner on 09.04.2008 at 04:21

I still haven't heard Unchain the Wolves, but Phoenix Rising is a perfect album. 10/10

Man, Phoenix Rising is an average album compared to the majestic Unchain The Wolves... you had lost an important part of your life as a metalhead not lsitening to it...

Confess!!!!!! Confeeeessssss!!!!!!!
Fuck you!!!!!! FUCK YOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
26.05.2010 - 02:53
Detric
King Of Twilight
What do you guys think of their latest album Defiance? I think its pretty good myself. Not up with Unchain the Wolves and Phoenix Rising and all the classic D666 records, but damn good, when you consider its their first album in 7 years. Im listening to it right now, and im having a hard time not headbangning to it. Oh yeah one more thing.. Mersus is a fucking beast behind that drumkit! Jesus christ..
26.05.2010 - 12:14
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
I think Defiance is one of their best. Personally, as much as I enjoy all their albums, D666 get better each album for me. With each one it seems like they solidified more of their own signature sound.
----
- George Carlin
26.05.2010 - 12:36
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
For me Defiance was an adequate release at best, there wasn't a thing wrong with it but it didn't excite me like previous releases did. I think the bubble has burst where my interest for D666 is concerned.
21.07.2010 - 12:44
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I rediscovered Cold Steel... For an Iron Age by Destroyer 666 tonight at work. Phoenix Rising is still by far my favorite by them, and always has been one of my all-time favorites in general, but this album really hit me. The music has no weaknesses and the quality lyrics are just the icing on the cake. Most of their material sounds really inspried to me, and this album is no exception.

I can't fucking wait for their show next month
21.07.2010 - 13:15
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Guest on 26.05.2010 at 12:36

For me Defiance was an adequate release at best, there wasn't a thing wrong with it but it didn't excite me like previous releases did. I think the bubble has burst where my interest for D666 is concerned.

I totally agree here, but I haven't lost my interest yet.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
21.07.2010 - 13:40
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by vezzy on 21.07.2010 at 13:15

They're too close to thrash to keep me coming back to them.
21.07.2010 - 13:40
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Guest on 21.07.2010 at 13:40

What is it with you and your hatred of thrash?
----
21.07.2010 - 13:50
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by vezzy on 21.07.2010 at 13:40

Thrash = Music for Meatheads. I find it to be the most sterile and lifeless of all genres; a creative vacuum. That and the expectation of metallers in general that to like metal is to like thrash. Admitting you don't like Slayer to many is like having a tattoo above your asshole saying: "Fuck me here"

At any rate you won't find me commenting on every thrash related thread denouncing it, unlike the average meathead's proclivity of taking a massive piss over every nu/power/core topic that crops up. I don't hate it per-se, that would require some kind of continuing prevalent thought on the matter, I just simply don't care or enjoy it unless it's a constituent of larger, and more creative, whole - something D666 had in a limited quantity.
21.07.2010 - 14:47
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Guest on 21.07.2010 at 13:50

Thrash = Music for Meatheads. I find it to be the most sterile and lifeless of all genres; a creative vacuum. That and the expectation of metallers in general that to like metal is to like thrash. Admitting you don't like Slayer to many is like having a tattoo above your asshole saying: "Fuck me here"

At any rate you won't find me commenting on every thrash related thread denouncing it, unlike the average meathead's proclivity of taking a massive piss over every nu/power/core topic that crops up. I don't hate it per-se, that would require some kind of continuing prevalent thought on the matter, I just simply don't care or enjoy it unless it's a constituent of larger, and more creative, whole - something D666 had in a limited quantity.

Slayer have been pretty much a joke since Diabolus in Musica, though I like the occasional Christ Illusion/World Painted Blood. Whatever though, I'll PM you.
----
21.07.2010 - 14:49
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by vezzy on 21.07.2010 at 14:47

Slayer have been pretty much a joke since Diabolus in Musica, though I like the occasional Christ Illusion/World Painted Blood. Whatever though, I'll PM you.

You should understand I find one-to-one internet conversations extremely awkward.
21.07.2010 - 14:49
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted

You should understand I find one-to-one internet conversations extremely awkward.
21.07.2010 - 15:05
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Guest on 21.07.2010 at 14:49

odammit
----
21.07.2010 - 15:21
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by vezzy on 21.07.2010 at 15:05

odammit

Oh noes.
21.07.2010 - 15:21
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by vezzy on 21.07.2010 at 15:05

odammit

Oh noes.
22.07.2010 - 19:32
ja-vi

Seems this has developed into quite a fruitful conversation Anyhoo, Defiance is an awesome album. My favourites are I am not Deceived, Blood for Blood and Sermon to the Dead. Although the album is great, it still can't match the awesomeness that is Phoenix Rising. That is just a mindblowing disc, it does not actually have a weak moment. Oh, and I saw them live in Helsinki a couple of months back, they are really great live as well, you should all go see 'em if you happen to have a chance.