Metal Storm logo
Your Favourite Dream Theater Album

Original post

Posted by The Walrus, 14.05.2007 - 21:02
I thought it's may be interesting to compere DT's albums so i've opened this one

Here are my favourites :

1. My fav is Falling into infinity , i don't know why people hate this album so much ..
2. Train of thoughts
3. Metropolis Pt. 2: Scenes From A Memory
4. Awake
5. Octavarium
6. Systematic Chaos
7. Images And Words
8. Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence
9. When Dream And Day Unite

Poll

What is your favourite Dream Theater album ?

Metropolis Pt. 2: Scenes From A Memory
Images And Words
Awake
Train Of Thought
Octavarium
Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence
When Dream And Day Unite
Falling Into Infinity
Systematic Chaos

Total votes: 143
18.03.2011 - 10:18
Night Sight

Train of thoughts
----
Alone in birth
Alone in the darkness
Alone in death
Alone in the daylight
18.03.2011 - 11:52
Luneth
Account deleted
Images and Words was the first I heard of them and continues to be the album of theirs I listen to, and enjoy, the most.
18.03.2011 - 13:48
Yavanna

This one was sooo hard to choose.
All Dream Theater albums are great.
----
Carry me to the shoreline
Bury me in the sand
Walk me across the water
And maybe you'll understand
19.03.2011 - 08:41
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
I still find When Dream and Day Unite to be my favourite. I love Dominici on vocals!
20.03.2011 - 23:46
Tormentor666

No doubt about this: Scenes from a Memory.
----
WARFARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
25.03.2011 - 22:10
blacktooth85

My personal favorite is Awake. Train of thought is right up there too. Shit, they're all good in their own right.
26.04.2011 - 01:18
erykk

Metropolis Pt. 2: Scenes From A Memory, great album, history, music, lyrics, a masterpiece
----
Open your eyes
26.04.2011 - 03:53
Evil Chip

1. Awake: Kevin Moore performance and compositions, the heavy and dark ambience of it all. For me is the most heaviest and meaniest album. I like it a lot.
2. Scenes from a memory: Great lyrics and incredible music. Enough Said.
3. Train of Thought: Really dig the heavy aproach to this album, although it's not as diverse and rich in the way awake was.
4. Systematic Chaos: Really great music and very proggy, although the lyrics were really lame.
5. Octavarium: The last piece is amazing. One of the best of Dream Theater. The other songs are pretty good but some sound too light and dull for me.
6. Images and Words: Great album, every song is good but I don't have like a eargasm in any of the songs.
7. Black Clouds and Silver Linings: Correct album, really well thought but it doesn't have what I was looking for or just didn't caught me. Although I really enjoy some tracks.
8. Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence: The second disc is really worth it but he first disc except for the Glass Prison kinda bored a little.
9. Falling into Infinity: Is there lightest album and I like it, but I know they have much more better albums than this.
10. When Dream and Day Unite: I like a couple of tracks but I think it lacks from direction and maturity.
19.09.2012 - 12:55
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
This thread is too old...i like "Black Clouds and Silver Linings" the most...even more than Scenes...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

23.09.2012 - 07:26
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
I personally love Awake the most, with Images and Words a very close second.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
23.09.2012 - 18:23
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Dark Cornatus on 19.03.2011 at 08:41

I still find When Dream and Day Unite to be my favourite. I love Dominici on vocals!

Interesting. Not many ppl have WDADU as their favourite. Is it just because of Dominici?
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
24.09.2012 - 01:09
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Written by BloodTears on 23.09.2012 at 18:23

Written by Dark Cornatus on 19.03.2011 at 08:41

Interesting. Not many ppl have WDADU as their favourite. Is it just because of Dominici?

I like the songs better too, besides maybe Status Seeker and Afterlife, all the songs are up there amongst my favourites. Yes i also prefer Dominici over LaBrie as he puts more emotion into his vocals (i think LaBrie is actually a really bad vocalist).

Images and Words, Awake and Scenes from a Memory are all up there too, but WDADU is still on top.
04.10.2012 - 23:22
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
Old poll, but I wanted to give Awake a vote.
05.10.2012 - 09:58
Zombie94

I've only listened to 'Black Clouds And Silver Linings'. Really liked the music but found the vocals annoying. Maybe I'd enjoy some of their heavier stuff...