Metal Storm logo
Your Favourite Dream Theater Album

Poll

What is your favourite Dream Theater album ?

Metropolis Pt. 2: Scenes From A Memory
Images And Words
Awake
Train Of Thought
Octavarium
Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence
When Dream And Day Unite
Falling Into Infinity
Systematic Chaos

Total votes: 143
14.05.2007 - 21:02
The Walrus
Moonsorrow
I thought it's may be interesting to compere DT's albums so i've opened this one

Here are my favourites :

1. My fav is Falling into infinity , i don't know why people hate this album so much ..
2. Train of thoughts
3. Metropolis Pt. 2: Scenes From A Memory
4. Awake
5. Octavarium
6. Systematic Chaos
7. Images And Words
8. Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence
9. When Dream And Day Unite
----
14.05.2007 - 21:12
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
Thats really hard..... I like "When Dream and Day Unite" a lot and is one of my favorite albums of all time, but "Images and Words" is such a special album and somehow means something to me.
----
14.05.2007 - 21:13
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I vote for 'Images And Words' this also i like firts album of them, its because more meyal more extreme thinks, leither album its calmer, ballad style albums and Anathema are simmilar , ist not for me anymore
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
14.05.2007 - 21:28
The Walrus
Moonsorrow
Written by Bad English on 14.05.2007 at 21:13

I vote for 'Images And Words' this also i like firts album of them, its because more meyal more extreme thinks, leither album its calmer, ballad style albums and Anathema are simmilar , ist not for me anymore

Images and words is really good album , actually this is the first album of DT that i've heard but with the time i started to like more the heavier style of DT .
----
15.05.2007 - 01:51
Bitch Boy
Metropolis pt.2 is my favorite, a very intelligent story and some of the greatest DT's songs.
15.05.2007 - 06:06
tulkas
el parcero
this is a really tough decision to make, probably 'cause I'm a big DT fan, it was one of the first bands I listen to... but in terms of choosing 1 album, I don't think I can. there's probably a tie btween 'when dream & day unite' and 'awake' closely followed by 'I&Ws' and then ToT tied with 'Octavarium'...
but this is realy inexact, this also changes with my mood, specially 'cause some albums are very different, which makes this even harder. but bottom line, I didn't vote beacuse of that. I like this band too much, and choosing in this position is very hard
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
15.05.2007 - 17:21
The Walrus
Moonsorrow
Personally i think that Dream Theater's best release is "Change of seasons " , this EP includes great covers , especially i like the "perfect strangers " of Deep Purple cover , and of course this EP includes the "change of seasons " song that its lengh is 23 minutes
----
15.05.2007 - 20:30
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Well I have to go with Images and Words. This was the album that completely changed my view of music. It had remained a very special part of my life and will continue to for a long time. While I am a huge fan of of their releases, heck, many of you know Dream Theater is my all time favorite band (even got them tattooed on me), it is really hard to pick a second favorite. It depends on what mood I am in. Since Systematic Chaos got into my hands, I have been listening to it almost non stop. But the past couple of weeks it was the second disk to Falling into Infinity album that I had been really into. So it changes all the time.
----
(space for rent)
15.05.2007 - 22:40
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by The Walrus on 15.05.2007 at 17:21

Personally i think that Dream Theater's best release is "Change of seasons " , this EP includes great covers , especially i like the "perfect strangers " of Deep Purple cover , and of course this EP includes the "change of seasons " song that its lengh is 23 minutes

Have you hear album where tahy play Pink Floid songs?
IMO its good album too specely such legendary covers
----

apos;'
[image]
15.05.2007 - 23:27
The Walrus
Moonsorrow
Written by Bad English on 15.05.2007 at 22:40

Written by The Walrus on 15.05.2007 at 17:21

Have you hear album where tahy play Pink Floid songs?
IMO its good album too specely such legendary covers

Yes i heard about this album but i didn't listen it , it's interesting to hear DT's covers of such talanted band like Pink Floyd .
I think they have another covers album of Metallica
----
15.05.2007 - 23:34
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
@TIMoR - i dunno about metallica think maybe some songsm but albums hmmm I dunno
----

apos;'
[image]
16.05.2007 - 03:55
Frost/bitten
Account deleted
This is very hard because 5 or six of there albums could easily be number 1 for me and id still be happy with it. I voted for Train of Thought because the more i listen to it the more brilliant it gets with each listen.
Images and Words, Octavarium, Six Degrees, Falling into Infinity, Awake, Scenes From a Memory are all not far behind
16.05.2007 - 07:15
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
whoa, I haven't listened to DT in about 2 years. I remember that my favorite album by them is Train of Thought though, but Awake is a close second. There's limited filler on that album and every song is solid. I also think it's their heaviest album and possibly has the craziest guitar solos.
16.05.2007 - 07:32
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Written by The Walrus on 15.05.2007 at 23:27

Yes i heard about this album but i didn't listen it , it's interesting to hear DT's covers of such talanted band like Pink Floyd .

Dream Theater has covered Master of Puppets, The Number of the Beast and Dark Side of the Moon. I have all three on CD.
----
(space for rent)
16.05.2007 - 12:22
The Walrus
Moonsorrow
Written by Dane Train on 16.05.2007 at 07:32

Written by The Walrus on 15.05.2007 at 23:27

Dream Theater has covered Master of Puppets, The Number of the Beast and Dark Side of the Moon. I have all three on CD.

What do you say about them ? does it worth to download it ?

@\Frost/bitten
Therefore i have created this poll , there is no agreement about what is their best album as all the albums are at the same level of quallity
----
19.05.2007 - 03:21
GhostofSanity
Account deleted
Metropolis Pt. 2: Scenes From A Memory. Music/storyline are just fantastic and it's the one I really enjoyed the most.
20.05.2007 - 12:58
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
I didn't vote 'cause I only have two DT albums: Metropolis Pt. 2 and Awake. But between these two I would choose Awake. That is an amazing album
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
29.06.2007 - 19:28
jorkg
Hey Timor, do you know why some DT fans hate the falling into infinity album?. Well, this album was branded to be commercial, specially for the songs You Not Me, that before, had another name, and Hollow Years. In addition, some fans were angry, because the wordmark and letter style, characteristic of the band, wasn't in the art of the album and in the 5 years on a livetime. So, more or less, this message would satisfy your question. Thank You, guys
18.07.2007 - 02:03
Dark Tormentor
Account deleted
emmmm dunno my favorites are images and words and octavarium
i guess my vote goes for images and words
18.07.2007 - 02:04
Dark Tormentor
Account deleted
emmmm dunno my favorites are images and words and octavarium
i guess my vote goes for images and words
19.09.2007 - 09:48
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
train of thought - it really gets me going - full of great riffs, solos (by everyone), and everything about the album is great!
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
19.09.2007 - 14:34
baldur
Metropolis Pt. 2: Scenes From A Memory for me its just awesome
The Dance Of Eternity is imo the best song ever done by dt
19.09.2007 - 19:51
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I could've sworn there was a thread like this somewhere already but...Awake is my favorite Dream Theater album...the feeling on that album feels so right and I can tell there was a great union of ideas empathically...it's quite a classic Dream Theater feast from beginning to end...just sounds like the perfect DT sound captured...
21.09.2007 - 01:22
Edible Autopsy
I don't know why but Train of Thought appeals to me more than any of their other albums. Great lyrics on it.
----
So let it be written
So let it be done
I've be sent here by the chosen one

So let it be written
So let it be done
To kill the first born pharoah son

I'm Creeping Death
29.09.2007 - 06:43
DreamWeaver
Elite
I guess I'll do my top 9 list:
1. Images & Words
2. Metropolis Pt. 2: Scenes From A Memory
3. Awake
4. Systematic Chaos
5. Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence
6. Train of Thought
7. Octavarium
8. Fallng Into Infinity
9. When Dream And Day Unite

Definite #1 is I&W. This album defines the concept of Progressive Metal, or at least what it sohuld be.
----
05.10.2007 - 16:57
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Well for me its not easy to decide the best 3, its harder to decide the other positions. Its really deciding which ones are your best friends The positions between 4th and 7th vary from time to time.

1- Awake (I wish I had seen more like this from them, perfect album from beggining to end)
2- Images & Words
3- Metropolis
4- Octavarium
5- Train of Thought
6- Systematic Chaos
7- Falling Into Infinity
8- When dream and day unite
9- 6 degrees (I have no doubts here, its my least favourite album, it just doesnt sooth me I dont know, something weird happens when I try to connect with this album)

Anyway, they all have things I like, most of all I like the Dream Theater distinctive sound and the fact that they can capture beautiful things using musical compositions. I'm surprised that few people consider "awake" their best work, maybe because it followed Images and people can't get pass it, I don't know.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
05.10.2007 - 20:16
Warman
Erotic Stains
10. Falling Into Infinity
9. Train of Thought
8. Black Clouds & Silver Linings
7. When Dream and Day Unite
6. Systematic Chaos
5. Octavarium
4. Metropolis Pt 2: Scenes from a Memory
3. Awake
2. Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence
1. Images and Words

A pretty different list may I say.
----
07.10.2007 - 08:48
dt860426
Account deleted
I like all of their album!!!
1. SFaM
2. Awake
3. Images and Wordsd
08.10.2007 - 19:51
Fade-To-Black86
Account deleted
Images & Words, definitely. What a perfect album, it starts with a catchy song like Pull Me Under, then it comes an amazing ballad, Another Day. For that moment they have already won the less prog-fans's hearts. Then Take The Time raises the bar of progressiveness, only to continue with a magical song like Surrounded, and with a jewel that finishes to conquer the harder prog-fans, Metropolis Pt. 1. Under A Glass Moon is a good continuation to this peak in the album, and the beautiful Wait For Sleep sets the things much more calmer, like a preface to the epic closer, Learning To Live, which ends the album and lets you the sensation of wanting MOREEEE

After I&W, I would say SFaM and Systemaic Chaos. Anyway, all their albums have at least one song that makes them woth buying.
09.10.2007 - 00:19
Thrashy
Account deleted
i love Images and words, awake and Metropolis II but my vote goes for Awake i just think is the most versatile album and the vocals were awesome