Metal Storm logo
Shaman - New Lineup, New Song, New Website

Drummer Ricardo Confessori has assembled a new SHAMAN lineup following the group's split last October. Joining Confessori in the new group are guitarist Leo Mancini, vocalist Thiago Bianchi and bassist Fernando Quesada. Check out a photo of the new group at HeavyLaw.com. A song from the revamped band, entitled "One Life", can be downloaded at this location*.

This website seems to be the homepage of the new Shaman. Note that it doesn't seem to be officially open, yet you'll find many information on the new band, and their new album entitled "Immortal." Why the band seems to be able to use the name "Shaman" and not "Shaaman" is still unknown.

*It can also be streamed at the new website.

Source: roadrunnerrecords.com
Band profile: Shaman
Posted: 14.05.2007 by wrathchild

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 12   Visited by: 15 users
14.05.2007 - 23:18
Jeff
Freaky Admin
Surprising but great news !

The song sounds cool a mix of old Angra and Shaman cool !

(the new singer seems to be really good )
----
Come with us to Hellfest 2011!
14.05.2007 - 23:26
wrathchild

I'm liking this new song a lot. Sounds a bit like a mix of Sha(a)man, old and new Angra. Somewhat closer to the first Shaman album.

I was doubtful on whether Ricardo Confessori could keep the spirit alive, and if this is not just a big joke I must say he did succeed 100%!
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
14.05.2007 - 23:30
Asitis

Ehm,nah. I liked the first 2 (or 3) albums, but these vocals - suck =|
----
The silent moment, right before the dusk fades away
I open my eyes, but the darkness stays
15.05.2007 - 00:00
Baz Anderson

surprising indeed!
even though I am a big Angra fan I wasn't a great fan of Shaaman - but then I did only have the album that people said was the not-so-good one..

this new song sounds quite good.. it isnt sold to me yet but it sounds very promising indeed - after a few listens I could probably really get into this..
indeed.. I like the vocals too!
15.05.2007 - 00:43
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Good surprise this come back.
I'm waiting for more about this, and for the future of the band. This song sounds good, vocals too.
15.05.2007 - 12:39
RhaegarTargaryen
Telcontar
Very good, I like the news, altough I like Matos a lot, I think this will be good album.
----
... For years I have traveled in coldness,
But my heart is warm as the darkened sun above me...
Nothing can never take away
What I've seen with these tired eyes
16.05.2007 - 14:54
doosh
Account deleted
i didn't think the download was going to sound this good. i'm really amazed by new Shaman. goes to show you that no matter how many lineup changes this band gets, they'll always sound great.
18.05.2007 - 15:26
GT
Coffee!!
I'm not impressed with the new song...find it a little boring actually...but great that they're back
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
27.05.2007 - 06:11
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
Love this new line up, think that we need some new faces in metal and this new vocalist is pretty good (not as good as Matos tho) its good to see how brazilian bands reinvent themselves even when we all thought that it was dead =D
----
21.07.2007 - 06:48
Pianoman
Account deleted
Oh I didnt expected such as a good song with new formation.
It reminds me a lot of ritual for tomorrow in the intro.
The vocalist is good but not as good as andre and the the guitarist is really good maybe too power but the keyboard gives the song a little prog touch.
Im really impresed i hope that andre releases new great stuff like holy land and ritual,
21.07.2007 - 07:03
Pianoman
Account deleted
Oh i forgot you can hear a demo songs of andre matos in www.andrematos.net. It sounds really good but i think andre should remember the power guitar and not use that flat guitars all the time.
29.07.2007 - 16:34
BlankFile

Im very curious to listen to their new stuff. Man i loved the previous releases especially Ritual. We´ll wait and see...

Hits total: 3384 | This month: 7