Comments

Comments: 33   Visited by: 632 users
18.09.2018 - 05:46
Kais

Worst album of the year award?
26.09.2018 - 03:51
Rating: 4
frequenzangriff

they really abandoned the symphonic metal and went pop sadly - indeed Resist is a strong contender for "Worst album of the year award"

and with so many talented singers in this world, why they chose these of questionable taste? first a crappy rap singer, now from a crappy metal core band and a another from a decaying metal band. why the hell really?!
27.10.2018 - 20:46
Rating: 8
Polaria

I dunno why I feel this is going in a Kamelot-disaster direction
On the other side I really like My Indigo .
----
Life is all the pain we endeavour.
28.10.2018 - 03:19
tominator
At best deranged
Written by Polaria on 27.10.2018 at 20:46

Really? I never really followed Within Temptation that much, but is it really going as downhill as Kamelot these days?
29.10.2018 - 21:40
Polaria

Written by tominator on 28.10.2018 at 03:19

Written by Polaria on 27.10.2018 at 20:46

Really? I never really followed Within Temptation that much, but is it really going as downhill as Kamelot these days?

My impression is based on their first single, same type of lyrics, same kind of "dystopian future" concept, same ideas about industrial elements: http://www.metalstorm.net/events/news_comments.php?news_id=34279

Edit: Just saw this: https://www.graspop.be/en/news/within-temptation-headliner-friday-june-21/213/
----
29.10.2018 - 23:29
Rating: 6
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
WT have indeed been on a downward trend for around 10-15 years now.
30.10.2018 - 02:16
tominator
At best deranged
Written by Polaria on 29.10.2018 at 21:40

My impression is based on their first single, same type of lyrics, same kind of "dystopian future" concept, same ideas about industrial elements: http://www.metalstorm.net/events/news_comments.php?news_id=34279

Edit: Just saw this: https://www.graspop.be/en/news/within-temptation-headliner-friday-june-21/213/

Yeah that single is underwhelming at best. Sounds pretty dull and uninspired to me.

So they are headlining on Friday. Not something I'm too excited for after hearing that single. Hopefully the rest of the album is worthwhile, otherwise that show next year won't be that interesting.
30.10.2018 - 16:48
Rating: 9
MeatWolf

Both singles are outstanding, they just get better and better at writing melodies. Come December.
30.10.2018 - 22:41
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
Written by MeatWolf on 30.10.2018 at 16:48

Both singles are outstanding, they just get better and better at writing melodies. Come December.

Both singles? What have I missed?
31.10.2018 - 20:30
MeatWolf

They released Raise Your Banner as a demo on YouTube but it was deleted afterwards.
01.01.2019 - 19:40
frequenzangriff

Written by MeatWolf on 31.10.2018 at 20:30

They released Raise Your Banner as a demo on YouTube but it was deleted afterwards.

sure, because of all the negative comments, hate and downvotes.
01.02.2019 - 03:35
MetalHead9494

This album will not please thoes who can't listen to something isn't metal related. I find this a great WT album, which is different than anything they've done before and quite unique in it's own way. Sure, it's very poppy at times, but it's so damn catchy for sure!
01.02.2019 - 03:38
dickkafa

Good symphonic rock album
01.02.2019 - 12:02
The Melting Snow

The good thing about such albums is they make you respect the older albums more. listening to The Silent Force and Mother Earth now. Hell, even The Unforgiving sounds like a good album right now

PS. Sharon's vocals are cool here, but looks like they don't need the rest of the band anymore. why have 2 guitarists when not even one is playing anything :p
01.02.2019 - 15:01
Rating: 7
njordxxx

Pretty good. First 4 songs are killer.
The latter half, except the last one, is a bit boring tho. Maybe it grows on me.

I like old stuff very much but I don't want WT to do the same thing hey it's 2019.
01.02.2019 - 19:34
Dark Forever
Ruído Sonoro
Are people still expecting Within Temptation to play Metal like they did 20 years ago? Their way is clearly towards getting less and less heavier and poppier. And there's nothing wrong with that, if that's what makes them happy as musicians. They sure know how to write songs and melodies. My favorite album is still Enter, but this is far from bad.
----
Taste the DARK...
... and you'll live FOREVER!
01.02.2019 - 20:49
Helios

Good album, but symphonic metal ? More symphonic rock.
02.02.2019 - 09:33
Tatsella
Fangirl
More alt/pop rock.
02.02.2019 - 14:43
MeatWolf

As amazing as I expected it to turn out. Full of incredible highlights. The tags are something like alt. metal/electronic, but that's quite alright with me.
02.02.2019 - 20:40
Thor arise

The guitars are kind of boring and the lyrics are very repetitive....otherwise, overall, it's a good album.
02.02.2019 - 20:53
CyberSymphony
Ollie
The only song i really enjoyed is Raise Your Banner, that song's been played loads by me recently.
07.02.2019 - 11:02
frequenzangriff

I finally got to listen to it, and its really pop-rock, and it sounds boring and repetitive. Maybe the worst part is the terrible production and mixing, the dynamic range is at only 5, sharon's beautiful voice is muffled, the guitars have no room to expand, and the bass is too pronounced most the time. The loudness war is strong in this one, sad really.
10.02.2019 - 17:43
Polaria

It's not as bad as I expected, couple of songs like In Vain or Mercy Mirror would have fitted more nicely into the My Indigo project.
----
14.02.2019 - 12:38
Enissa

Written by frequenzangriff on 07.02.2019 at 11:02

I finally got to listen to it, and its really pop-rock, and it sounds boring and repetitive. Maybe the worst part is the terrible production and mixing, the dynamic range is at only 5, sharon's beautiful voice is muffled, the guitars have no room to expand, and the bass is too pronounced most the time. The loudness war is strong in this one, sad really.

Totally agree on the whole production being a crap-fest. Sharon's vocals are pushed back and too manipulated-with for such an amazing vocalist! The lyrics, on the other hand, are a joke on most of the songs; "It's been a while since I told ya, that I hate ya"? I mean come-on!! Even the cheesiest emo-whatever-the-hell-are-they-called-these-days bands won't even go near that. It was never about genre or being a metal band for me, but this sure is a bad joke, and this says alot, because I've never been disappointed by WT until now.
15.02.2019 - 14:46
dralois

Well, more of the same kind of.
Not necessarly a bad album, but not outstanding or anything like that.
Listened to it a couple of times, has some decent songs, nothing special.
Since it is not a total disaster I'm giving it average, altough I certainly hoped for more..
17.02.2019 - 06:01
Susan
Smeghead
This album is EXCELLENT. So glad I waited to hear the entire thing at once instead of single by single. (I have no idea why bands do that.... it so significantly lessens the impact.)

This feels like a contemporary follow-up to The Heart of Everything. Some great songs, yes, but mostly just incredibly consistent. Such a relief! After the inconsistent mess of Hydra (which featured some truly amazing songs but also some of their worst, by far) I was admittedly nervous.

They came through. Solid. Loving it.
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
26.02.2019 - 06:29
Nick Carter

Damn! Not even her voice could save this album. You have to be a superstar in making shit to achieve this.
----
#MetalIsForEveryone
27.02.2019 - 06:15
metalbrat

WT is no more Symphonic Metallers for sure. They can be put under Hard Rock. If anybody was expecting Symphonic metal, I rate 6/10. But as such this is not a bad album. For hard rock lovers 8/10 is perfect. For me, I chose in between 7/10.
----
In the beginning I was made of clay. Then I bit the apple and they changed me to metal 🤘
27.02.2019 - 10:38
boo-boo

This is so much better than that Hydra abomination.
----
World won't end today - it's already tomorrow in Australia.
16.03.2019 - 21:59
Rating: 2
Antartic

I find more interesting to hear the traffic outside? this album blows my mind in a very negative way. LAME, BORING, and every new album is more distanced from the metal genre...

Hits total: 12025 | This month: 26