Metal Storm logo
Municipal Waste

15.05.2007 - 17:07
SteTech
Anyone like this band? Saw them when they supported The Haunted and they were just crazy. I look froward to seeing the kind of reception they get at Wacken!
15.05.2007 - 17:34
__Az__
Yeah, a good friend of mine saw them play live with The Haunted in Cambridge, Damn... why Didnt I get that day off work.. ha ha

Apparently, they were pretty good, although, I have to say, I havent had any personal experiace with them....
15.05.2007 - 20:49
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I was fortunate enough to see them live with Gwar and The Red Chord last year, and they blew me away. The gay Hot Topic kids didn't see the pit coming until it was too late lol. The lead singer had the crowd hold a surf board up so that he could kneel on it while doing the vocals. Somehow, he didn't fall lol.

I've heard Hazardous Mutation and I think it's a great album. It's energetic, punky, and catchy. You can easily tell the influences they draw from, such as Suicidal Tendencies and such. Their new album comes out next month, and I'll definitely look into it.
16.05.2007 - 04:50
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
admin
They've been on my playlist an awful lot lately - I really like "Hazardous Mutation." Nice, upbeat, fun thrash. I love how audible the bassline is in the mix.

I'm definitely going to be picking up the new MW.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
16.05.2007 - 07:12
Curtis the Bum
Account deleted
Yea cant wait for the new album, they have a really badass sound, and theyre what real thrash is all about. Very fun to listen to, im glad theyve been getting good reception!
16.05.2007 - 14:32
__Az__
Written by Guest on 16.05.2007 at 07:12

Yea cant wait for the new album, they have a really badass sound, and theyre what real thrash is all about. Very fun to listen to, im glad theyve been getting good reception!

Yeah, I havent heard a bad word about them at all so far..
16.05.2007 - 15:43
Hyvaarin
Got my hands on "The Art of Partying" the other day. What an awesome introduction to Municipal Waste and crossover .
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
16.05.2007 - 18:30
Basso
Account deleted
Theese guys are fucking catchy and I look forward to seeing them live at Wacken \m/
18.05.2007 - 06:49
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
I plan on getting 'The Art Of Partying'. and it trullyis party music, except when I listen to MW while drinking I tend to breaking things and seriously trash the place LOL. Last time I listened to them I was at my bros house and we were really drunk listening to MW and we destroyed all his lawn furniture, it was a thrashed out good time.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
30.06.2007 - 06:11
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
What do people recommend as a starter ablum?

I saw a video clip of one song - cant remember the name - and found it alot more punky which didnt really catch my interest... though as the song kept going found it incredibly catchy which got my interest again, and sparked an interest to listen to more. And recommendation? (I dont know how many albums they have so..).
----

Hellcunt Smurf
30.06.2007 - 09:46
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by Xtreme Jax on 30.06.2007 at 06:11

What do people recommend as a starter ablum?

I saw a video clip of one song - cant remember the name - and found it alot more punky which didnt really catch my interest... though as the song kept going found it incredibly catchy which got my interest again, and sparked an interest to listen to more. And recommendation? (I dont know how many albums they have so..).

They have 3 albums:
Waste Em All
Hazardous Mutation
The Art Of Partying

If your not into punk this might not be the band for you considering all of there stuff has heavy punk influences (well not influences...more like side), but I find the newest album (the art of partying) is the closest one to metal.
----
- George Carlin
30.06.2007 - 10:16
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
@Dr Rock - Cheers for that. Pretty sure the song was from the 'The Art Of Partying' album, seems to ring a bell. Im not a fan of punk or the punky sound so I'll download that album, atleast if its not my taste then no hard earned money spent on it.

Only wanting to check out some more of them because they we're just so damn catchy!!
----

Hellcunt Smurf
18.07.2007 - 17:58
Infurnace
They are a pretty enjoyable Thrash/Crossover band. I'm going to see them live on Wacken, this year. I'm looking forward to the show, it's gonna be a big party hehe.
19.07.2007 - 08:54
GhostofSanity
Account deleted
I only have Hazardous Mutation and it's pretty awesome. Should get the other two from them.
19.07.2007 - 09:02
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
Awesome crossover band ..... i absolutely love all MU stuff. New album is awesome.

Unleash The Bastards \m/
04.09.2007 - 13:59
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
elite
The following update was posted on Ereache official website:

"The video for the MUNICIPAL WASTE track 'Headbanger Face Rip' has been banned by You Tube. Filmed by the legendary 80s cult splatter/horror independent film company Troma Entertainment, the 'gore version' of the recording has been deemed by You Tube to have content which is inappropriate.

This banned version of the track features the legendary Troma style blood, guts and gore seen in many of their genre-defining B-movie style shock flicks, which fit well with Municipal Waste's outrageous party attitude. Fans who still want to watch this controversial version of the track can still view it online here and the TV-friendly recording can still be viewed on YouTube at this location."
04.09.2007 - 15:29
Hyvaarin
That video totally rocks.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
04.09.2007 - 16:06
Pinusar
Account deleted
I watched the video but didn't like it very much. It is okay but not very good in my opinion.
05.09.2007 - 02:26
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
It really fits MW's music really well. I got all 3 of there album a few weeks ago and I must say 'Waste Em All' is such a bad album, not bad as in unlistenable, its just a real piece of shit becuase its so sloppy and fast and short. gave me a good laugh though.
----
- George Carlin
17.09.2007 - 00:46
Ellie
Account deleted
I've seen this band live 3 times and every single time they are better. The circle pits are great and the fans are so enthusiastic. Every time I came back with a bangover for days! Haha anyways I love all of their albums and definitely think they're starting a whole new metal movement. Shortly after Earache signed Municipal Waste; they signed SSS which is a similar band from England. I think that a lot of bands will start having a similar sound.
26.09.2007 - 09:01
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by Xtreme Jax on 30.06.2007 at 10:16

@Dr Rock - Cheers for that. Pretty sure the song was from the 'The Art Of Partying' album, seems to ring a bell. Im not a fan of punk or the punky sound so I'll download that album, atleast if its not my taste then no hard earned money spent on it.

Only wanting to check out some more of them because they we're just so damn catchy!!

Yeah if you get into Municipal Waste you should definitly check out Streets, there kind of like MW, mixing metal with hardcore but they also have psychedelic type guitar works which is nuts, there really fast aswell. heres there myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/streets
----
- George Carlin
26.09.2007 - 09:42
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Doc G. on 26.09.2007 at 09:01

Written by Xtreme Jax on 30.06.2007 at 10:16

Yeah if you get into Municipal Waste you should definitly check out Streets, there kind of like MW, mixing metal with hardcore but they also have psychedelic type guitar works which is nuts, there really fast aswell. heres there myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/streets

for thoise into MW especially check out first couple of Nuclear Assault albums then you'll hear who MW's main influence is.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

26.09.2007 - 22:11
Mad Laughter
Account deleted
I love this fucking band!!!! They are from my hometown and my friend hangs out with the bassist all the time! Art of Partying kicks ass!!!

Crossover in general is a great genre. I really dig Suicidal Tendencies, D.R.I., and Hirax.

Hails to MW! \m/
29.09.2007 - 11:48
Almighty Ent
Dragon Reborn
Ya these guys are good. I only have on album though and its the only one I have heard. Pretty good, thrashy punkish metal. Me likey.
03.10.2007 - 03:46
Mad Laughter
Account deleted
Written by Almighty Ent on 29.09.2007 at 11:48

thrashy punkish metal.

Crossover thrash...
03.10.2007 - 08:08
Woutjinho
Account deleted
very good band. havent seen them yet though....
01.11.2007 - 17:53
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
I bought The Art Of Partying last week when I was in the states, I sampled the songs while in the record store, it's some pretty fun shit! I love this young generation ov Thrashers as ov late ! I can hear a bit ov Suicidal Tendencies and Stormtroopers Of Death in their sound.

01.11.2007 - 22:10
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
elite
The following update was posted on Earache official website:

"Municipal Waste is featured in a new interview on Blistering.com. This in-depth interview explains practically everything you ever wanted to know about their new album, "The Art Of Partying". In addition, you'll learn a thing or two about life on the road, the origins of "The Inebriator" and how they plan to uphold their reputation as the masters of partying on their next album.

Get the scoop straight from the mouths of the masters of partying. View Municipal Waste's interview with Blistering.com here."
03.11.2007 - 03:48
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
I hardly think they should be called 'crossover thrash' as thrash took influences from punk anyway.
03.11.2007 - 04:03
Mad Laughter
Account deleted
well it is basically thrash with MORE punk influences apparent than usual.