Metal Storm logo
The Ocean - Debut Second Single Feat. Jonas Renkse

New song alert! The Ocean fans get ready for another new song from the band's upcoming new album, the long-awaited Phanerozoic I: Palaeozoic. On the heels of their massive, sprawling "Permian," the German metallers are unleashing another piece of their upcoming album. "Devonian: Nascent" features vocalist Jonas Renkse and can be fully enjoyed here.

'Devonian' takes a completely different turn than their previous single, in part due to the vocals of Jonas Renkse, of Swedish metal giants Katatonia. The collaboration has long been in the making, explains Renkse: "Robin approached me for a guest spot already in 2005, and I really wanted to be part, but at that time we were in the studio ourselves recording The Great Cold Distance so I felt I had too much on my mind. We have met after that and talked a little about doing something and now it finally happened. 'Devonian: Nascent' became a mammoth track without ever losing its initial melancholy."

Adds The Ocean mastermind, Robin Staps, "We sent Jonas the track, and what we got back as a 'demo' was almost identical with what ended up as the final version on the record. Jonas has a perfect and intuitive understanding of our music, there was no need to explain anything. He came up with his own vocal parts and lyrics, and everything just fit perfectly from the start. Katatonia's The Great Cold Distance was an important album for me and for The Ocean, it was one of the first albums where heavy, low-tuned guitars and clean vocals next to one another were actually working out for me, personally. It was an album that made me reconsider my opinion about clean vocals in metal, and that forged my own desire to look for a vocalist for The Ocean who could also deliver cleans."

The record will be released November 2nd via Metal Blade Records (CD/digital) and the band's own Pelagic Records (vinyl).

Source: metalblade.com
Band profile: The Ocean
Posted: 04.10.2018 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 102 users
04.10.2018 - 13:22
Darkside Momo
Retired
elite
Great song, that's for sure !
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
04.10.2018 - 18:22
MetalManic
Don't expect a better quality stream of this on TIDAL (96kbps). Yuck.

Sounds good. Will sound excellent when there is a bettery quality available.
04.10.2018 - 18:26
X-FrEaK
Great song
----
05.10.2018 - 11:33
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
Me thinks this album is gonna be good!
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
19.10.2018 - 17:53
JayMo4
Looks like the new record is gonna be worth the wait.

Hits total: 2215 | This month: 8