Metal Storm logo
Tim "Ripper" Owens - Plans To Re-Record Judas Priest Albums

Singer Tim "Ripper" Owens says that he plans to re-record the albums he made with Judas Priest after his time with the band was "erased" from its past. The vocalist recorded two studio albums with the British heavy metal legends ? 1997's Jugulator and 2001's Demolition ? before the band reunited with Rob Halford.

After a fan pointed out to Tim "Ripper" Owens on Facebook that the two albums from his era of Judas Priest have been out of print on vinyl for "quite a number of years now," Owens shared the post and responded: "Yep Great to see my time in JP has erased and my CDs and ME from their past! Well I haven't forgot my past and I will be working on re recording the studio CDs and releasing them myself! Why not?"

Last year, Owens had said that he would rejoin Judas Priest if asked. "There's no doubt I would, if the timing was right," he said. "It's not gonna happen ? it's never gonna happen. It'll never, ever happen; Rob's not ever gonna leave Judas Priest. They'll retire and I think that'll be it. But, yeah, I'll tell you the reason I would is because of the friendship. Financially, I don't know if it could be any... it's not gonna be any better than what I do now. But the friendship with those guys is really great. They are great guys and I had an absolute blast with them. That's probably the thing I miss the most ? hanging out with them and the friendship."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Tim "Ripper" Owens
Posted: 13.10.2018 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 114 users
13.10.2018 - 16:29
Lanthros

Jugulator was bad ass but i didnt like demolition. But i woukdnt exactly call out of print erasing that era. It just didnt get that much support. Ill admit his time in iced earth SHOULD be erased though. Anyway i hope the rest of JP are ok with him doing this.
13.10.2018 - 19:00
skelator

Meh.
----
Best Metal Albums of 2023: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9jaZJRBeBw

Best Metal Demos: www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HtsgSQjV44
13.10.2018 - 20:49
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Jugulator is one of my favorites. Demolition was a let down though. However it would be good for Tim to re-record them and re-release them. Hella hard to find them in physical format. It is kinda annoying that Halford and the other Priest guys ignore those 2 albums. Dickinson is singing to this day songs from the 2 Bayley albums. It wouldn't bit for them to give these 2 a chance, particularly since it has a few good tracks, such as Death Row or Cathedral Spires.
14.10.2018 - 00:26
Enemy of Reality
Account deleted
Written by Lanthros on 13.10.2018 at 16:29

Ill admit his time in iced earth SHOULD be erased though.

His performances with IE were damn good. Its not his fault Jon Schaffer went on a patriot fever and after that had the lame idea to come up with a sci fi metal opera.
14.10.2018 - 03:20
Lanthros

Written by Guest on 14.10.2018 at 00:26

Written by Lanthros on 13.10.2018 at 16:29

Ill admit his time in iced earth SHOULD be erased though.

His performances with IE were damn good. Its not his fault Jon Schaffer went on a patriot fever and after that had the lame idea to come up with a sci fi metal opera.

Ill say his voice was as good as it ever was he just wasnt a good fit for iced earth. But in all fairness who is going to sound right coming in behind matt?
14.10.2018 - 04:34
WorpeX
Made of Metal
I feel like I was the only one who liked Demolition. Granted, it doesn't sound like Judas Priest proper, but there are some killer songs on that record. Hell Is Home is my favorite but Jekyll And Hyde and Subterfuge are also solid.
14.10.2018 - 06:08
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by ManiacBlasphemer on 13.10.2018 at 20:49

Hella hard to find them in physical format.

The only time I've ever seen the Demolition cd is in a shop in another country (US). Probably shoulda bought it, in hindsight.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
13.01.2019 - 01:31
Mr. Sadistik

Hell yes, he should! I always said how badly I'd love a remix of those two releases, because, as much as I love and respect Glenn Tipton, his production was always very flat and muddied to hell. If he does this, I will certainly pick them both up! "Jugulator" is up there with Priest's classics, and the perfect follow up to "Painkiller", so it sucks to see them completely disregard that album in particular. Rob would slay those tunes live too! "Demolition" was much weaker overall, but tracks like "Machine Man", "Jeckyll & Hyde", and even "Metal Messiah" were brutal as all balls!

Hits total: 4192 | This month: 5