Metal Storm logo
Rotting Christ

Original post

Posted by AncientOrigins, 25.05.2006 - 13:07
Of course we also need a new Rotting Christ topic in the new forum, right?

Rotting Christ is my favourite band by far, and especially their first three full-length albums are my favourites (they don't have ANY bad release, though)

There've been rumors about a new Rotting Christ album for months, but only very few seem to be true:

- the album is in production
- "Last news is that I am still working on the new album and till now it sounds ...really occult, aggressive and as always dark melodic." - Sakis Tolis

Well, I hope it's going to be like Sakis says.

Your opinions about the band?

26.01.2011 - 23:49
insomniac_marlin

Written by Guest on 26.01.2011 at 23:42

Written by insomniac_marlin on 26.01.2011 at 23:21

Hi.. I've heard a lot about this band. I'm thinking of checking them out. Can someone recommend the best album to start with?

Start with the debut album, Thy Mighty Contract.

Alright. Thanks.
17.05.2011 - 23:08
Llort

Damn, Theogonia kicks ass, why have I constantly ignored these guys??

Recommendations on which album I should listen to next?
18.05.2011 - 00:15
Vombatus
Potorro
Written by Llort on 17.05.2011 at 23:08

Damn, Theogonia kicks ass, why have I constantly ignored these guys??

Recommendations on which album I should listen to next?

Personaly, I think all their stuff is very very good. After Theogonia... I'd check Kronos/Genesis/Sanctus Diavolos. They all are great and in the same vein.

Older stuff like A Dead Poem and Sleep Of The Angels is much more gothic/slow paced influenced, yet good.
First ones are excelent but much more primitive sounding (Triarchy Of Lost Lovers being probably personal favorite along with Genesis).

Haven't listened alot Aealo, but I remember it being some sort of step down... should pick it up someday.
18.05.2011 - 01:38
Sophist

Theogonia, AEALO, Genesis and Sanctus Diavolos are my favorites. I just love songs about greek mythology.
18.05.2011 - 14:18
Bulletdodger

One of my favourite bands so far. All their stuff is great , especially Theogonia and Sanctus Diavolos.
----
Aus dem Paradies, das Cantor uns geschaffen, soll uns niemand vertreiben können.
David Hilbert
28.05.2011 - 17:39
VloRD

You have got to love that Greek accent and lyrics used by the vocalist...
My fav. albums are Theogonia, Thy Mighty Contract and Sanctus Diavolos.
----
30.05.2011 - 05:52
stephenssaiyan
Account deleted
Triarchy of the lost lovers is their best imo. However most of their stuff is good.
30.05.2011 - 22:28
Valforax

Brilliant band. All their stuff is good, but Theogonia is my favourite album
31.05.2011 - 04:48
Richard

Written by VloRD on 28.05.2011 at 17:39

You have got to love that Greek accent and lyrics used by the vocalist...
My fav. albums are Theogonia, Thy Mighty Contract and Sanctus Diavolos.

Yes, the vocalist's accent does indeed give the band another 'bit of something different'. The band has quite a distinctive sound overall, and that distinctive voice, with that accent and the pronunciation of certain words adds to the overall charm.
----
31.07.2011 - 00:18
The Turbanator

Currently loving their "Khronos" album. Soo good.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
31.07.2011 - 03:19
MetalSpider

Theogonia is still my favourite. AEALO was great but it wasn't as memorable as Theogonia...for me at least.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
31.07.2011 - 12:21
The Turbanator

Yeah, Theogonia is an amazing album. AEALO and Sanctus Diavolos come close.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
07.03.2012 - 11:44
The Turbanator

I've been hearing that Non Serviam album of theirs. Loving it. Amazing album.

One of the few bands that started with a bang and still doing so.
----
07.03.2012 - 14:58
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by The Turbanator on 07.03.2012 at 11:44

Ther last one was quite a dud, though
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

07.03.2012 - 15:35
Branzig

I really only care for their old, and I mean OLD stuff. But they get a "+1" for their band name haha.
----
In Grind We Crust
07.03.2012 - 17:53
The Turbanator

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 07.03.2012 at 14:58

Written by The Turbanator on 07.03.2012 at 11:44

Ther last one was quite a dud, though

If you mean "dud" as in "bad" then yeah I know where you coming from. I prefer their older stuff more than the recent ones. Addictive stuff haha
----
09.03.2012 - 19:06
DJ Mythos

You know, I've never really been a fan. It's funny. I know a lot about them, I just never got into them. Maybe I just haven't them in the proper time and place.
----
Vapour Bay Radio

Miasmic anti-modern metal.
10.03.2012 - 13:20
BloodTears
ANA-thema
I hope their next album is finally good. I mean, the last album wasn't "awful" just forgettable and uninteresting.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
11.03.2012 - 17:30
Infernal Eternal

Love RC but their later albums aren't like the old stuff.
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
23.02.2013 - 21:53
The Turbanator

New album available on stream here (releasing next week) : http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/rotting-christ-kata-ton-daimona-eaytoy-full-album-stream/
----
11.06.2013 - 15:26
mojo

^I am really enjoying this album. Some of my favourite Rotting Christ songs to date are on it. In Yumen - Xibalba is a f-king masterpiece of a song.
----
Yeah. No. Wait, what was the question?
27.08.2013 - 12:10
BloodTears
ANA-thema
So sad that they finally played in Portugal and I couldn't go see them because I was on my vacations. Talk about bad luck. Maybe they will come again?

Anyway, I've been compensating that by watching their DVD Non Serviam - A 20 Year Apocryphal Story which has an amazing setlist
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
26.04.2021 - 16:55
nikarg

I have no idea why I never saw it before even though it had been coming up on my YT recommendations all the time. Fantastic video of Rotting Christ performing songs from the beginning up to Triarchy Of The Lost Lovers, shot in the studio for Metal Mexico Festival. The songs are outstanding, from the best era of RC when they had their best lineup. The bass on this recording sounds awesome. Those of you who have placed and maintained the Yoth Iria debut at the #1 spot of this year's Top-20 need to watch this.

26.04.2021 - 19:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by nikarg on 26.04.2021 at 16:55

I have no idea why I never saw it before even though it had been coming up on my YT recommendations all the time. Fantastic video of Rotting Christ performing songs from the beginning up to Triarchy Of The Lost Lovers, shot in the studio for Metal Mexico Festival. The songs are outstanding, from the best era of RC when they had their best lineup. The bass on this recording sounds awesome. Those of you who have placed and maintained the Yoth Iria debut at the #1 spot of this year's Top-20 need to watch this.

This is killer, good quallity, good songs. I miss how good that band was in old days.
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing