Metal Storm logo
School education - another form of manipulation?

Original post

Posted by Damnated, 25.05.2006 - 13:11
I mean the education what we recieve in schools. What do you think? IMO education is manipulation, cuz we learn what the government tells us, and the simple fact that sometimes history books are different in countries, makes you think, or not?
02.03.2013 - 03:01
Death To Posers
Hate Thy King
Of course... You think Columbus discovered America? You think there is no biological basis for race? You think there have never been genocides against white people? I could go on...
----
The word gen means "illusion" or "apparition." In India, a man who uses conjury is called a genjutsushi ["a master of illusion technique"]. Everything in this world is but a marionette show. Thus we use the word gen.
08.10.2013 - 19:53
Mercyful_Kate

I don't think the purpose of the educational system in the United States is to manipulate children. I do, however, believe that our political climate has a huge influence on school curriculum, which sometimes results in bad educational practice. Politicians at every level have also been robbing our schools for years. When I was in high school in 2003, I was using a history book from the 80's. It's unfair to cut funding for childrens' educations and expect them to try to earn it back through grant programs based on school performance. The schools aren't performing well because their resources have been cut over and over again to fund foreign wars and corporate bailouts.
20.04.2016 - 22:42
Enteroctopus

Written by Mercyful_Kate on 08.10.2013 at 19:53

I don't think the purpose of the educational system in the United States is to manipulate children. I do, however, believe that our political climate has a huge influence on school curriculum, which sometimes results in bad educational practice. Politicians at every level have also been robbing our schools for years. When I was in high school in 2003, I was using a history book from the 80's. It's unfair to cut funding for childrens' educations and expect them to try to earn it back through grant programs based on school performance. The schools aren't performing well because their resources have been cut over and over again to fund foreign wars and corporate bailouts.

Well said.

No, sadly I don't think we have a conspiracy to blame for any of it. More like mismanagement and bad decisions on many levels for generations.

When it comes to history and Columbus and that dogshit, well? If you didn't have the Pledge of Allegiance and whatever other obviously fascist rituals, would your life really have been any better? If anything at least it's a shared experience, we can all look back and reflect on how ridiculous it was.

Public school really is a strange experience. I mean, square dancing?! I was trying to figure out how to not get my ass kicked and honestly trying to sort out whether I was gay or not, and here is this guy with a $14 record player teaching us dances from 1916 - like, yeah, that's really going to help my adolescent experience!!!

Oh well, we survived. I don't think anyone is manipulating us because I don't think anyone is smart enough. Now corporations? DIFFERENT BALLGAME!!!

They are smart enough, and rich enough, and yes, they are manipulating us. Ever watch a commercial?
02.09.2016 - 04:41
Angry Soul

----
"The valor that struggles is better than the weakness that endures." - Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel

"Art is the Tree of Life. Science is the Tree of Death." - William Blake