Metal Storm logo
Vektor - Release Statement Regarding Members Leaving

Just before the end of 2016, fans of Vektor were informed that three members of the band, guitarist Erik Nelson, drummer Blake Anderson and bassist Frank Chin have quit the group, leaving guitarist/vocalist and founding member David DiSanto all to himself. Below is some further insight by the band's frontman on what happened.

David DiSanto wrote on Vektor's Facebook page: Alright. "There's a lot that needs to be said. I'm tired of reading misinformed people's comments about what happened with myself and former members of Vektor. I could write an entire book about what happened, but I have a respect for my friends that goes beyond our immediate discrepancies that led to our falling apart. Trust me, I know, it fucking sucks. I miss those guys and I'm sure they miss me too, or at least what we did together. They were pretty much my entire world. They were that shining beacon of light that I had to look forward to every week in regards to band practice. Band practice became so ingrained on my mind that that's what kept me going week to week. I still to this day don't have anything as bonding as two days a week band practice and it's something I'm trying to work through/resolve. It's tough even getting to that point, it's tough during that point, and it's even tougher when it doesn't work out.

"A gathering and divergence of individuals is never easy in the coming together or the splitting apart. There are so many variables that come into play when you're talking about different personalities trying to make something together. That's a huge part of why good bands are so important, because it's so fragile. Good bands are like our oceans, Borneo, the Amazon, or any of the other ecosystems that are fading. I'm truly sorry for the failure of this particular ecosystem. It doesn't make sense, because I've always been a proponent of balance. I think that was a huge part of Vektor's undoing. To anyone that knows me personally, they know I'm a pacifist.

"I held two titles for the duration of the lineup that everyone is so familiar with: one was a peacekeeper, and one was a band leader. Those two titles can never really coexist. The dynamic of the band turned early on. There were days that we shared a democratic vision of what the band would do, and then there were days when it didn't seem fair to share what the band's future endeavors would be. When you're in a band, you can't really pick and choose what those might be.

"I realized very early that this trip was not going to be an easy vacation. 'Dark Nebula' was my first thoughts into this. Outer Isolation was my first real interpretation of the matter of acknowledging the fact that my friends were driving me away from the things I loved and the things that they portrayed.

"Terminal Redux was a culmination of so many things that had been coming for a long time. 'Terminal Redux' means the end again. It's the title that had been playing over and over in my head. The meaningful withdrawal from the band, I had been thinking it years before. It is a concept album, but it's a concept album about the band. Only a few close friends know this, and now you. I'm sorry for getting you involved in this nonsense. I guess some or most fans might be interested to know. I just can't read a slew of bullshit comments and let it be portrayed as truth anymore."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Vektor
Posted: 13.11.2018 by nikarg

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 13   Visited by: 237 users
13.11.2018 - 01:18
MetalManic

This statement poorly clarified things.
13.11.2018 - 02:21
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Cut the fucking bullshit...and tell us what exactly happened?
13.11.2018 - 02:40
MyNameJeff

Drama alert!!!!
We have a contender right here.

Really sucks though.
13.11.2018 - 09:16
Enemy of Reality
Account deleted
This is kinda stupid isn't it? Don't bother with these public statements. It makes it unecessarly over dramatic. It happened between you and the other band members. Keep it private, move on. Write a new album. Let the music do the talking. Spare us from this bullshit drama.
13.11.2018 - 09:57
Ball Fondlers

Written by Guest on 13.11.2018 at 09:16

This is kinda stupid isn't it? Don't bother with these public statements. It makes it unecessarly over dramatic. It happened between you and the other band members. Keep it private, move on. Write a new album. Let the music do the talking. Spare us from this bullshit drama.

Yes, kind of. It sounds like Dave makes the fatal mistake of actually reading shit on facebook about his band
13.11.2018 - 12:16
Joppe
Steelemeister
MegaDavid vs Vektallica?
----
My vision is augmented
13.11.2018 - 13:52
ApollyonDS

I guess David was just getting annoyed at gossip around the band. It's true that he didn't give a concrete answer, but he did state "immediate discrepancies that led to our falling apart". They probably just got into an argument and wanted to do things differently. They perhaps disagreed on certain points and saw they couldn't work together. I can see why David would release this statement. And it's not gonna cause any unneccessary drama, nothing controversial here, just a man expressing his feelings. Move on...
13.11.2018 - 14:15
Stormm

"... It is a concept album, but it's a concept album about the band..."

No, NO! This is a concept album about long cosmic journey through time and space! Stop ruining it!
13.11.2018 - 16:26
Daniell
_爱情_
How to write 200 words and say nothing.
13.11.2018 - 17:38
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Oh my god HOW OLD is this guy again? *goes to check*... 35?!?!?! Dude writes like a 15 year old. Jeez what a load of shit.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
13.11.2018 - 19:51
Zap
As with any band-related drama, it's usually a wise decision to just keep this between the band members. It's none of our business what happens beyond the music, and most attempts to "clarify" a private matter result in someone making a fool out of oneself.
13.11.2018 - 20:59
SatanicBlood

Me: Dave, you focus on semantics but ignore the pragmatics. Do you care to elaborate?

Dave: Yes.
15.11.2018 - 14:30
AndreMarcos

Here we go. THis is an amazing setup for some epic drama.We just have to wait for the ex members replies.

And I only wanted a new cd

Hits total: 5224 | This month: 7